Out-of-state DB offers

You're reaching with "pretty similar"...given the whole inch and a half difference. You also listed UNO. So yeah.

Not flaming you though, I know the kid doesn't mind playing physical and I remember his early tape blocking kicks and what not. I just think his position his pretty clear. And wouldn't mind him as a cane at all. I'll gladly digress and tip the cap if safety ends up being his position, just don't understand the cult like following he has has at the safety position.

With Tennison already in the fold, and a chance Francois plays safety, I think if we take another, there are better options than Restrepo. I think/hope hey go all in for Hanna, although he may be more Anthony Solomon with and end up at striker, or if really puts the weight on, a WLB. That kid has some of the best film I've seen as a box safety or striker. Gimme the Toombs kid that was posted here from Immokalee if you wanna play Francois at corner.

Also do you have a link to all opening numbers?
Restrepo is 10 times the Safety prospect Hanna is.

Please compare their film.

Restrepo's Soph and Fr Highlights (where he plays both offense and defense):

Hanna's Jr Highlights:

The only reason we are even mentioning Hanna is to try to recruit his 2 CB teammates for 2021 (Corey Collier & Jason Marshal).

IMO Hanna is 100% not a take, and I just want Restrepo in orange and green (WR or S).

Just figured since it is a historically weak DB class down here, taking Restrepo as an ATH to play either S or WR could free up another ship for an elite WR since this is a historically stacked class for top end WRs.

Advertisement
Restrepo is 10 times the Safety prospect Hanna is.

Please compare their film

IMO you are dead wrong...I've watched Hanna's tape plenty but thanks for posting.

Hanna tape is ridiculous...He's laying that hat like a LB and then turning and running with receivers like a corner. And obv the length is there, long arms.

I can see why he walked into the building on junior day and was of one of 6 players out of what? 50-60? To leave with an offer that day. (obv others had an offer already). But 6 got offered that day and he was one of them.

Now granted his best position may be striker, but he can play box safety too... film is off the chart imo...He plays in space excellent for a lanky kid. Not only does he give knockout shots, but he is technically sound too....He gets his guy on the ground no matter what. Complete eraser.

Agreee to disagree, kid is an animal imo...Reminds me of Billy Gibson with actual hips.

IMO Hanna is 100% not a take

I couldn't disagree more, one of the top must-gets for UM locally imo, especially in Diaz system.

Last edited:
IMO you are dead wrong...I've watched Hanna's tape plenty but thanks for posting.

Hanna tape is ridiculous...He's laying that hat like a LB and then turning and running with receivers like a corner. And obv the length is there, long arms.

I can see why he walked into the building on junior day and was of one of 6 players out of what? 50-60? To leave with an offer that day. (obv others had an offer already). But 6 got offered that day and he was one of them.

Now granted his best position may be striker, but he can play box safety too... film is off the chart imo...He plays in space excellent for a lanky kid. Not only does he give knockout shots, but he is technically sound too....He gets his guy on the ground no matter what. Complete eraser.

Agreee to disagree, kid is an animal imo...Reminds me of Billy Gibson with actual hips.

I couldn't disagree more, one of the top must-gets for UM locally imo, especially in Diaz system.
You must be watching some other highlights than the ones I just posted, b/c those were extremely underwhelming.

Where was he laying a hat like a LB?

Most of his tackles are dragging guys down, no explosion through his hits.

He also is playing LB in those clips and who knows if he can play Safety at a high level?

That Fr and Soph film for Restrepo IMO takes a huge **** on Hanna's Jr film, and it isn't close.

Last edited:
You must be watching some other highlights than the ones I just posted, b/c those were extremely underwhelming.

Where was he laying a hat like a LB?

Most of his tackles are dragging guys down, no explosion through his hits.

He also is playing LB in those clips and who knows if he can play Safety at a high level.

That Fr and Soph film for Restrepo IMO takes a huge **** on Hanna's Jr film, and it isn't close.

Nope, I don't mind Restrepo either, in fact I want the kid in this class...Hanna is a beast though.

Agree to disagree is all...Like I said there was a reason he was insta-offered when he walked into Junior Day. And they didn't offer many that day. Kid is so versatile. Can use him so many ways, not often a lanky kid is that good in space.

As for where he's laying hat? 1:35 for instance.

