Outside the box coaching candidates?

I actually like that idea. I mean Ed O has remained mostly average in the toughest division (and conference) in college football during his tenure at LSU. His team IS NOT going to be soft, mentally or physically. He will be highly motivated, practices will be INTENSE and guys will learn to tackle, and he instantly goes from the toughest division in the toughest conference to a division that should can be had and really a conference that can be had as well with Clemson showing chinks in the armor.

Guys would be ****ED but I believe not only would he be a safe pick that can get us the annual 10 wins but also he's a smart pick. If we're staying away from G5, staying away from 1st time HCs....IMO Orgeron is just as good as a pickup as a guy like Stoops. Guarantee that Stoops record at LSU would be similar to Coach O's in the same amount of time w/o a Natty on the resume (I know it Joe Brady's O that took them there, but Orgeron recruited Burrow as a transfer/Jamar Chase/Jefferson/Clyde/ and all those nasty defenders on the squad.....so credit to Joe Brady but Ed O brought him there so AT LEAST a little credit has to go to him for that run they made)
UM wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole....

Advertisement
If Mike was to EVER leave he would get another Job right away!! Byron goes give me NFL vibes but hey you never know.
Agreed. I think if we start looking toward the NFL then you absolutely send at least a feeler his way.

As far as Tomlin, I'm a Steelers fan that has nothing but love for the guy so I have no desire for him to leave. I do think that he's in a smallish group of NFL head coaches that would kill it in certain college settings if they decided to ever go that route. There were dumb rumors about him and Texas a few years ago. Wouldn't have liked that fit so much but a place like USC would absolutely work.

I was going to dislike ur post....but that would make me seemingly say ur wrong when ur not wrong

I just want you to be wrong in the worse way....why us??? smh every other team gets to have nice things but us smh
Jordan Orlovsky's resume would command a salary less than most South Florida high school coaches leading even remotely competitive teams. I love McCarthy but that suggestion is somehow even more insane than giving Manny an extension.

Advertisement
I actually like that idea. I mean Ed O has remained mostly average in the toughest division (and conference) in college football during his tenure at LSU. His team IS NOT going to be soft, mentally or physically. He will be highly motivated, practices will be INTENSE and guys will learn to tackle, and he instantly goes from the toughest division in the toughest conference to a division that should can be had and really a conference that can be had as well with Clemson showing chinks in the armor.

Guys would be ****ED but I believe not only would he be a safe pick that can get us the annual 10 wins but also he's a smart pick. If we're staying away from G5, staying away from 1st time HCs....IMO Orgeron is just as good as a pickup as a guy like Stoops. Guarantee that Stoops record at LSU would be similar to Coach O's in the same amount of time w/o a Natty on the resume (I know it Joe Brady's O that took them there, but Orgeron recruited Burrow as a transfer/Jamar Chase/Jefferson/Clyde/ and all those nasty defenders on the squad.....so credit to Joe Brady but Ed O brought him there so AT LEAST a little credit has to go to him for that run they made)
I guess some of you forgot or are not aware of Coach O and his history at Miami...
Would not even be thought of, put it that way

Advertisement
Jordan Orlovsky has the attention of Miami's brass. I will leave it at that.
christmas vacation GIF

Now were looking at LB coaches from Albany? This better be a joke and he is only being considered for a "keeper of the chain" position like Joel has.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back