English Lit Majors

Grant Tinker, Former CEO of NBC
Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas
Mitt Romney, CEO of Bain and former governor of Massachusetts
Steven Spielberg
Barbara Walters
Ann Mulcahy, Former xerox CEO
Mario Cuomo, Former Mayor of New York

Some of the best Lawyers in the U.S. were literature majors.

I can't believe you stooped enough to respond. Those are fantastic majors. Lots of robotic types major in stuff like engineering because they think they are supposed to. It's all bookwork and hard work, but not necessarily any type of insight or special ability. They aren't capable of winning with thoughts and words and a quick mind, which is what it takes to win media roles and spots in other fields like ones involving the people you named. A sophomore roommate of mine at USC majored in engineering and hated all the bookwork grind but said he knew the degree would look good on paper and lead to a quick job. He was correct but he hated it so much he quit within a few years and became a policeman.

Advertisement
And were did I say that? My point was I can see someone like Surtain or other sure locks for the NFL picking a major like that, but when you are not a lock it is dumb to pick a worthless major like that.

Again..worthless based on what criteria or metric? It's just your OPINION but you talk as if it's the universal truth. Bruh, I've actually tried to be one of your supporters on this forum, but when you make sweeping generalizations & assumptions about things you clearly have very little knowledge about, it only validates criticism that has been levied or waged against you. It is only when an individual possesses the humility to embrace not knowing, will the possibility of knowing, then arise in their life. Ignorance is not bliss

Last edited:
Advertisement
This guy is a stud and we've got a real chance. People questioning taking him are honestly clueless or trolls.
We couldn't run the football for $hi+ against stout Ds...let him take out a few knee caps to open things up...lol seriously, watched some of his game footage.... this guy moves really well..... excellent all around blocker....would solidy our OL depth big-time....don't care about getting 3* "project" Washington we need to beat UF....this type of get helps win those tough inside battles we normally lose....all we gotta do is win this year and those 3* CIS superstar projects will beg to be in the orange and green....

then you put some you don't want anymore into the portal
A team can’t put players in the Portal I player has to put himself in the portal. And never forget all those 2 and 3 stars guys CMR has signed over the past few years they know they have 0 shot at the NFL but a degree from Miami looks way more attractive than a degree from most other schools their talent should have actually gotten them to. So don’t give me they will transfer for playing time.

Again..worthless based on what criteria or metric? It's just your OPINION but you talk as if it's the universal truth. Bruh, I've actually tried to be one of your supporters on this forum, but when you make sweeping generalizations & assumptions about things you clearly have very little knowledge about, it only validates criticism that has been levied or waged against you. It is only when an individual possesses the humility to embrace not knowing, will the possibility of knowing, then arise in their life. Ignorance is not bliss

Official Post and Official Font my dude. Boom

I don't doubt the kid is talented, what I do wonder is how easy would he able to make the adjustment from GT's primarily run oriented offense with the cut blocks to the type of offense Enos is going to use.
He would only have the month of August, or hopefully Spring as well to adapt.
With that said I do believe the staff knows what they are doing.

Advertisement
So is there actually a legitimate chance that he winds up here or is this entire back and forth pointless?

So is there actually a legitimate chance that he winds up here or is this entire back and forth pointless?

Good question. I have no idea what his level of interest in us is versus other schools that might want him. I do know that if it was up to me, I would take him in a second if he wanted to come here.

I don’t see any way that you wouldn’t take him. He should be able to adapt to our system which is going to be much more like the NFL, rather than the triple option they ran at GT, he’s an athlete, he’s a bruiser, he’s strong, mean and skilled... and he’s recognized as one of the best offensive lineman in the ACC.

How do you not take him if he wants to come?

Good question. I have no idea what his level of interest in us is versus other schools that might want him. I do know that if it was up to me, I would take him in a second if he wanted to come here.

I don’t see any way that you wouldn’t take him. He should be able to adapt to our system which is going to be much more like the NFL, rather than the triple option they ran at GT , he’s an athlete, he’s mean, he’s a bruiser, he’s strong, mean and skilled... and he’s recognized as one of the best offense of lineman in the ACC.

How do you not take him if he wants to come ?

Agree. Especially given the dog**** OL play we had last year. It's not even a question.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Read the following and say “pass” again. I dare you.

Parker Braun to transfer from Georgia Tech

Jan 25, 2019

Georgia Tech guard Parker Braun, probably the Yellow Jackets’ best player on the 2018 team, will leave as a grad transfer, a person familiar with the situation confirmed, adding that “a variety of factors” led to his decision and that Braun gave it considerable thought...
Braun, a three-year starter who had played 32 consecutive games, was named first-team All-ACC this past season after being named second-team All-ACC as a sophomore. Since earning a spot in the starting lineup in the middle of the 2016 season, Braun was an anchor on the line, a forceful combination of agility, unrelenting effort and power. He easily qualifies as one of the top two or three offensive linemen in former coach Paul Johnson’s 11-season tenure.

Having started 32 consecutive games and been an energy-giving leader on the offensive line, he leaves a considerable void for new coach Geoff Collins to fill on the line. ....”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/parker-braun-transfer-from-georgia-tech/ZqJZlGWr2TGXN6q6z1eRZJ/

I double dare you to say “pass” again

Fine I will say it.. I'm not afraid of you..

PASS ..... HIS *** TO TNM!

Advertisement
Back