Also, check the play at 3:45. Kid takes on a FB like he's 220 bounces off and erases the ball career (now the FB doesn't look big but neither is Hanna). Awesome stuff. Kid is fierce.

Last edited:
Nope, I don't mind Restrepo either, in fact I want the kid in this class...Hanna is a beast though.

Agree to disagree is all...Like I said there was a reason he was insta-offered when he walked into Junior Day. And they didn't offer many that day. Kid is so versatile. Can use him so many ways, not often a lanky kid is that good in space.

Cool, Restrepo had his offer after his Soph season...

The only reason we want Hanna is to try to get his two 5star CB teammates for 2021.

So it makes 100% sense that he would get an offer after showing up with those 2 who already have offers.

Advertisement
The only reason we want Hanna is to try to get his two 5star CB teammates for 2021.

Yeah I doubt that...Other Palmetto kids were there and didn't get offered. Maybe you're right though. My point is they weren't randomly handing them out cheaply that day...There weren't token offers given that day. For instance Brantley got his and committed. And other decent prospects flat out said they didn't get em... I love the kid's tape. Let's move on on that front.

Also can Restrepo commit to UM today? I'm not clear on this...Or does his offer depend on Jones-Bell? Where is he at on the slot board compared to McDougal for instance? I don't think it's crystal clear the new staff would take him right now. His only other recent visit is Kentucky...The Georgia "offer" appears to be that token GA offer they throw everyone in Florida with a pulse. I would certainly like him at UM, I'm a fan of his.

Hanna is lot a take for me either. I’m gonna have to agree with dude. Not very good.

Hanna is lot a take for me either. I’m gonna have to agree with dude. Not very good.

Complete animal. Eraser...6'0 rangy, long-armed kid like that playing in space is rare. Especially when you fill gaps like he does. No brainer for me at either safety or striker.

Complete animal. Eraser...6'0 rangy, long-armed kid like that playing in space is rare. Especially when you fill gaps like he does. No brainer for me at either safety or striker.
6'0 is not tall for a LB, which is what he plays.

And IMO we can do much better at LB than Hanna.

Even at Striker too.

I hate projecting kids to positions that they never play in HS (Hanna to play Safety).

Like when we constantly try to turn HS rush ends into true LBs and it has yet to work out for us (MRob, McCords, McCray, Mike Smith, Wilder now Joyner and Sam Brooks).

Their HS coaches do them a disservice by not getting them reps at their "future position" just so they can keep them rushing the passer.

Brooks for instance should have definitely played a lot more LB this season with everyone knowing that is the position every school was recruiting him to play in college, but his coaches needed his pass rushing ability on the edge, and prolonged his development at LB.

Just look how long it took Mike Smith to be able to see the field as a back up LB after being a terror off the edge in HS.

Joyner saw some garbage time at LB and held his own, so we will see how he develops.

Advertisement
I hate projecting kids to positions that they never play in HS (Hanna to play Safety).

I don't mind it. And Diaz defense seems to have more room in in for "tweeners" He loves versatility.

I agree in some cases with the edge rushers though...I wasn't high on Mike Smith to begin with.

I have to say I'm not excited by Hanna's film either. I see a mostly a grab-and-drag tackler (but he does bring the wood at 1:35, 2:15, 6:50, and 11:50, a special teams blindside) who seems to most frequently be playing OLB near the LOS. He looks his best weaving between blockers while moving downfield diagonally, or when he's blitzing from the outside. And he just doesn't seem big enough to consistently fill gaps head-on.

In coverage, to my eye, he looks like a guy who needs a lot of help. The only thing he seems comfortable covering is 9 routes when he's 7 yards off the LOS. Lots of grabbing when WRs break on their routes (See 9:55). Some gangly looking kid beat him with an inside-out move so bad @4:15 that he grabs him and throws him to the ground in what should have been called a holding penalty. Gets turned around by another kid running a post at 12:10. All sorts of problems in coverage.

Meanwhile, Restrepo nearly kills a kid within the first 45 seconds of his Sophomore film. Shows soft hands and the ability to read the QB's eyes 10 seconds later (for pick six). Picks off a deep pass with one hand at 1:50. Man's up another dude for a pick 20 seconds later. Brings the wood again at about 3:00. Jumps another route for a pick at 4:50. And it goes on and on... and about half of the plays in between are on offense and special teams (where he's also showing out). And we also happen to know Restrepo tests great with a 100+ SPARQ.

