Parents wildin' again...?

Advertisement
That would be terrible etiquette. Walk or drive a cart.

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

When you have 85 kids on scholarship and only 22 starters, people are going to be unhappy.

Even if you win big and empty the bench and the 2 deep gets to play the entire second half, you still have half the team getting very little to no playing time.

And we haven't won big for over a month so 50+ players are not getting the playing time they probably think they deserve. Of course there are going to be a few who don't handle it like a professional.

Advertisement
I agree. They are customizing diets and **** and Feld I’m sure has some secret potions they give out. Floored how small he still looks. Looks like a WR.
Seriously. IF kid is doing everything that Feld & Co are advising and he's still that thin then I'm gonna start crushing peanut butter sandwiches on brioche before bed every night if I'm him. Deal with managing the bad weight later rather than look like someome that should be playing guard for Jimmy Larranaga.

Advertisement
When you have 85 kids on scholarship and only 22 starters, people are going to be unhappy.

Even if you win big and empty the bench and the 2 deep gets to play the entire second half, you still have half the team getting very little to no playing time.

And we haven't won big for over a month so 50+ players are not getting the playing time they probably think they deserve. Of course there are going to be a few who don't handle it like a professional.
Exactly… as we’ve been saying the portal giveth and the portal taketh away. We got Tyrique from a loaded UGA team because he didn’t care for how he was being utilized. It happens.

Moss' dad was said to be bad-mouthing our nutrition program. We will have 10-15 transfer out at season's end. It's needed by both sides. The school doesn't need dead-weight and the players need to find a school where they can actually get on the field. 2025 should be our year. We are a couple years away from depth across the board w experience imo.

Advertisement
If I had to guess... i would say the Washington's pop. Very vocal during the "spring" game lol.

I would love to see Robbie Washington on kick or punt returns, sooner or later (obviously #0 has been excellent on kick returns) His HS highlights (especially that junior tape) shows ALOT of house calls returning kicks, running through and away from Dave.

Also worth noting that his only reception of the year was a ball that was either low or behind him (can't remember) that he really had to adjust to and made a nice play.

We are just deep right now at WR and everyone's stayed healthy.

Last edited:
Too many close games with sputtering offense plus this year the games are shorter due to new game clock rules. So I can see many backups being disappointed in lack of playing time, especially at WR.
That's not an excuse. The coaches talk about players earning playing time. If they earn the playing time, then they should play. A reduced number of plays just means less snaps. It doesn't mean no snaps.

Earning playing time isn't about getting on the field during garbage time. It's about trust and opportunity. You only gain trust by playing meaningful snaps.

On offense, we only seem to rotate at RB, but at WR, it's basically the 3 starters. Brashard is one of our most explosive players and he barely gets any touches.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players hit the portal.

If the coaches talk the talk. They have to walk the walk.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Moss' dad was said to be bad-mouthing our nutrition program. We will have 10-15 transfer out at season's end. It's needed by both sides. The school doesn't need dead-weight and the players need to find a school where they can actually get on the field. 2025 should be our year. We are a couple years away from depth across the board w experience imo.
Pretty much what we’ve been hearing for the past 20 years
We’re basically the cowboys of college football

CJ24 will get more playing time next year unless this staff is stupid.

Crazy that he hasn’t played more this year, but he’s at a deep position and is a little undersized. He should be returning kicks with Breshard next year. Let Ray Ray return punts.

There need to be packages using CJ24 in passing game too he just needs to become a better pass protector too.
I don't pencil in anyone as a starter. X is a a very good player. He does many things well, but the 3 guys behind him are all more explosive. One of them could take the starting role next year.

I just think the staff is making a mistake particularly on offense by not getting other guys more snaps.

If you have an injury, you could be playing a guy who hasn't seen the field or has very little game experience.

Secondly, college football is much different with the portal and this generation of athletes. You can't recruit high end talent and expect them to sit on the bench for 2-3 years. If they haven't left after year 1, they'll be gone in year 2.

What's crazy, especially with fans, is that when a veteran player graduates or just moves on, the first thing anyone says is, "We have to get someone with experience from the portal." I think that's just crazy. If your not going to develop and give opportunity to the players you are recruiting, then what the **** are you doing?

Experience only comes from playing.

That's not an excuse. The coaches talk about players earning playing time. If they esrn the playing time, then they should play. A reduced number of plays just means s less snaps. It doesn't mean no snaps.

Earning playing time isn't about getting on the field during garbage time. It's about trust and opportunity. You only gain trust by playing meaningful snaps.

On offense, we only seem to rotate at RB, but at WR, it's basically the 3 starters. Brashard is one of our most explosive players and he barely gets any touches.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players hit the portal.

If the coaches talk the talk. They have to walk the walk.

Not sure where you disagree with my post. I think we are pointing out similar issues but I also noted that it is harder this year to get more plays because of the new clock rules which cam exacerbated by a plodding, if ineffective, offense.

Not sure where you disagree with my post. I think we are pointing out similar issues but I also noted that it is harder this year to get more plays because of the new clock rules which cam exacerbated by a plodding, if ineffective, offense.
That's where I disagree. The percentage of snaps a player gets shouldn't change. Only the number of snaps would decrease. We have guys that in my mind should play who get zero snaps.

Also, we run this slow plodding offense. I hate it. We go slow, while other teams take advantage of the rules and wear teams down by using tempo. UNC did it to us. We could be crushing teams if we ran tempo. Oklahoma runs tempo 100% of the time. Instead we run a 1980's offense.

Our offense scored 13 points at the end of regulation this past game against UVA.

The only difference from the Gaddis and Dawson (Dawson a better OC) play calling thus far is Dawson has a better offensive line to work with. We got a teaser in the A&M game and haven't seen anything resembling that offense since.

So, the style of offense and play calling are killing opportunities for more playing time and hurting our ability to score points.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back