Outside the box coaching candidates?

Jenna is way past her prime. She can’t grind like she used to, the recruiting edge is lost.

Fair. Last I saw her she was trying to salvage things with some plastic surgery and looked rough. Funny story, when I was in my dumber days I had a "Got Jenna" shirt and wore it proudly. A nice couple stopped me in the store one day and asked where I got it because their daughter's name was Jenna and they wanted to get her one. I told them to visit clubjenna.com and got a good chuckle thinking about their reaction when they got home

Advertisement
Advertisement
deez nuts GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kellen Moore is actually intriguing. Bill clark is the guy we likely go with lol
Say what you want about Clark, he'd be a solid hire. He is similar to Clausen in that they won't win the press conference, but they are builders that get the most out of the talent they have available. Plus, odds are you won't have to pay him Saban/Dabo money to get him to sign on, unlike Mario.

Then again, the BOT is just interested in winning the press conference right now, just to shut the fans up so they'll make a flashy hire that sounds good but lacks substance. That's Miami football, that's how Manny Diaz was able to get the job in the first place. He's a good bull**** artist. Clark isn't a bull**** artist, and that's probably why he wouldn't get the job.

Mario, Stoops, Schiano, O'brien, Kiffin, Pittman and Fickell all say no. Now name 5 candidates who you'd like to see us go after.

I'll take the bait.

What if I told you there was an available coach who was a NFL HC for several years and led a team to the playoffs, who also happened to engineer the greatest one season turnaround in the history of the NCAA, and was Sporting News College Football Coach of the Year, American Football Coach/Schutt Sports National COY, CNN/Sports Illustrated National Coach of the Year, was Coach of the Year of his conference three times, designed one of the most prolific offenses in cfb AND would cost virtually nothing...

Thats right
June Motherf#ckin' Jones

You want out of the box thinking? Miami should go old school. I mean really old school. Go out and hire a super staff of senior citizen legend coaches that are still in the game that would like nothing better than to show these young punks that they have forgotten more football than jokers like Diaz will ever know. June Jones. Butch Davis. Dennis Erickson (is he still coaching? I think he is somewhere). Bring in all the old timers. It couldn't be worse than what we have now. I call them "The Canes who need canes"

Advertisement
Go after NFL coaches that may be tired of their situations:

1. Sean Payton - makes $9M a year and can't be psyched about Jameis as his QB
2. Mike Zimmer - makes $4M and always on hot seat in Minnesota. Hard ***, defensive coach, makes playoffs with mediocre talent.
3. Doug Pederson - was making $4M for Eagles. Somehow won SB with below avg talent. Would be OC too.
4. Kyle Shanahan - signed extension paying $3.5M a year. Has **** QBs. Would be OC too.

Ridiculous how we could offer $5M a year a give 3 of the 4 guys pay raises on top of no state income tax in FL.

Almost as important would be the coaching trees they have access to for bringing on quality assistants .... one of the many problems Manny has had is as a new coach he gets low budget assistants.
As a Vikings fan I’d rather have Diaz than Zimmer.

Advertisement
Back