Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

Check out Shaq Mason when he starts at RG or C on Sunday for the Patriots in the super bowl. he was a beast of a guard at Tech, diving at defenders legs but pulling like a road-grader. All ACC in 2013 I believe. A 2 star coming out of HS.

Parker Braun is a stud. Plain and simple
He’s better than what’s on this roster day 1. Accomplished and Experienced player. He’s NFL quality run blocker . 6”4 290. He’ll have to make a adjustment on consistency in the PP game. He’s viewed as a legit NFL prospect

Advertisement
I wonder if he knows that, in other systems, he'll have to do more than dive at knees.
EA1312C0-D412-4FD8-8F18-FE3A283DA88B.gif

It is very sad that many of you believe that every transfer is better than our current players. Has it dawned upon you that we have a new offensive coaching staff that will get more out of our current players than the last group of clowns?
The guys on our team is question marks if you can take a guy that’s able to jump in right away you take him. Period.

He's transfering for a reason.....
So is Trevon Hill, so is Jaelan Phillips, so did KJ Osborn. I don’t see you questioning their talent because you’ll be pretty dumb to do so but here you are criticizing Braun. He’s a 2x All-ACC performer and the only conference who puts out more Linemen into the league than us is the Big Ten.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would be HUGE to add a transfer starter on o line. Im sure Manny will be all over him. Especially if we miss on Washington.

He must have really been confident in going to the NFL during his Senior year in HS to pick those BS majors at a top tech school.

Deciding whether or not to pursue something, shouldn't just come down to salary potential. Greatness actually depends more on intrinsic motivating factors than extrinsic.

Deciding whether or not to pursue something, shouldn't just come down to salary potential. Greatness actually depends more on intrinsic motivating factors than extrinsic.

Ya, I am sure tons of great people are literature/media/communications majors. Thanks Confucius.

Advertisement
Ya, I am sure tons of great people are literature/media/communications majors. Thanks Confucius.

I just think it's kind of elitist to try to determine an individuals worth/potential simply from their educational attainment. That's a very myopic way of looking at the world.

I just think it's kind of elitist to try to determine an individuals worth/potential simply from their educational attainment. That's a very myopic way of looking at the world.

And were did I say that? My point was I can see someone like Surtain or other sure locks for the NFL picking a major like that, but when you are not a lock it is dumb to pick a worthless major like that.

Grad transfer. Can’t stop him.

Not entirely sure about that, they might be able to since its in conference.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...that-ends-coaches-ability-to-block-transfers/

Specifically, coaches around the country still anticipate that some leagues will put up walls preventing a player to transfer in-conference. Those details remain to be seen, but such restrictions are common now and prevent athletes from moving within one conference.

English Lit Majors

Grant Tinker, Former CEO of NBC
Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas
Mitt Romney, CEO of Bain and former governor of Massachusetts
Steven Spielberg
Barbara Walters
Ann Mulcahy, Former xerox CEO
Mario Cuomo, Former Mayor of New York

Some of the best Lawyers in the U.S. were literature majors.

Advertisement
Yes, we have talent on the OL but it is young. To win big this year, we need some upperclassmen that run block well. Braun would help considerably with that. I'm highly confident that our young talent will be very solid on OL in 2020 & 2021 but they may not be fully ready to dominate this year. Plus, you can always use depth on the OL in the event of injuries and so you can spell players to keep them fresh. I think Braun would be a tremendous pick-up for us. IMHO, at this point OL and DT should be the primary areas of focus for us (in terms of adding quality upperclassmen).
I think dt is set. we got what 3 in 19 class got nnoruke for grad and have bethel/silvera/ford/miller so dt that's what 8 or 9 bodies there. now I would rather we got another grad transfer at tackle move Scaife to guard but that's me

English Lit Majors

Grant Tinker, Former CEO of NBC
Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas
Mitt Romney, CEO of Bain and former governor of Massachusetts
Steven Spielberg
Barbara Walters
Ann Mulcahy, Former xerox CEO
Mario Cuomo, Former Mayor of New York

Some of the best Lawyers in the U.S. were literature majors.
I didn't know 7 people was considered a ton. Thanks for letting me know I have been using the word incorrectly for my entire life.

Cuomo was a professional athlete so him picking an easy major makes sense.

Also, graduating with a lit degree 50 years ago was a lot different than graduating with one now.

Is Parker going to be a lawyer? Obviously someone trying to go to law school is going to pick a major that is going to fluff up their GPA while also being somewhat beneficial to their future job. It is a lot easier to get a 4.0 in literature and get into a great law school compared to getting a 4.0 in engineering and then going to a great law school.

I think dt is set. we got what 3 in 19 class got nnoruke for grad and have bethel/silvera/ford/miller so dt that's what 8 or 9 bodies there. now I would rather we got another grad transfer at tackle move Scaife to guard but that's me
The addition of Chigoze should help significantly. We have numbers at DT but I don't see anyone (other than Nesta) that has Wilfork, Cortez, Russell Maryland, or Gerald Willis potential (other than Nesta -- who hopefully will continue to develop & be really stout for us). There isn't anyone currently on the roster capable of playing at the William Joseph level at DT either (based on what we've seen to date). Hopefully, some of our current DTs will develop & surprise us to the upside. Big fan of Nesta (he has that dog in him & elite potential). Praying Chigoze plays well for us. We were not stout against the run against Wisconsin (without Gerald Willis in the lineup) which is why this was a major area of need. Chigoze should help considerably. If there was another stout upperclassman available at DT, I would take him & suggest other avenues to someone on the current roster.

I totally agree that strengthening the OL is the #1 priority at this point.

Advertisement
I don’t get what there is to talk about here?? Would be our best olineman easy. You take him and jump for joy!!

Read the following and say “pass” again. I dare you.

Parker Braun to transfer from Georgia Tech

Jan 25, 2019

Georgia Tech guard Parker Braun, probably the Yellow Jackets’ best player on the 2018 team, will leave as a grad transfer, a person familiar with the situation confirmed, adding that “a variety of factors” led to his decision and that Braun gave it considerable thought...
Braun, a three-year starter who had played 32 consecutive games, was named first-team All-ACC this past season after being named second-team All-ACC as a sophomore. Since earning a spot in the starting lineup in the middle of the 2016 season, Braun was an anchor on the line, a forceful combination of agility, unrelenting effort and power. He easily qualifies as one of the top two or three offensive linemen in former coach Paul Johnson’s 11-season tenure.

Having started 32 consecutive games and been an energy-giving leader on the offensive line, he leaves a considerable void for new coach Geoff Collins to fill on the line. ....”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/parker-braun-transfer-from-georgia-tech/ZqJZlGWr2TGXN6q6z1eRZJ/

I double dare you to say “pass” again

Advertisement
Back