Overall Impressions of the team right now

if we win out will we go to the NC??? I really think its our year!

/takes off orange and green glasses

Id be happy with 7 wins, shocked with 8

BCC is the only automatic, even Duke aint a gimme...

I dont know about all that..... but I see Miami winning the Coastal and playing for the ACC championship this year. BOOM!

Advertisement
I have to agree that the only guaranteed wins are Bethune Cookman and possibly Duke. However, this team can also beat anyone on the schedule. The talent is there, but it's inexperienced, and with little depth. We'll lose some we shouldn't, and win some that no one thinks we have any business winning. It wouldn't surprise me at all to actually see us lose to Duke, but to also beat FSU or VT. It's going to be that kind of a year, with lots of ups and downs, and growing pains.

Advertisement
I ignore anyone who tries to hype our RB and WR situation as better than last year. it is laughable at this point.

it is possible that this group ends up being better than last year, but at this point there is no reason to expect it

^ I hate Georgia Tech as much as anyone (and feel they are vastly overrated by their fanbase every year) but in no way are they an automatic win. The OP is 100% correct with his assertion that BCC and Duke are the only automatic wins on the schedule.

Georgia Tech has 15 senior starters.

Not only is it not an automatic win, but Tech will be favored by more than a TD

I am not at all optimistic about this Miami team. But I will bet you a grand right now that GT and that leather helmet offense isn't favored by more than a TD in that game.

^ I hate Georgia Tech as much as anyone (and feel they are vastly overrated by their fanbase every year) but in no way are they an automatic win. The OP is 100% correct with his assertion that BCC and Duke are the only automatic wins on the schedule.

Georgia Tech has 15 senior starters.

Not only is it not an automatic win, but Tech will be favored by more than a TD

I am not at all optimistic about this Miami team. But I will bet you a grand right now that GT and that leather helmet offense isn't favored by more than a TD in that game.

Let's review.

Ga Tech is probably going to be 3-0 or 2-1. Miami will be 1-2 or 2-1. The game is in Atlanta, which is worth 3.5 points, and Tech is probably 4 points better, which makes it a 7.5-point spread.

I ignore anyone who tries to hype our RB and WR situation as better than last year. it is laughable at this point.

it is possible that this group ends up being better than last year, but at this point there is no reason to expect it

- I "ignore" anyone who constantly has an issue with people believing that this Miami team can be better than last year's Miami team.

- I think "at this point" there is reason to expect that our Receiving Corp and our Running back unit could end up better than last year....

As far as WRs:

1. Allen Hurns was just a sophomore for 1.

2. Dorsett was just a true freshman for 1.

3. Stephen Morris has a stronger Arm for 1.

4. Second year under Off. Coordinator for 1.

5. TEs are going to be better for 1.

As far as RBs:

1. More able group of Running Backs for 1.

2. Mike James is healthy for 1.

3. UTough has made everybody tougher, stronger, and more conditioned for 1.

4. Eduardo Clements and Duke Johnson for 1.

5. O-line is much better than last year for 1.

Advertisement

why is everyone still hyping up 4th-6th rounders?

Why do people keep calling it the Oklahoma drill?

If you're thinking about the drill where two players are battling it out that's called the Sumo drill. That's the one Golden has them doing in all those videos.

The Oklahoma drill is another drill... you've got FOUR players involved. An offensive lineman and a defensive lineman square off between two cones five yards apart. A running back has the ball behind the offensive lineman, and a linebacker is stationed behind the defensive lineman. The running back must read the block of his offensive lineman and then try to get by or through the linebacker.

Sumo Drill = TWO players

Oklahoma Drill = Four players

Anyway, carry on.

I'm excited, but I've decided to just sit back, root for my Canes and let the season unfold. I trust in what Golden is doing and I understand it. I like how he is restocking the shelves and we're keeping kids home. As for what to expect this season, it truly is a crap shoot and I'm DONE getting worked up only to be disappointed.

Looking forward to 9/1/12.

I say this also, then I watch some pump up videos and I punch holes in the walls and do the Oklahoma Drill with my living room couch.

I can't help it.

The ottoman and the recliner are involved. Its complicated.

Advertisement

So its OK to hype up kids who have never played a snap as being better than kids that were just drafted to play professionally?

I've commented numerous times that Streeter and Miller were far from world beaters but facts are they were two of the more productive players of the last few years last season.

This is probably the most cloudy preseason I can remember. So much raw talent but a terrifying lack of upperclassmen leadership.

How can you be sure of this?

New starters at LT, LG, C, and RT and they're all of a suddenly much better than last year? And don't give me the UTough routine here.

Advertisement

How can you be sure of this?

New starters at LT, LG, C, and RT and they're all of a suddenly much better than last year? And don't give me the UTough routine here.

Well mostly b/c every starter on the O-line outside of Flowers, has been in the system longer than the guys that were there last year.

These guys have always had talent but you can't expect freshman and sophomores to get the job done. These guys are now in that upperclassmen stage of there college football careers and that is the biggest thing of all.

Although you don't want me to mention the UTough workouts.... the fact is that this is the second year of the program and this year is when we have already seen physical changes in how these guys look. The O-line doesn't look sloppy anymore, they look stout and Strong... which can only benefit there play on the field.

I think they are going to be better in the middle b/c Feliciano, McDermott, and Liner have more experience.

I think the outside will be better if Henderson can get on the field.

Bunche might not be an all-star talent yet b/c he is still young, but I think he can be more consistent that Washington was at the LT position last year. He is a more natural tackle so that should already make a big difference.

Just my opinion though....

I'm excited, but I've decided to just sit back, root for my Canes and let the season unfold. I trust in what Golden is doing and I understand it. I like how he is restocking the shelves and we're keeping kids home. As for what to expect this season, it truly is a crap shoot and I'm DONE getting worked up only to be disappointed.

Looking forward to 9/1/12.

So its OK to hype up kids who have never played a snap as being better than kids that were just drafted to play professionally?

I've commented numerous times that Streeter and Miller were far from world beaters but facts are they were two of the more productive players of the last few years last season.

This is probably the most cloudy preseason I can remember. So much raw talent but a terrifying lack of upperclassmen leadership.

I could have sworn I saw Mike James, Eduardo Clements, Phillip Dorsett and Hurns take snaps last season.

And don't give me the that BS about not hyping kids that never played a snap. They hype around Miller before he played a down was through the roof.
Players get replaced. It's nothing new. Especially players the NFL deemed 4th and 6th rounders.
I've been around this game long enough to know what players can be replaced and which can't. Miller, Streeter and Benjamin can be replaced.

Advertisement
Back