oxbridge scrimmage

Advertisement
Defense is getting abused

I would assume that if this is the case it's because we have one of the top offensive minds in the game calling the plays. It's a welcome sign IMO. Look around the country and you'll see that it is common for some of the better teams in the country to have gaudy numbers in their spring scrimmages.

Twitter updates suggesting Yearby had another fumble today.

Can anybody at the scrimmage give their impressions of the battle for RB?

Reading updates ... Seems Walton is leading for the 1 spot, with Yearby, Gus, and Gray competing for the 2 and 3 spots ...

What are y'all, actually in attendance, seeing??

TIA

Advertisement
Nothing really new it seems. Kaaya, WR/TE, and DL group look good while the OL and DBs suck.

Defense is getting abused

I would assume that if this is the case it's because we have one of the top offensive minds in the game calling the plays. It's a welcome sign IMO. Look around the country and you'll see that it is common for some of the better teams in the country to have gaudy numbers in their spring scrimmages.

Not according to what the head coach says and iagree with him. I have noidea though i have an opinion like everyone else even if its not the popular opinion. I always thought its a tough job for anyone to turn this around so ill be patient and if it turns faster than i expect thats evenbetter

Reading updates ... Seems Walton is leading for the 1 spot, with Yearby, Gus, and Gray competing for the 2 and 3 spots ...

TIA

Yearby hasn't gotten many snaps, Gray getting the most and making plays. Just got a pick six.....think it was Redwine. #20

Advertisement
So if the DL, all highly-ranked, and now with one of the best DL coaches in the country, is playing well, that now means the OL is trash? They're supposed to be ahead right now, and this is exactly what everyone should want to see.

Plenty of plays have been made on both sides of the ball if you actually read updates from people there. Chad, who most of written off, and the rest of the D line have been getting after it. Lots of sacks. Cue o line sucks crowd now. Kaaya has been doing his thing, as expected. Need Coley to get healthy soon. We will need him for all 12+ games this year.

Advertisement

TIA

Yearby hasn't gotten many snaps, Gray getting the most and making plays. Just got a pick six.....think it was Redwine. [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=20]#20 [/URL]

Thanks! Glad to hear Gray is making the most of his chances. To me, he's the guy who has the chance to be what so many think Gus should be.

I think Redwine is #22 . #20 is Henley, right???

If you guys expected miracles in a couple months with the o line, then you aren't basing that in reality. Besides the fact that they need to unlearn everything they've learned and are basically starting from scratch, they need to reshape their bodies and get in much better shape. Plus, they really just wasn't very good last year. I expect to see some improvement in spring game and into the fall but it's not going to be done overnight. Searles has toughest job IMO.

TIA

Yearby hasn't gotten many snaps, Gray getting the most and making plays. Just got a pick six.....think it was Redwine. [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=20]#20 [/URL]

Thanks! Glad to hear Gray is making the most of his chances. To me, he's the guy who has the chance to be what so many think Gus should be.

I think Redwine is #22 . #20 is Henley, right???

From the Twitter update, I think it's Knowles

Advertisement
Knowles, another player written off by some as a true fr, is #20 . He's had a good amount of picks this spring. Henley is #21 .

Advertisement
Back