Out-of-state DB offers

Advertisement
Would like to see Pough in the class, and I like Hanna too, although he might be more of a linebacker/striker prospect.

I guess the Chaminade kid might be duplicative of Couch, but I would recruit him as well.

Other than that it seems like it isn't a very deep group. Gray is slow and off the board, would imagine Harrell might follow.

Advertisement
Would like to see Pough in the class, and I like Hanna too, although he might be more of a linebacker/striker prospect.

I guess the Chaminade kid might be duplicative of Couch, but I would recruit him as well.

Other than that it seems like it isn't a very deep group. Gray is slow and off the board, would imagine Harrell might follow.
Pough might be good. Hanna I don’t feel is Miami worthy at the moment. Everyone else is either too short or too slow. North Florida is stacked but without Hartley we have to reestablish ourselves there and it won’t happen in one cycle. Have to find them where we can. This staff likes tall long DBs that run. Not gonna take small or slow ones.

Pough might be good. Hanna I don’t feel is Miami worthy at the moment. Everyone else is either too short or too slow. North Florida is stacked but without Hartley we have to reestablish ourselves there and it won’t happen in one cycle. Have to find them where we can. This staff likes tall long DBs that run. Not gonna take small or slow ones.
For a guy who is a low 3 star Hanna might not be good enough for us lol.

Advertisement
Francois and tennison are a great start as those two could be the safeties of the future. Gonna have to get creative on corner cause gray is out and harrel will probably follow assuming they're friends cause our commits have been smack talking him like crazy. Get pough on board early.

Posted this already in the Ryan Watts thread, but I'll add a lil more:

Texas produces great QB's & DB's every class, in just the 2020 class alone there are 17 CB's & 13 Safety's coming out of Texas.

All of them ain't staying in state, in fact the 2 highest rated CB's Lorando Johnson & Dwight McGlothern are both being heavily pursued by LSU, Lorando is most likely going to commit to them too.

Blake Baker used to recruit Texas & Lousiana heavy when he was at La Tech, I hope we break open a serious pipeline into both areas.

I'd like to see us offer Joseph Wilson from out North Shore (one of the best powerhouses in TX), Avery Helm from Fort Bend Marshall, DJ Warnell from ****inson, S Antonio Johnson from out of East STL (same school as JT4), Xavion Alford from Pearland TX, Donovan Johnson from Harvey LA, Dontae Manning from Kansas City & Daran Branch from Amite LA.

I don't necessarily think the 2020 class is weak at DB for South Fla, there's prospects like Jamal Potts, Jeshon Ingraham, Jaheem Joseph, Benjamin Onwuzo, Chris Townsel & Davonte Brown that we haven't even offered yet.

But it appears the staff has their targets & just aren't going to waste a whole lot of time on trying to pull teeth with local guys, which I have no problem with. With that said, we still need to close on Harrell, Stanley & Pough, I hope Bermudez gets in as well.

Either way we not letting none of these kids drag us along for the ride this year & I love that.

Expect to see more of them.

This is a historically weak group of DBs in South Florida. The best one is already committed to us. We need to scour the country to finish up the class.
Do you think any other kids will emerge at DB?

Seems like So Fla always generates DBs.

Advertisement
Bermudez from Sandalwood seems to fit the bill pretty well of the measurables our staff looks for in a corner

What was Gray's 40 time from The Opening?

Didn't run do some injury sustained at a track meet so they say. Problem is if he pulled up while putting together an 11.8 he can keep playing games but when that hanker chief comes of the face and he opens his......... chit muthafuka.

Advertisement
For a guy who is a low 3 star Hanna might not be good enough for us lol.

I've said it before, I am no expert but I have been following this for a long time now.

Pros: based on his HUDL tape, kid was tough as nails, hitting, taking on blockers, etc. The exact type of presence we need on this defense and in that hybrid role.

Cons: comes down to whether he can get up to 215-220 and play up near the line like Romeo does...also possibly redundant with guys like Keyshawn Washington who we are recruiting...can only have so many sub-200 pound linebacker prospects in a class

I know at one point we were big time in it for Fred Davis but haven't heard anything on him in a while, would assume we are out.
Yeah he even visited once or twice last year I think? Haven’t heard his name in a while. It would be great to get him in this class

Advertisement
Back