Our players congratulating FSU on social media

Lol let that happen after the iron bowl between Alabama and auburn and see how well received it would be. Doubt those players would even think about doing something like that regardless of how long they've known each other.

Been to several IRON BOWLS.

After each game I witnessed the players on both sides ALL shake hands and although many of the losers were crying they took the time and made the effort to congratulate their opponents after the game.

Its obvious that many of them on opposing sides have known each other for years and have much love...just like UM & FSU....ONLY during that game were they the bitterest of rivals. Afterwards normal life resumes, regardless of the outcome.

Never have been into social media and can only speak to what goes on the field.

Now can't speak for their delusional fans and others whose actions I find completely ridiculous. Especially since they didn't step foot onto the field.

Advertisement
It's one thing to leave it on the field it's another to disrespect your teammates and ur team by making anything public. Plenty of us were straight with some of our rivals. But even them if you got **** twisted there'd be pressure behind that.
That’s real….different days & times…most kids ain’t raised like that no more…its a PC world….smh…rep your team just don’t get disrespectful it’s problems.

throw up team america GIF

Advertisement
SO ????

WTF!!! ....What's it to you? ....Why does it matter to you??

I would expect that kind of comment from someone who has NEVER played any competitive team sports at any level beyond kindergarten

Players have done that since games were invented....EXCEPT FOR the most ungracious and sorriest of losers.

Do you also go around hating people just because they went to FSU??

Thats how spoiled, noxious, entitled children act. Leave it on the field. IF you gonna hate anyone hate yourself for not playing hard enough IF you're an actual player

IF you're a fan. Stay in your lane. You don't work out with the team nor did you earn any position on the team. Because in competitive sports, sportsmanship still reigns.

My self esteem is NOT tied to any team or game's result. IF yours is, .....then you need to reconnect with reality.

absolutely. Add UF and Ohio St

I would expect that kind of comment from someone who has NEVER played any competitive team sports at any level beyond kindergarten
I played beyond Kindergarten and always hated my opponent. Respected but hated

SO ????

Players have done that since games were invented....EXCEPT FOR the most ungracious and sorriest of losers.

Thats how spoiled, noxious, entitled children act. Leave it on the field. IF you gonna hate anyone hate yourself for not playing hard enough IF you're an actual player

IF you're a fan. Stay in your lane. You don't work out with the team nor did you earn any position on the team. Because in competitive sports, sportsmanship still reigns.

My self esteem is NOT tied to any team or game's result. IF yours is, .....then you need to reconnect with reality.
SO ????

Lmao i take it you are either related or know one of the players tweeting. Chill out man, it was a topic that was already on twitter and I brought it to CIS. If you are this worked up about it I’m guessing internally you know it was stupid to do. I understand they work out together and are friends but why not just text or call your boy.

Liberty brought up good points and I was just checking everyone’s temp, it doesn’t bother me personally but it shows the soft culture we have here. Kids can tweet and do what they want but if you don’t think an NFL team is t going to dig this 💩 up when interviewing them you’re crazy.

People calling these kids soft are retarded. If anything it's a sign of maturity. The game is only 60 minutes. Sportsmanship is important. Also, these kids grow up with each other. Don't expect them to wish ill-will towards a counterpart.

This is also par for the course in today's day and age. Look at pro athletes in the NFL or NBA, very similar behavior/approach. Dudes losing championships and going partying with the team that beat them. We're not in the 80s or 90s anymore.
Nope. It's still soft.

Advertisement
The two aren’t mutually exclusive, they can be angry & still talk to their friends lol

Yall just have to remember that players aren’t fans, I know WE hate our rivals & want to throw Molotov ****tails in all their windows, but players don’t think like that.

When they’re on the field they don’t like each other, when the game is over, it’s over.

They already did all their trash talking in between the white lines, I mean what yall want them to do, go pull a drive by?

Lol...
LCE, I agree with your statement. They're grown men, and it's up to fans to not get their panties twisted over it.

At the same time, basically tugging the rival team publicly the day after the game is still not a good look.

It's a bad and cucked look.

Congratulate your "boys" via text—you don't need to do it on your social media, so you and your little blue checkmark can get some likes (for your like). It's a real beta move from modern day athletes who seems more focused on their brand than team wins.

As someone said above, where was all that "We hate FSU" attitude post-game that they had pre-game. Noles steal on late and our guys are legit like, "****, bruh—y'all got us good. We gonna get you next time, though!"

We know our kids couldn't care less about what fans think—only when fans are sucking up to them and praising them—but this is still a slap in the face of anyone who supports this program.

There are literally families and old friends not talking this week because of how the game played out and what the rivalry means overall—and our guys are congratulating these bozos on the other side, in a public forum. It's a limpdicked move any way you slice or dice it.

This is soft as **** and embarrassing, but unfortunately most of our team is soft outside of a few alphas that are younger. If you're boys with someone on a team you just lost to then text them instead.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lmao i take it you are either related or know one of the players tweeting. Chill out man, it was a topic that was already on twitter and I brought it to CIS. If you are this worked up about it I’m guessing internally you know it was stupid to do. I understand they work out together and are friends but why not just text or call your boy.

Liberty brought up good points and I was just checking everyone’s temp, it doesn’t bother me personally but it shows the soft culture we have here. Kids can tweet and do what they want but if you don’t think an NFL team is t going to dig this 💩 up when interviewing them you’re crazy.

I clearly wrote what I felt to the post.

So now you're trying to explain and tell me and those players what they should be writing? 🤣 Good luck with that.

If you were answering my questions that would be different but you are not

YES someone does need to chill out. It's obviously not me.

If you don't want honest responses to your queries then don't post.

Otherwise just accept the fact that someone has a different opinion and move on.

That's all I've got to say to you about it. Already moved on

Last edited:
I guess im just in a different mindset now and maybe thats on me. If the ACC title or national title isnt on the line..I really dont care what the temperament of this game is pre or post game . I thought it was embarassing that Manny rode up in a limo. I love the bravado but not when you are 5-4. This is a rivalry game only in our minds at this point. This game wasnt even front page news locally all week. When both teams are in the top 10 or 15 and this game had real meaning behind it, then lets have this conversation.

When both fanbases are low key praying that their team loses so their coach can get fired? Yeah miss me with this type of reaction. You guys are hypocrites. LOL. Most of you guys probably threw a party after we lost because you know this was the nail in the coffin for Blake and Manny.

Advertisement
Their social media is theirs, they don’t have to revise what they say in order to make fans feel better.

The solution to the problem is for yall to just not follow them.

They’re free independent young adults, their life doesn’t revolve around what people think they should or shouldn’t say to their friends that they’ve grown up playing with.

It ain’t the 80’s no more, some of yall just have to get over it 🤷🏽‍♂️...
**** homie, beautifully written. I totally agree, wish they would do it through the phone, though. But yes it's their social media and they can do the **** they want with it. you're a good and honest man, @Liberty City El , blessings my brother!!

Advertisement
Back