Out-of-state DB offers

I don't see that at all...Definitely disagree...May be a little weak at the top compared to last couple years but it's def deep...Way deeper than 2019.

We offered Gray, Harrell, Hanna (possible striker), Pough, Francois, Stanley so far... That's 6 right there mid february??? I'm not counting K. Washington because I'm not sure he still has an offer and he's a LB at UM imo.

From what I've seen, it's not even close to 2019. Putting aside Francois, who is the real deal, compare:

Henry Gray
Jalen Harrell
Dedrick Stanley
Robert Hanna
Jerrold Pough

Tyrique Stevenson
Akeem Dent
Jordan Battle
Keontra Smith
Kaiir Elam
Te'cory Couch

And that's not even getting into guys like Davis, Brownlee, Nunn, Melvin and at least six more P5 guys.

2019 is just on another level athletically. I suspect the Opening results will confirm that.

Advertisement
From what I've seen, it's not even close to 2019. Putting aside Francois, who is the real deal, compare:

Henry Gray
Jalen Harrell
Dedrick Stanley
Robert Hanna
Jerrold Pough

Tyrique Stevenson
Akeem Dent
Jordan Battle
Keontra Smith
Kaiir Elam
Te'cory Couch

And that's not even getting into guys like Davis, Brownlee, Nunn, Melvin and at least six more P5 guys.

2019 is just on another level athletically. I suspect the Opening results will confirm that.

I agree '19 gets the edge at the top. I said that...But 20 is deeper imo. Remember at this time last year Nunn and Brownlee didn't have UM offers...They emerged more in spring. Kids are going to emerge this spring.

Ancrum, the BTW kids, Hodges, Royal, Delancey, Onwuzno...Names will emerge.

Last edited:
If people are looking for more speed at DB, then Francois- 4.62 40 while not being 100%, Cavazos-4.42 40, and Benjamin Onwuzo- ran a 4.59 as a sophmore, Dominick Hill- 4.39 40 while being 6'2, and we already have Tennison who runs a 4.5. Then you have all the OOS like Ricks, Ringo, and Corn's cousin, but until they visit I'm not even going to consider them.

Henry Gray
Jalen Harrell
Dedrick Stanley
Robert Hanna
Jerrold Pough

Tyrique Stevenson
Akeem Dent
Jordan Battle
Keontra Smith
Kaiir Elam
Te'cory Couch

yes not even close lol down year for sure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Out of what’s been named in this thread locally there give me Harrell alongside Francois

This should be the year to take all these S FL DBs.

Start setting it up for future years that this is where these kids need to go.

No way we're getting Ringo & Elias after Manny botched that recruitment a long long time ago.

This should be the year to take all these S FL DBs.

Start setting it up for future years that this is where these kids need to go.

No way we're getting Ringo & Elias after Manny botched that recruitment a long long time ago.

Thats what i’m saying. This sofla db class is deeeep. Don’t mind shooting the OOS shot but be the 1st on these kids that emerge from the pack this spring. I think we take 5 DB, got 2 already (1 from sofla, 1 soace coast) but who knows w the striker position

Henry Gray
Jalen Harrell
Dedrick Stanley
Robert Hanna
Jerrold Pough

Tyrique Stevenson
Akeem Dent
Jordan Battle
Keontra Smith
Kaiir Elam
Te'cory Couch

Which makes the logic behind slow playing ricks and ringo that much more baffling. Really messed up there.

Advertisement
Expect to see more of them.

This is a historically weak group of DBs in South Florida. The best one is already committed to us. We need to scour the country to finish up the class.
Just another reason why I would like to take Restrepo as a Safety instead of WR.

South FL is absolutely loaded with top level WRs this cycle, but light on legit DBs.

Taking Restrepo at DB allows us to get another top level WR while landing an elite athlete at Safety with the ability to house an INT and lay the wood.

Really hope to see him play Safety for STA this year along with WR (they had a stacked defensive backfield last cycle so Restrepo played WR).

