Our 2020-21 Assistant Coaching Staff

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I am worried about our player development on both sides of the ball still, but good upgrades on offense
I’m actually not worried about the offensive side especially with likens having N’keal Harry and Brandon Aiyuk from his 3 years at ASU. Aiyuk almost tripled his production while Likens was calling plays.

The good — Manny”s hiring of Lashlee who subsequently brought on board two top talent coaches in Justice and Likens. Lockette coming on board now gives us three former head coaches from powerhouse So Fl high schools.

The bad — At least one of Patke, Banda, Rumph should have been encouraged to seek employment elsewhere. Patke bothers me most because he doesn’t seem to be able to recruit or develop.

The ugly — whereas Lashlee hires a OC/HC-in-training caliber guy as our WRs coach, Manny keeps a mini-me/LB coach who can’t recruit as our DC. We don’t need Manny to be more active in DC oversight, we need a real DC. Should have ponied up for Bud Foster to spend two to three years with the Canes before retiring for good.

Advertisement
E70C9681-6203-4904-B94E-EF2F597B2CDC.jpeg

Since Baker interviewed with LSU and he has been underwhelming, we should make a play for Corey Raymond. It’s far-fetched but wouldn’t hurt to offer him a Co-Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs Coordinator position. Give him a raise, and help fund it with Banda and Baker’s salaries (fire both). I’d keep Rumph as Cornerbacks coach and assistant to Raymond.

LSU can hire Baker to replace Raymond 😂

Also would like a dedicated LB coach who can recruit. A poster always mentions Devin Bush Sr for LB coach, we should look into it.

Keep Patke as Special Teams Coordinator.

Advertisement
Baxa being terrible is not on patke. I thought special teams was improved from last year. However, the question still remains about patke the “striker” coach and recruiter. Finley actually took a step back this year. And he hasn’t been able to recruit. If i was allowed to only replace one coach on the staff it would be patke.
It’s pretty ****** weird that people are blaming the ST coach because a kicker can’t make a 20 yard field goal to save his life

Advertisement
Back