Overall Impressions of the team right now

Corpses would be an improvement over last years secondary.
f
This group will be better....period.

Advertisement
Jacory Harris was god awful. His TD/TO ratio was good, but he limited our offense in so many ways that there is zero chance Morris isn't an upgrade. I've seen 5th grade QBs execute play action better than Jacory.

As it is right now, my target for this team is 8 wins. A lot of fans don't realize how difficult this schedule is. There are only 2 gimme games with Duke and Bethune-Cookman. Traveling to Manhattan for Kansas State and Chicago for ND are both difficult games. The two hardest conference games, VT and FSU are at home so those should balance out. This team will show flashes of brilliance and also inexperience. They will probably win a couple games they shouldn't on paper, and lose a couple that they shouldn't. Overall, it will be fun to see a lot of these young guys develop and make plays.

Great write-up but that part is where I disagree....

1. Even if we are sorry enough to lose to Bethune, we will never lose again to GaTech and that weak triple option.

2. North Carolina is breaking in there new head coach and a brand new offense. That spells automatic win for me.

3. Va Tech only beat us by three @ Blacksburg w/ the best talent that Tech has ever had statistically on offense. This year they no longer have David Wilson and Jarrett Boykin and are severely lacking talent on the offensive side of the ball.

4. USF played us to a stalemate last year.... we are miles better defensively and offensively this year.

All in all I think Miami has 6 definite wins automatically this year.... I think we are more likely to win than lose against BC and NcState. Which will give us 8 wins. Toss-ups will be against KSU and Virginia. Which leaves Notre Dame and FSU as the games we are more likely to lose. Wishful thinking to most but I think I'm going to win a lot of money betting on Miami this year.

This team is too hard to handicap right now due to the amount of unknowns from personnel that have limited or no action in a college game. I expect a much more disciplined, stronger, and mentally tougher team (mentally tougher from a pride standpoint). I also expect a very inconsistent team due to a simple lack of experience. 8-9 wins would be a big success this year just from the way things look now, 7-5 would be my safe prediction. I will say this much though, if every level of this defense isn't better than last year then that will be a major disappointment. Push all the stats your want about scoring d but for Miami standards, that was the biggest ****show I've ever witnessed as a canes fan.

As it is right now, my target for this team is 8 wins. A lot of fans don't realize how difficult this schedule is. There are only 2 gimme games with Duke and Bethune-Cookman. Traveling to Manhattan for Kansas State and Chicago for ND are both difficult games. The two hardest conference games, VT and FSU are at home so those should balance out. This team will show flashes of brilliance and also inexperience. They will probably win a couple games they shouldn't on paper, and lose a couple that they shouldn't. Overall, it will be fun to see a lot of these young guys develop and make plays.

1. Even if we are sorry enough to lose to Bethune, we will never lose again to GaTech and that weak triple option.

2. North Carolina is breaking in there new head coach and a brand new offense. That spells automatic win for me.

3. Va Tech only beat us by three @ Blacksburg w/ the best talent that Tech has ever had statistically on offense. This year they no longer have David Wilson and Jarrett Boykin and are severely lacking talent on the offensive side of the ball.

4. USF played us to a stalemate last year.... we are miles better defensively and offensively this year.

All in all I think Miami has 6 definite wins automatically this year.... I think we are more likely to win than lose against BC and NcState. Which will give us 8 wins. Toss-ups will be against KSU and Virginia. Which leaves Notre Dame and FSU as the games we are more likely to lose. Wishful thinking to most but I think I'm going to win a lot of money betting on Miami this year.

I'm also optimistic and you may win money betting on the U, but don't ever say VT is an auto victory

Advertisement
Also I like how Pete discussed the LBers without mentioning Paul or Gaines. Pretty sure both started the spring game, shows u the depth we have at tht position.
Not sure I like the practice reports were getting on porter, really thought he would be one of the better players on te team this year, hope he gets his **** together b4 Bc

LULZ @ definite, automatic wins.

Bethune and Duke is all I got.

How about we beat Virginia for a change before we start talking about automatic wins?

thanks beat. anything more than 7 wins will be overachieving IMO.

This. Lots of positive stuff has been said about training camp and I do believe we're going in the right direction. However, there will be inexperienced players who will have to contribute and that means, barring a miracle, lots of mistakes and blown assignments. It will be good experience though for the youngsters to get some playing time, but we can't expect to win every game right away. There will be setbacks I believe. Youth also means inconsistency, so we might have great games and stretches of games where we look like contenders, but there also will be times where we look awful. Part of the growing pains of being recovering from the Shantard-Coker era.

Nothing like preseason optimism, some of you should really go back and watch our games from last season. Then look at all the players we lost. This year is going to be rough.

Advertisement
As always pete good write up and info. Really looking forward to the season opener. I believe that the major factor which will determine W/L record will be how much mental errors these freshman make due to inexperience. If they are low I think we can easily get to the 7/8 win stage. That would be a major accomplishment IMO. Cherry on top would be to beat ND, VT and FSU.

Go Canes!!!!

[]_[] swag;716693 said:

I'm also optimistic and you may win money betting on the U, but don't ever say VT is an auto victory

Yeah I know thats a "controversial" thing to say.... but I think this year VaTech is going to take a dive. Quality coaching can only take you so far just like talent. You need both at some point and this year is when we will see what I mean. Miami's talent is finally being over matched by our coaching which will pay dividends against games against Tech. IMO Virginia (UVa) will be the team to beat this year to get out of the Coastal.

I'm excited, but I've decided to just sit back, root for my Canes and let the season unfold. I trust in what Golden is doing and I understand it. I like how he is restocking the shelves and we're keeping kids home. As for what to expect this season, it truly is a crap shoot and I'm DONE getting worked up only to be disappointed.

Looking forward to 9/1/12.

I'm excited, but I've decided to just sit back, root for my Canes and let the season unfold. I trust in what Golden is doing and I understand it. I like how he is restocking the shelves and we're keeping kids home. As for what to expect this season, it truly is a crap shoot and I'm DONE getting worked up only to be disappointed.

I say this also, then I watch some pump up videos and I punch holes in the walls and do the Oklahoma Drill with my living room couch.

I can't help it.

Advertisement

I say this also, then I watch some pump up videos and I punch holes in the walls and do the Oklahoma Drill with my living room couch.

I can't help it.

I know those feelings as well. We'll dominate BC and then I'll loudly proclaim to all my ****** FSU & gaytor friends that we're back and then, well, you know how that story has gone for the last 6-7 years.

LULZ @ definite, automatic wins.

Bethune and Duke is all I got.

How about we beat Virginia for a change before we start talking about automatic wins?

+1 Have you guys watched any canes games the last 3-4 seasons? We should know by now that we've lost several "automatic" wins the past few seasons. Virginia, Boston College, South Florida, Maryland, etc.....

These are no longer automatic wins. I'm fully confident only about the Bethune Cookman game. Every other game i'll just wait and see what product we have on the field.

Advertisement
I would seriously give a ******** to beat FSU this year. Living in Tallahassee is painful enough, even more so with the constant yahoo smear campaign and crap. I had a friend ask me what I thought about having UM drop their program due to the death penalty. It was just a week ago, and she was being serious.

Overall, I'm just ready for some 'Canes football.

Advertisement
Back