Just another reason why I would like to take Restrepo as a Safety instead of WR.

South FL is absolutely loaded with top level WRs this cycle, but light on legit DBs.

Taking Restrepo at DB allows us to get another top level WR while landing an elite athlete at Safety with the ability to house an INT and lay the wood.

Really hope to see him play Safety for STA this year along with WR (they had a stacked defensive backfield last cycle so Restrepo played WR).

I don't understand what this cult like following for Restrepo at safety is on this board...He didn't grow, he's a slot WR or bust.

Can anyone name a 5'9 white safety? This kid is that much of a pioneer type athlete?

Last edited:
I don't understand what this cult like following for Restrepo at safety is on this board...He didn't grow, he's a slot WR or bust.

Can anyone name a 5'9 white safety? This kid is that much of a pioneer type athlete?

I know a certain former defensive coordinator who may argue with you on that.

Advertisement

Here is a comparison of Eric Weddle's combine numbers to Restrepo's from the Opening:

Eric Weddle (Age 22)

5'11, 203 lbs.
4.50 forty
33.5 VJ
4.12 shuttle

Xavier Restrepo (Age 16)

5'9.5, 186
4.58 forty
32.5 VJ
4.16 shuttle

Pretty similar, especially given the age difference. Weddle is a six-time Pro Bowl safety.

Didn't run do some injury sustained at a track meet so they say. Problem is if he pulled up while putting together an 11.8 he can keep playing games but when that hanker chief comes of the face and he opens his......... chit muthafuka.

English please

Here is a comparison of Eric Weddle's combine numbers to Restrepo's from the Opening:

Eric Weddle (Age 22)

5'11, 203 lbs.
4.50 forty
33.5 VJ
4.12 shuttle

Xavier Restrepo (Age 16)

5'9.5, 186
4.58 forty
32.5 VJ
4.16 shuttle

Pretty similar, especially given the age difference. Weddle is a six-time Pro Bowl safety.

You're reaching with "pretty similar"...given the whole inch and a half difference. You also listed UNO. A clear outlier. So yeah.

Not flaming you though, I know the kid doesn't mind playing physical and I remember his early tape blocking kicks and what not. I just think his position his pretty clear. And wouldn't mind him as a cane at all. I'll gladly digress and tip the cap if safety ends up being his position, just don't understand the cult like following he has has at the safety position.

With Tennison already in the fold, and a chance Francois plays safety, I think if we take another, there are better options than Restrepo. I think/hope hey go all in for Hanna, although he may be more Anthony Solomon and end up at striker, or if really puts the weight on, a WLB. That kid has some of the best film I've seen as a box safety or striker. Gimme the Toombs kid that was posted here from Immokalee if you wanna play Francois at corner.

Also do you have a link to all opening numbers?

Last edited:
You're reaching with "pretty similar"...given the whole inch and a half difference. You also listed UNO. A clear outlier. So yeah.

Not flaming you though, I know the kid doesn't mind playing physical and I remember his early tape blocking kicks and what not. I just think his position his pretty clear. And wouldn't mind him as a cane at all. I'll gladly digress and tip the cap if safety ends up being his position, just don't understand the cult like following he has has at the safety position.

With Tennison already in the fold, and a chance Francois plays safety, I think if we take another, there are better options than Restrepo. I think/hope hey go all in for Hanna, although he may be more Anthony Solomon with and end up at striker, or if really puts the weight on, a WLB. That kid has some of the best film I've seen as a box safety or striker. Gimme the Toombs kid that was posted here from Immokalee if you wanna play Francois at corner.

Also do you have a link to all opening numbers?

Still waiting on the full numbers.

Restrepo has all the tools to play safety or slot. Safeties his size play in the NFL all the time, including Ricardo Allen (who we didn't offer because of height).

I prefer safety for him because I like good athletes on defense if they are aggressive enough to do it. With that said, we already have Tennison and Miami is looking for a little more size in the DB class. So it's unlikely.

Advertisement
Back