Packard and Durham on Manny

I feel like that could 100% be argued if you're not looking closely enough. "Look a their offense, all they need is a good defense & they'll be a top 10 team". Sure, sounds good... but the issues lie in the details & they're clearly not watching the games.
correct

Advertisement
We didn't have great ST play with Mark Richt either. Remember we had to bring in a P and K due to the lack of talent on the roster at those positions?
We had punt return touchdowns against VT in Blacksburg if I remember correctly and we actually returned the ball with a certain degree of success (Berrios and Thomas were solid despite the latter having some issues with inopportune ball security), Richt did mess up with the kicker/punter situation with Feegles and Baxa despite they were highly rated, aside from OL these are the hardest projections imo. The lease on Hedley and Borregales were our saving grace last year. What have we seen this year though aside from Hedley and what do we have on the roster that will replace him?

OP agrees, lmfao! You are 100% a gator troll. “Hurricane4lyfe”. Doesn’t get any more obvious than that.

They want to see us suck. That’s why Roddy White tried hyping Manny up too at the end of the VT game.
Not true. Packer and Durham want Miami to be successful because it's good for the ACC and college football. They have talked about it many times. If you watched them regularly you'd know.

I do disagree with them on Manny and they were Blake James defenders as well which I also disagree with. Both need to go, but don't get it twisted, nearly all the media wants Miami to be good because it's good for college football with more eyes on the TV and more $$$$ in pockets.

Said that Manny got the program back on track said Manny deserves another year or two which I agree yall can get mad all yall want but with the right DC we're a championship team Tvd is dangerous and we really can't disrupt what he's doing. Everyone in the country on notice
Richt retired after going 7-5... Manny took over the team and went 6-6, he's now "Check My Notes" 6-5 in year 3.... So how did he get the program back on track?

Advertisement
Not true. Packer and Durham want Miami to be successful because it's good for the ACC and college football. They have talked about it many times. If you watched them regularly you'd know.

I do disagree with them on Manny and they were Blake James defenders as well which I also disagree with. Both need to go, but don't get it twisted, nearly all the media wants Miami to be good because it's good for college football with more eyes on the TV and more $$$$ in pockets.

Actions speak louder than words.

Yes, they’ve said on air, for their employer, how they want us to be good for the overall “perception” (there’s that word again) for the ACC. However, their actions in being completely upset at our firing of Blake James, conjuring up how “GREAT” of an AD he was for us, and now defending Diaz, again, conjuring up a narrative of him righting the ship…bruh, their actions show they want us messing up their precious Tobacco Road cargo.

Advertisement
We had punt return touchdowns against VT in Blacksburg if I remember correctly and we actually returned the ball with a certain degree of success (Berrios and Thomas were solid despite the latter having some issues with inopportune ball security), Richt did mess up with the kicker/punter situation with Feegles and Baxa despite they were highly rated, aside from OL these are the hardest projections imo. The lease on Hedley and Borregales were our saving grace last year. What have we seen this year though aside from Hedley and what do we have on the roster that will replace him?
Apparently we have another Aussie punter in the fold already. We'll see what he can do next season I guess.

I am not taking up for our return teams at all. Just making the point that they have neither excelled nor regressed from coach to coach. George is the best punt returner we've had in quite some time.

Packard and Durham are FSU fans and same people that do not want The U back on top of course they want Manny to have 2 more years!

Said that Manny got the program back on track said Manny deserves another year or two which I agree yall can get mad all yall want but with the right DC we're a championship team Tvd is dangerous and we really can't disrupt what he's doing. Everyone in the country on notice

Dude will be 21-15 after this weekend—with some abysmal losses to his name. ACC was RIPE for the taking this year and Canes set to (most-likely) finish third in the lowly Coastal.

Narcissistic, egotistical and a control freak—HAD to control the defense (instead of bringing in an alpha coordinator), allowed Ed Reed in a mascot-like role (but wouldn't welcome Highsmith in GM role) and tries too hard to be liked / accepted by his players, opposed to feared / respected.

Manny isn't a CEO of a championship-caliber program. He doesn't have that gear. He's played the game as a coach; punched in the teeth at Texas for best role he'd had to date ... went down, worked way back up with lesser jobs (Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State) before Richt tapped him as second choice (behind Aranda) at Miami.

Climbing ladder and was headed to Temple—where Rod Carey is now 12-19 over same span Diaz went 21-15 at Miami. Can't imagine Diaz would've done much better at Temple with the lesser personnel than he has at Miami, either.

He doesn't have the cachet to be Miami's head coach and we've seen that he's a perennial 7-5 / 8-4 kind of guy. If he couldn't win the sorry-*** Coastal this year, little reason to believe he'll do it in a year a Clemson is back on top.

Furthermore, all these "close games" and chatter about 6-5 easily being 8-3 / 9-2 — he could also easily be 3-8 right now if Van Dyke didn't come in and set the world on absolute fire. Top notch quarterback played has masked sub-par defense these past few weeks .... and that loss to a FSU team that had one six games in two years; that was his year three FIU-type loss (while car two had the 62-24 beatdown via North Carolina.)

Average coach for a program looking to aim for above average moving forward. Send him packing. Dead Manny Walking.

Advertisement
Apparently we have another Aussie punter in the fold already. We'll see what he can do next season I guess.

I am not taking up for our return teams at all. Just making the point that they have neither excelled nor regressed from coach to coach. George is the best punt returner we've had in quite some time.
I have heard the same and we also had the number one kicker and punter in the country with Feagles and Baxa. My point has been we have sucked and have been bailed out by the transfers we did not develop. George is a bright spot if coached appropriately and if the punt coverage team can help out. Going back to the main point - our team's three phases under our current coach have not been in sync. IMO that's on the head man, specially after he completely gambled on himself to be the DC.

Whatever happens, I will support UM and the coach. Do I like to win, yes. Just like any other fan likes to win. I do have one question which is based on a simple fact and a question. Since Blake was fired for not properly supporting his coaches in all sports, how do we know that Manny didn't ask for more money for better assistants? More assistants/support staff to assist in recruit screening/scouting? Did Blake make a persuasive argument and continue to do so? Did he just give up when he received the first no? Did Manny ask again and again or did he just give up? These are fair questions that the next AD will have to be prepared to respond to. If Manny did return for the 2022 season, a new AD must demand he hire a highly competent DC and allow him to pick his own staff. All of the speculation on the board is annoying and common knowledge from sportswriters speculating and then being passed off as factual. Those people that know something, aren't talking until decisions are made and announcements are scheduled.

Advertisement
I'm going to be a hard no dog.

Frustrated Stephen Colbert GIF

Back on this track?
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 3.57.08 PM.png

This is the track people who don't care about Miami want. Not Miami fans.

Advertisement
Back