oxbridge scrimmage

Love my drama queens. OL is trash because a DL 9 or 10 deep with studs and the best DL coach in college is making plays. An OL missing 2 starters in Sunny and Linder.

One minute, some drama queen is squawking that the defense is getting killed. Two minutes later, the Nancies start crying that the OL is a trash bag because the D is making plays.

You queens better hope our D is making some plays in these scrimmages, or it might be a tough year.

9 or 10 deep with studs??? Lmao... Our best defensive lineman was advised to return to college because he wouldn't get drafted.

The ignorance is strong here
1. AQM hasnt gotten the playing time in a real defense
2. Willis had to sit a year
3. Norton was the only tackle who could make plays and did it as a true freshman
4. DJack is the type of athlete you want for rushing the QB
5. Chad is uhm... its all there and now its up to him to turn it ion, but he definitely has got that ceiling and the dreaded word "potential"
6. Then we got more athletic freakazoids in Bethel and JJ who will be true freshman

Yeah bud studs and now we got Kool on top of that

Yea, I mean, I agree with all of those things, just not quite sure how that makes them studs.

Advertisement
Kaaya hype
From Susan Miller degnan
.@BradleyKaaya offensive star of the day again: 16 for 21, 232 yards, 3 TDs

Love my drama queens. OL is trash because a DL 9 or 10 deep with studs and the best DL coach in college is making plays. An OL missing 2 starters in Sunny and Linder.

One minute, some drama queen is squawking that the defense is getting killed. Two minutes later, the Nancies start crying that the OL is a trash bag because the D is making plays.

You queens better hope our D is making some plays in these scrimmages, or it might be a tough year.

9 or 10 deep with studs??? Lmao... Our best defensive lineman was advised to return to college because he wouldn't get drafted.

The ignorance is strong here
1. AQM hasnt gotten the playing time in a real defense
2. Willis had to sit a year
3. Norton was the only tackle who could make plays and did it as a true freshman
4. DJack is the type of athlete you want for rushing the QB
5. Chad is uhm... its all there and now its up to him to turn it ion, but he definitely has got that ceiling and the dreaded word "potential"
6. Then we got more athletic freakazoids in Bethel and JJ who will be true freshman

Yeah bud studs and now we got Kool on top of that

Yea, I mean, I agree with all of those things, just not quite sure how that makes them studs.

Fair enough, see it before you believe it. But i think its safe to say that position is the one with the least ?'s

2 things I saw were;
1) Tempo at the practice was as fast as it's ever seen in 40 years of watching.
2) Shaq is going to play ALOT this year. Kid is instinctual as it gets.

2 things I saw were;

I can't believe he's already calling plays

Advertisement
So in the 2 scrimmage games Brad kaaya has 7 tds 418 yards 28-42 with multiple drops from receivers and also some of them being ruled out of bounds.... Excellent so far.

Some of y'all need to relax. I was there. Kaaya is as good as people say. He knows what's going on and is accurate as ****. That's part of the reason the secondary look bad against our O. They lock down the rest of our QBs. They all were under pressure and making bad throws even Rosier. The defense is swarming to the ball. And despite the fact some say he's a bum. Berrios is a good player he got behind Corn Elder for a long gain and the refs ruled it out of bounds. Might have been overturned on a replay. Cager is also a player whom I think will step up. Like Richt says tho, we badly need speed at the position.

It was just awesome again to see our DL in the backfield. D Jack, AQM and Chad were all putting on pressure on the QB. And Norton is a force, so is Willis inside.

Oh one more thing. If I was Richt, I'd throw the ball to Coley and Njoku. Those two are on another level. Cager will be a serviceable number two. Hopefully Richards and Bruce come in and become impact players. Malcolm Lewis, Langham etc. Sorry to say they are not cane material. And we are in trouble if the first two miss significant time if we get nothing from the frosh

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Was not there, but sounds like a lot of good things on both sides of the ball. As far as the RBs, going to be a battle for PT and my guess is RB by committee. DL is fierce outside, and doing the things you need inside. When is the last time we had a real 2 deep at every DL position, we do right now. Richt needs to recruit lights out, because this team will make a run at the top 5 in 2017. This year we just aren't going to have what you need to make that top 10 run. Solid top 20 team.

Advertisement
2 things
I saw were;

I can't believe he's already calling plays

Surprised the **** out of me as well! Very impressive for a True Freshman

Haven't looked forward to a recruit like this since Duke. Kid is going to be a great one

Thanks for the updates people.

It sounds like the major criticisms from people outside the program are lack of depth at WR, OL, and CB. The good news is we have really good, or at least solid starters at those positions. If we stay healthy, this team can be the best team we've had since 2005.

On a side note, do people seriously expect the DB's to be good going up against Kaaya? Kaaya is a consensus top-10 pick in 2017 mock drafts, and either him or Watson will go #1 overall

Advertisement
Kaaya hype
From Susan Miller degnan
.@BradleyKaaya offensive star of the day again: 16 for 21, 232 yards, 3 TDs

I don't know about you guys, but I think this Bradley Kaaya kid might be good for us.

Think about what Brad's been able to accomplish under the almost-a-scheme of the ringling brothers Barnum and Bailey...I mean, Golden and Coley.

Last edited:
Returning like 17-18 starters with a weaker schedule better staff should win more than 8.

Golden would win 8 with this team. anything less then 9-10 wins is a joke . I predict 11-12 wins and a loss in ACCTG

I'd also expect at least 10 wins, but the ACC really screwed us by making us play at VT on a short week. Have to think that will end up being a loss. And given that VT plays Syracuse and BC in the Atlantic, they probably end up in the title game.

Advertisement
I think we'll be thanking our lucky stars for Richards early on this season, and there's a good chance of Mullins or Bruce making a splash, too. Coley and Njoku are proven targets, beasts who still have untapped potential. I think we'll be fine at WR.

I think Corn and Redwine will prove very reliable this year. Behind them, though...I'm hopeful the staff can cobble together a decent nickel + second string with Young, Jackson, J. Johnson and maybe, maybe, maybe Mayes.

We've got some talent on that OL, but it's pretty patchy and unreliable. Since we won't be rotating so god**** much under Richt/Searles, though, I'm hopeful it won't be as big as a problem as we fear.

Can someone who was there comment on Gus the Bus? Can't wait until next week.

Didn't stick out. Good or bad.
I think our most talented back is Gray, but obviously he has issues. There is a reason why he doesn't start, but he is definitely the most explosive of all our backs.

Didn't stick out. Good or bad.
I think our most talented back is Gray, but obviously he has issues. There is a reason why he doesn't start, but he is definitely the most explosive of all our backs.

Explosive maybe but not even close to the most talented... He's probably the most overrated player on the team by fans. He's done nothing to warrant this hype.

Advertisement
Back