Out-of-state DB offers

Advertisement
There will be good players, but it’s below standard.

I’m curious to see how Eddie Jackson (Booker T) and Anthony Johnson, Jr. (Norland) tested. They are quality prospects.
Anthony Johnson looks pretty good, and Jackson has excellent size

Advertisement
Friend told me on 247 just under 4.7 according to Ivins.
Gray has been overrated for awhile now, maybe he takes a step his senior year but the kid is similar to Brownlee to me. He is a pretty good player but just doesnt pop out at you.

Advertisement
The board has expanded so much it's hard to get a read on who sits where. Glad we throwing the offers out but the evaluation period can't get here fast enough.

I love having Francois locked up but we need 2-3 more...

I'm curious about Bermudez and hopefully he balls out the opening next weekend. I like Corn Elder cousin. I love Ringo speed and his love for the history of Miami football. I like Jalen Harrel game....

Want Restrepo at Safety, will take him at WR too, but love his upside on defense.

Advertisement
Posted this already in the Ryan Watts thread, but I'll add a lil more:

Texas produces great QB's & DB's every class, in just the 2020 class alone there are 17 CB's & 13 Safety's coming out of Texas.

All of them ain't staying in state, in fact the 2 highest rated CB's Lorando Johnson & Dwight McGlothern are both being heavily pursued by LSU, Lorando is most likely going to commit to them too.

Blake Baker used to recruit Texas & Lousiana heavy when he was at La Tech, I hope we break open a serious pipeline into both areas.

I'd like to see us offer Joseph Wilson from out North Shore (one of the best powerhouses in TX), Avery Helm from Fort Bend Marshall, DJ Warnell from ****inson, S Antonio Johnson from out of East STL (same school as JT4), Xavion Alford from Pearland TX, Donovan Johnson from Harvey LA, Dontae Manning from Kansas City & Daran Branch from Amite LA.

I don't necessarily think the 2020 class is weak at DB for South Fla, there's prospects like Jamal Potts, Jeshon Ingraham, Jaheem Joseph, Benjamin Onwuzo, Chris Townsel & Davonte Brown that we haven't even offered yet.

But it appears the staff has their targets & just aren't going to waste a whole lot of time on trying to pull teeth with local guys, which I have no problem with. With that said, we still need to close on Harrell, Stanley & Pough, I hope Bermudez gets in as well.

Either way we not letting none of these kids drag us along for the ride this year & I love that.

Joe Wilson is EJs nephew. Not sure if that’s going to help.

Expect to see more of them.

This is a historically weak group of DBs in South Florida.

I don't see that at all...Definitely disagree...May be a little weak at the top compared to last couple years but it's def deep...Way deeper than 2019.

We offered Gray, Harrell, Hanna (possible striker), Pough, Francois, Stanley so far... That's 6 right there mid february??? I'm not counting K. Washington because I'm not sure he still has an offer and he's a LB at UM imo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Of the out of state we offered we obviously need to be recruiting Kelee ringo , Elias Ricks and Keyshawn Lawrence from ensworth Tennessee.

Keyshawn Lawrence in particular is 6’2 190 rated a 96 on the 247 composite and is corn elders cousin so there is an in there

Posted this already in the Ryan Watts thread, but I'll add a lil more:

Texas produces great QB's & DB's every class, in just the 2020 class alone there are 17 CB's & 13 Safety's coming out of Texas.

All of them ain't staying in state, in fact the 2 highest rated CB's Lorando Johnson & Dwight McGlothern are both being heavily pursued by LSU, Lorando is most likely going to commit to them too.

Blake Baker used to recruit Texas & Lousiana heavy when he was at La Tech, I hope we break open a serious pipeline into both areas.

I'd like to see us offer Joseph Wilson from out North Shore (one of the best powerhouses in TX), Avery Helm from Fort Bend Marshall, DJ Warnell from ****inson, S Antonio Johnson from out of East STL (same school as JT4), Xavion Alford from Pearland TX, Donovan Johnson from Harvey LA, Dontae Manning from Kansas City & Daran Branch from Amite LA.

I don't necessarily think the 2020 class is weak at DB for South Fla, there's prospects like Jamal Potts, Jeshon Ingraham, Jaheem Joseph, Benjamin Onwuzo, Chris Townsel & Davonte Brown that we haven't even offered yet.

But it appears the staff has their targets & just aren't going to waste a whole lot of time on trying to pull teeth with local guys, which I have no problem with. With that said, we still need to close on Harrell, Stanley & Pough, I hope Bermudez gets in as well.

Either way we not letting none of these kids drag us along for the ride this year & I love that.
really like Onwuzo

Advertisement
Back