Parents wildin' again...?

if I were CJ Jrs dad, I would be on every radio station complaining bc that kid deserves to be on the field w his speed. no other explosion out of that room

And if i was the radio host, I would ask the dad:

“So, tell me about how good your son is in blitz pickup and pass pro? Has he now learned how to protect against a LB 40 pounds bigger than he is? Might the desire of coaches not to get the QB killed possibly be a teeny tiny factor? Maybe just a little? Because if so, then pops, it’s possible you need to STFU”

Advertisement
Seriously. IF kid is doing everything that Feld & Co are advising and he's still that thin then I'm gonna start crushing peanut butter sandwiches on brioche before bed every night if I'm him. Deal with managing the bad weight later rather than look like someome that should be playing guard for Jimmy Larranaga.
Yeah a few times I’ve said we should probably chill with comments about the insults about his weight. I’ve seen enough kids that can’t gain weight. But also it can get pretty psychological. I just remember someone commenting that in the summer he was in baggy hoodies and pants and he seemed to be hiding his weight. That one kinda hit different I dunno.

Some dudes legit can’t gain weight

My GF juices a lot too. I've learned to not talk back to her.

Smirk Confidence GIF
Tight End? 👀

That's where I disagree. The percentage of snaps a player gets shouldn't change. Only the number of snaps would decrease. We have guys that in my mind should play who get zero snaps.

Also, we run this slow plodding offense. I hate it. We go slow, while other teams take advantage of the rules and wear teams down by using tempo. UNC did it to us. We could be crushing teams if we ran tempo. Oklahoma runs tempo 100% of the time. Instead we run a 1980's offense.

Our offense scored 13 points at the end of regulation this past game against UVA.

The only difference from Gaddis and Dawson thus far is Dawson has a better offensive line to work with. We got a teaser in the A&M game and haven't seen anything resembling that offense since.

So, the style of offense and play calling are killing opportunities for more playing time and hurting our ability to score points.
Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

Advertisement
And if i was the radio host, I would ask the dad:

“So, tell me about how good your son is in blitz pickup and pass pro? Has he now learned how to protect against a LB 40 pounds bigger than he is? Might the desire of coaches not to get the QB killed possibly be a teeny tiny factor? Maybe just a little? Because if so, then pops, it’s possible you need to STFU”
and you see the complete lack of explosion in our offense and how slow our RB room is right?

if I were CJ Jrs dad, I would be on every radio station complaining bc that kid deserves to be on the field w his speed. no other explosion out of that room
I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some “contact” between Ole Miss and CJ Jr. since they were his leader for awhile and I can only imagine how they would say they would be using him and sitting in the top 10.

Advertisement
That's where I disagree. The percentage of snaps a player gets shouldn't change. Only the number of snaps would decrease. We have guys that in my mind should play who get zero snaps.

Also, we run this slow plodding offense. I hate it. We go slow, while other teams take advantage of the rules and wear teams down by using tempo. UNC did it to us. We could be crushing teams if we ran tempo. Oklahoma runs tempo 100% of the time. Instead we run a 1980's offense.

Our offense scored 13 points at the end of regulation this past game against UVA.

The only difference from Gaddis and Dawson thus far is Dawson has a better offensive line to work with. We got a teaser in the A&M game and haven't seen anything resembling that offense since.

So, the style of offense and play calling are killing opportunities for more playing time and hurting our ability to score points.
Can't disagree with any of this....

I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some “contact” between Ole Miss and CJ Jr. since they were his leader for awhile and I can only imagine how they would say they would be using him and sitting in the top 10.
the excuse that he can't block is BS in todays football. there are plenty of creative ways to get a guy like that on the field. yet we store him on the bench while the rest of the slow *** backs go three yards and a cloud of dust half the time. **** get him in space and let him roam

Advertisement
My big toe weighs more than Moss. ******* redshirt freshman’s dad really yapping it up. Seriously…

Moss' dad was said to be bad-mouthing our nutrition program. We will have 10-15 transfer out at season's end. It's needed by both sides. The school doesn't need dead-weight and the players need to find a school where they can actually get on the field. 2025 should be our year. We are a couple years away from depth across the board w experience imo.
Not sure of the exact numbers, but the simple math of us signing somewhere around 25 kids (currently have 24 committed) and then wanting to bring in players in the portal... even if we only bring 5 kids, that means that 30 need to leave and we don't have that many kids that are out of eligibility this year.

Kids are going to need to transfer, retire and/or graduate out no matter what; hopefully it's the ones that aren't Miami caliber and they can find better opportunities elsewhere and not cause locker room problems this year.

Advertisement
I assure you, a player can eat all the eggs, meats, greens, and carbs they could ever want. The nutrition staff is there to support a player, but at a certain level of dedication they don't matter anymore (on a handful of individuals) because the athlete is making sure they are eating right by counting calories, macros, etc. It's a garbage excuse to blame the nutrition staff. If a player is late to a lift, is it the strength coach's fault for not calling an hour before to wake them up? Eating right isn't hard from a knowledge standpoint, just eat greens and meats. It's hard to have the willpower to follow through. If there are complaints about nutritionists, then there follows complaints about the weight room gains, followed by field performance. From a root cause analysis perspective, the analysis is just going to the last point before the true issue.

I'm ranting, but this hit a sore spot lol.

Advertisement
Back