Our players congratulating FSU on social media

The logic that you have to be a former player to have an opinion seems off base. Idc if it’s high school baseball, football or checkers. I was not going to congratulate my opponent on a picture of them embarrassing me. Seems like common sense

I grew up playing football,baseball, basketball, and golf. You shook hands after you won or lost. If you lost you said im gonna kill these mother****ers next time.

If i congratulated an opponent later and my dad saw id get my *** beat.

Advertisement
How bout this reply, since I’ve been in hella rivalry games w/ homies where we played pop-Warner together & played on different HS teams:

“Yeah, aight my boy, we’ll see ya’ll punk 🍑’s next season. Lol”

—or

“Yeah, OK! U’re girl think I’m clutch too, though. Lol.”

—or

“Don’t forget the other 4 times we smashed ya’ll.”

Bro, there’s hella ways to address ur homie after a rivalry & still maintain that while being boys. I just saw Derwin James smash Dalvin Cook & laughed at him, after helping him up. Probably talked chit on twitter to each other too.

Again, it’s rules to this, not giving props to ur arch rivals while they clowning ur teammates on a 4th & 14 play! C’mon bruh. Fck the fan chit.

This times a million. **** ain't right man.

I grew up playing football,baseball, basketball, and golf. You shook hands after you won or lost. If you lost you said im gonna kill these mother****ers next time.

If i congratulated an opponent later and my dad saw id get my *** beat.
Yeah it wouldn’t go well in my household either. Ironic it is coming from two players who dropped passes in the game (one that lead to an INT). You’d think they’d be more concerned about their play on the field than running to congratulate someone who is clowning you. But I digress lol it is what it is.

I think the topic is a lil more nuanced is all. Like for example, my dad & coach woulda got on MY *** for doing something like that but when I was playing IG was still relatively new at that point too. My particular age group didn’t get down like that. It’s started after me. But I can recognize what the world has turned young men into..
Just because the world has allowed this to happen doesn't make it right.

My generation was the first to get social media. Guess what. Ive never been on any of them because in my opinion it isnt manly. I dont care what others think of me and i dont need other peoples validation.

Yeah it wouldn’t go well in my household either. Ironic it is coming from two players who dropped passes in the game (one that lead to an INT). You’d think they’d be more concerned about their play on the field than running to congratulate someone who is clowning you. But I digress lol it is what it is.
Calling someone goated on a trash team really rubs me wrong. Like you said. It is what it is and we cant change it.

Advertisement
Just because the world has allowed this to happen doesn't make it right.

My generation was the first to get social media. Guess what. Ive never been on any of them because in my opinion it isnt manly. I dont care what others think of me and i dont need other peoples validation.
I don’t disagree with you & i don’t care for it myself but some of the values you’re speaking to men actually get held out to dry for now. Not it’s not right but it is what it is.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive, they can be angry & still talk to their friends lol

Yall just have to remember that players aren’t fans, I know WE hate our rivals & want to throw Molotov ****tails in all their windows, but players don’t think like that.

When they’re on the field they don’t like each other, when the game is over, it’s over.

They already did all their trash talking in between the white lines, I mean what yall want them to do, go pull a drive by?

Lol...

would that also involve hiding Manny someplace where he can't be found?

let me get back to you on that one.

Been to several IRON BOWLS.

After each game I witnessed the players on both sides ALL shake hands and although many of the losers were crying they took the time and made the effort to congratulate their opponents after the game.

Its obvious that many of them on opposing sides have known each other for years and have much love...just like UM & FSU....ONLY during that game were they the bitterest of rivals. Afterwards normal life resumes, regardless of the outcome.

Never have been into social media and can only speak to what goes on the field.

Now can't speak for their delusional fans and others whose actions I find completely ridiculous. Especially since they didn't step foot onto the field.
Completely different in shaking hands after the game etc vs getting on IG or Twitter basically praising the other side for making a play against your own teammate. That would’ve been like after the kick six against Bama amari copper posting “clutch” on Chris Davis tweet talking about how he ran the kick back for a TD to win the game. Naaa there are levels.

Advertisement
Completely different in shaking hands after the game etc vs getting on IG or Twitter basically praising the other side for making a play against your own teammate. That would’ve been like after the kick six against Bama amari copper posting “clutch” on Chris Davis tweet talking about how he ran the kick back for a TD to win the game. Naaa there are levels.
THIS! /THREAD

It’s because they knew today was coming. They are congratulating them on winning the battle and losing the war.

Them Chess playing sons a *******…

In all my years living in south florida....dade and broward....I have never in my life seen someone....post "GOATED" or "Clutch" after losing to their most hated rival.

Matter of fact how tf is someone "GOATED" for a sh*tty basic catch.

Keep in mind I grew up in the same neighborhood, A block away from multiple of my close friends in high school WHO all played for my rival Miramar. Talk sh*t at their house all week..went to their cribs after....but would NEVER had done what those 2 did...and these were my friends from i was about 12 years old.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back