Outside the box coaching candidates?

Mario, Stoops, Schiano, O'brien, Kiffin, Pittman and Fickell all say no. Now name 5 candidates who you'd like to see us go after.
Mario, Stoops, Kiffin, Fickell say no (I don't want BOB nor Schiano).

I'm going with Freeze and Napier next two and maybe Hafley. I'm not sold on Herman even if I understand why he could be a possible candidate.

Advertisement
Josh McDaniels, long time OC for the NE Patriots. Had a HC stint with the Denver Broncos before going back to NE, and was able to tailor an offense for Tim Tebow after drafting him while at Denver. Coached up Cam Newton and now Mac Jones. He is 45 years old so at a good age imo.

Last edited:
Coach Kilmer....very intense....not a players coach....very familiar with Texas....not a good guy.....doesn't care about concussion protocols....literally walked away at halftime from his last job....might be retired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Doug Peterson would be very intriguing if he was all in on returning to college football. Recruiting is a grind and the head coach needs to be all in. I hate the idea of nfl coordinators. Need head coaching experience and preferably some college head coaching experience in a power 5 program.

I think Doug Peterson would be very intriguing if he was all in on returning to college football. Recruiting is a grind and the head coach needs to be all in. I hate the idea of nfl coordinators. Need head coaching experience and preferably some college head coaching experience in a power 5 program.
Returning to college football? He's never coached in college.

Advertisement
Bienemy (not much of an outside candidate, haven’t seen him mentioned tho)

Daboll

Joe Brady

Kellen Moore

Demeco Ryan’s

Leftwich

Advertisement
It's a crap shoot. For you non old timers lots of fans hated the Jimmy Johnson hire-----until he won big.

Football is weird. Think how NFL spends millions scouting folks, running combines, etc and the draft is amazingly unreliable.

There are many paths one can point to that have worked. And lots more failures.

If I had to pick, I'd stay away from folks without hc experience. It's just a different job than coordinator. Probably try to grab somebody who has been successful at a school a notch below where we should be.

Fickell may think he's got a better shot to win at cincy than here, but his buyout is only like $ 3.5.

FB530DA5-0C70-4F39-8DE1-4546F980E00E.jpeg

Hey Y’all! Someone looking for me ?

Attachments

• B98B34FD-906B-4696-AD74-9D774D1C6A7C.jpeg
    B98B34FD-906B-4696-AD74-9D774D1C6A7C.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back