In my opinion, Restrepo is a take at WR or S. Hanna is not a take at S or OLB. And it's not close.

I have to say I'm not excited by Hanna's film either. I see a mostly a grab-and-drag tackler (but he does bring the wood at 1:35, 2:15, 6:50, and 11:50, a special teams blindside) who seems to most frequently be playing OLB near the LOS. He looks his best weaving between blockers while moving downfield diagonally, or when he's blitzing from the outside. And he just doesn't seem big enough to consistently fill gaps head-on.

In coverage, to my eye, he looks like a guy who needs a lot of help. The only thing he seems comfortable covering is 9 routes when he's 7 yards off the LOS. Lots of grabbing when WRs break on their routes (See 9:55). Some gangly looking kid beat him with an inside-out move so bad @4:15 that he grabs him and throws him to the ground in what should have been called a holding penalty. Gets turned around by another kid running a post at 12:10. All sorts of problems in coverage.

Meanwhile, Restrepo nearly kills a kid within the first 45 seconds of his Sophomore film. Shows soft hands and the ability to read the QB's eyes 10 seconds later (for pick six). Picks off a deep pass with one hand at 1:50. Man's up another dude for a pick 20 seconds later. Brings the wood again at about 3:00. Jumps another route for a pick at 4:50. And it goes on and on... and about half of the plays in between are on offense and special teams (where he's also showing out). And we also happen to know Restrepo tests great with a 100+ SPARQ.

In my opinion, Restrepo is a take at WR or S. Hanna is not a take at S or OLB. And it's not close.

To each their own. Hanna is a no brainer to me in Diaz scheme.

And just to add another thing about that junior day offer...as I stated above there were 6, of those 6...only 4 to 2020 kids, 1 to a kid who ended up committing to Bama. And 1 of the 2021 kids commitment was accepted. This wasn't some uncommitable, token offer. It came very early in the Ivins updates for that too, Hanna basically walked into the building and they said "here's your offer, Robert"

Last edited:
To each their own. Hanna is a no brainer to me in Diaz scheme.

And just to add another thing about that junior day offer...as I stated above there were 6, of those 6...only 4 to 2020 kids, 1 to a kid who ended up committing to Bama. And 1 of the 2021 kids commitment was accepted. This wasn't some uncommitable, token offer. It came very early in the Ivins updates for that too, Hanna basically walked into the building and they said "here's your offer, Robert"

I can respect that. Coaches obviously agree with you after seeing him in person, and they should know best. I'm guessing they see him as a potential striker and think he's capable of being coached the coverage skills. I just think Restrepo looks like a better athlete, a more instinctive football players, and is a high floor kid at WR or S.

Advertisement

Thank you

Do y'all know Corn's cousin, Keyshawn Lawrence, is 6'1 227, that's not no ******* CB that's a whole LB at the next level maybe striker. Either that or 247 tag a different dude in their article that is also name keyshawn lawrence.

Last edited:
Texas produces great QB's & DB's every class, in just the 2020 class alone there are 17 CB's & 13 Safety's coming out of Texas.

All of them ain't staying in state, in fact the 2 highest rated CB's Lorando Johnson & Dwight McGlothern are both being heavily pursued by LSU, Lorando is most likely going to commit to them too.

Blake Baker used to recruit Texas & Lousiana heavy when he was at La Tech, I hope we break open a serious pipeline into both areas.

I'd like to see us offer Joseph Wilson from out North Shore (one of the best powerhouses in TX), Avery Helm from Fort Bend Marshall, DJ Warnell from ****inson, S Antonio Johnson from out of East STL (same school as JT4), Xavion Alford from Pearland TX, Donovan Johnson from Harvey LA, Dontae Manning from Kansas City & Daran Branch from Amite LA.

Advertisement
Blake Baker used to recruit Texas & Lousiana heavy when he was at La Tech, I hope we break open a serious pipeline into both areas.

I'd like to see us offer Joseph Wilson from out North Shore (one of the best powerhouses in TX), Avery Helm from Fort Bend Marshall, DJ Warnell from ****inson, S Antonio Johnson from out of East STL (same school as JT4), Xavion Alford from Pearland TX, Donovan Johnson from Harvey LA, Dontae Manning from Kansas City & Daran Branch from Amite LA.

Advertisement
Back