P.J. Fleck- A Leader of Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it goes back to negligence instead of a physical action no? Back to what we originally thought of manslaughter with negligent homicide being the bare minimum.
It can easily be manslaughter. They’ll look at Murder 2 as well I’d think. He’ll try to plea down to involuntary manslaughter.

Advertisement
Did I read that wiki correctly - Baden has 8 kids from 2 bebé mamá?
that have some cash too

“Michael Baden was born in the Bronx, New York City to a ****** family.[25][26] He is married to Linda Kenney Baden, who served as one of Phil Spector's main attorneys during his capital murder trial and replaced Bruce Cutlerafter his withdrawal from the proceedings.[27]They have four children. His first marriage, which ended in 1997, was to Judianne Densen-Gerber, a physician and founder of the drug treatment program Odyssey House; together they had four children, Trissa, Judson, Lindsey, and Sarah.[28]

They always do an autopsy but they didn’t need it to charge the police with a crime. Additionally, you take your victim as you find them. If you lightly smack a guy with a heart condition in the face because he ****ed you off and he drops dead, your up ****’s creek.

That is not the issue. The issue is what crime you charge him with?

Advertisement
I haven’t practiced in years and not criminal law. I get and got what you are saying about the tapes. My original comment on this was in that other thread where I said they didn’t need an autopsy to charge them with a crime initially. They were always going to do the autopsy.
Someone play devil's advocate:
What does Chauvin's defense lawyer argue?

- Resisted arrest?
- Multiple officers necessary to subdue Floyd?
- Floyd was still talking, therefore airway couldn't have been compromised?
- Pressure was actually on Chauvin's ankle and not on Floyd's neck?
- Pre-existing medical condition was THE factor(s) that led to death?

People best suited to discuss any issue AND win the debate are those who can hold both opposing views simultaneously in their head and advance each.

- Resisted arrest?

People best suited to discuss any issue AND win the debate are those who can hold both opposing views simultaneously in their head and advance each.
He’s going to bring all that up but what HE needs is plausible answers to why it took 8 minutes to radio for a rescue, why did you not follow taught medical procedures like sitting him up and assessing him being a first responder, why didn’t he try to assist by finding another suitable way to hold him down, and then deal with his disciplinary resume which has numerous infractions.

Just digesting all of that with out the full radio calls and official statements makes me think his representation is gonna want to plead fast.

Well documented evidence of racist frats all over youtube and the media. Not to mention the sht that comes out in the news about racist acts in the cities around those universities. Kids don't care as long as the bag ain’t lite. Kids go to pedohile state and people in that town worship a dude and an athletic department that covered up child rape for years.
Think there are any racists in the AA fraternities?

What backflips? Lol at anybody that has any law background thinking that video won’t get suppressed by his legal team and these idiots want that to be the only evidence.
I was a state prosecutor for 12.5 years before my private practice took off. After watching that video. I would not have gone to bed before charging that MF with murder. He wasn’t coming back to life and he was murdered on video in front of the world. There’s no theoretical argument to “suppress” any of the evidence. The autopsy didn’t mean ****, other than confirmed who was dead, to filing the charges in my professional opinion. If any one was scared to file charges after watching that video, they need to step aside and clean the **** off that’s running down their leg onto the ground because they can’t handle the heat. I would have filed it and cursed the murderer at a press conference. If that caused me to be recused, I would have stepped off and let the next dog handle the charge.

Advertisement
I was a state prosecutor for 12.5 years before my private practice took off. After watching that video. I would not have gone to bed before charging that MF with murder. He wasn’t coming back to life and he was murdered on video in front of the world. There’s no theoretical argument to “suppress” any of the evidence. The autopsy didn’t mean ****, other than confirmed who was dead, to filing the charges in my professional opinion. If any one was scared to file charges after watching that video, they need to step aside and clean the **** off that’s running down their leg onto the ground because they can’t handle the heat. I would have filed it and cursed the murderer at a press conference. If that caused me to be recused, I would have stepped off and let the next dog handle the charge.
Then how would’ve your case held up when the autopsy was released with the finding that there was no evidence of asphyxiation? What steps would you have taken? Just curious as I’m still learning...

I’ve already stated in other threads that he met the criteria for AT LEAST negligent homicide.

Then how would’ve your case held up when the autopsy was released with the finding that there was no evidence of asphyxiation? What steps would you have taken? Just curious as I’m still learning...

I’ve already stated in other threads that he met the criteria for AT LEAST negligent homicide.
You amend/add lesser charges and asphyxiate the pompous *** defense attorneys playing their weak *** hand with arrogance.

He’s going to bring all that up but what HE needs is plausible answers to why it took 8 minutes to radio for a rescue, why did you not follow taught medical procedures like sitting him up and assessing him being a first responder, why didn’t he try to assist by finding another suitable way to hold him down, and then deal with his disciplinary resume which has numerous infractions.

Just digesting all of that with out the full radio calls and official statements makes me think his representation is gonna want to plead fast.

Interesting take. Very good.

You amend/add lesser charges and asphyxiate the pompous *** defense attorneys playing their weak *** hand with arrogance.
So would you have went with Murder 3 with 2nd degree manslaughter like the DA did or pursued it differently?

Advertisement
So would you have went with Murder 3 with 2nd degree manslaughter like the DA did or pursued it differently?
That’s a State law question. KY’s and Fl’s statutes differ here in degrees. I would have led with the heaviest charge conceivable and I literally would have filed before I slept. I’m in a rural area and no other government officers would matter here. The D.A. in Minneapolis certainly has other “political” pressure points they are mindful of that may impede their actions from time to time, including here.

Absent a confession of intent from the Chauvin MF, this case could not be more easily established. He’s done and he’s not going to survive 3 years in prison.

That’s a State law question. KY’s and Fl’s statutes differ here in degrees. I would have led with the heaviest charge conceivable and I literally would have filed before I slept. I’m in a rural area and no other government officers would matter here. The D.A. in Minneapolis certainly has other “political” pressure points they are mindful of that may impede their actions from time to time, including here.

Absent a confession of intent from the Chauvin MF, this case could not be more easily established. He’s done and he’s not going to survive 3 years in prison.
Alright then that settles it. I think we can all say that he should’ve been charged within 24 hours but I do wonder what other “Political” pressures they could’ve been confronted with other than the obvious.

- Resisted arrest?

Like clockwork. Their argument is predictable. The decedent was drugged up and resisting arrest. He forced the situation leading to his unfortunate death.

It’s bullshît though.

Advertisement
That is not the issue. The issue is what crime you charge him with?
We had this conversation in another thread. It’s a continuation of that conversation which was centered on whether they needed to wait on an autopsy to charge the cops with a crime.

Like clockwork. Their argument is predictable. The decedent was drugged up and resisting arrest. He forced the situation leading to his unfortunate death.

It’s bullshît though.

So how does it [our system] get fixed?

So how does it [our system] get fixed?
Our system is better than others in the sense that you have protectable rights as a defendant and you can force a crime to be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. The arguments you make are the ones that would, in my opinion, be made in order to raise reasonable doubt.

Did white people go looting when Justine Damond of Minneapolis was shot dead by police officer Mohamed Noor. All she did was call 911 to report an assault and when he and his partner rolled up and rolled down there widows and heard no screams. They called in that the area was clear. She ran out to stop them and Noor shot her down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back