Our 2020-21 Assistant Coaching Staff

Advertisement
I’m actually not worried about the offensive side especially with likens having N’keal Harry and Brandon Aiyuk from his 3 years at ASU. Aiyuk almost tripled his production while Likens was calling plays.

Likens and Justice resumes' are a lot better than the guys they replaced - has me encouraged. Lashlee handpicked them for his system. But...

Yeah well you’re only saying that because you’ve got over 15 years of data

This.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the SUPPORT staff is predominantly black?

Hmm...
Shaun_King_at_Suffolk_University_7.png

Advertisement
Yeah it sticks out like a sore thumb that we have two DCs and our defense really belongs to neither of them. Not good or bad on its own necessarily, just noticeable.
They do that so they can pay them more..

Advertisement
Makes no sense to have baker on staff for manny to have to call the defense. Get rid of him let manny call the plays or fire him hire charlie strong
When did manny call plays for the defense? Has this been reported? Did u catch it on a broadcast or is this something CIS has cooked up?

Advertisement
Now that things are mostly settled and the pieces are in place, what does the board think of this iteration of Manny's UM Staff? Personally I think we upgraded significantly on the offensive side, and I think getting those "same page" coaches in Lashlee, Likens, and Justice was a very smart move. I'm still not sold on the Banda/Rumph DB connection. I actually liked what I saw from Patke at ST this year. I like the mix of coaching experiences we have on staff, and it remains to be seen exactly how Ed Reed fits into this dynamic. Thoughts?

Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks - Rhett Lashlee

Wide Receivers - Rob Likens

Running Backs - Eric Hickson

Tight Ends - Stephen Field

Offensive Line - Garin Justice

Defensive Coordinator/Inside Linebackers - Blake Baker

Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line - Todd Stroud

Strikers/Special Teams - Jonathan Patke

Co-Defensive Coordinator/Safeties - Ephraim Banda

Cornerbacks - Mike Rumph
the Off staff got way more experienced. I agree. Patke did improve our ST.

Definitely pleasantly surprised of the quality of staff upgrades on offense. We now have a good mix of experienced teachers & recruiters on that side of the ball. The defensive staff will now be under the microscope in 2020, but I can see the unit organically improving by athleticism being upgraded at linebacker alone with shaq/pinck out of the equation. I really wanted Rumph gone but alas he gets 1 more year. Hopefully the defense takes a step forward and asst's like banda and/or patke get poached by another program so we can upgrade those positions by force of hand. Recruiting db's in particular must improve for us to eventually get back into the elite of college football again.

Advertisement
Yeah it sticks out like a sore thumb that we have two DCs and our defense really belongs to neither of them. Not good or bad on its own necessarily, just noticeable.

This is disastrous. If you have you "two" leaders you have none.

The good — Manny”s hiring of Lashlee who subsequently brought on board two top talent coaches in Justice and Likens. Lockette coming on board now gives us three former head coaches from powerhouse So Fl high schools.

The bad — At least one of Patke, Banda, Rumph should have been encouraged to seek employment elsewhere. Patke bothers me most because he doesn’t seem to be able to recruit or develop.

The ugly — whereas Lashlee hires a OC/HC-in-training caliber guy as our WRs coach, Manny keeps a mini-me/LB coach who can’t recruit as our DC. We don’t need Manny to be more active in DC oversight, we need a real DC. Should have ponied up for Bud Foster to spend two to three years with the Canes before retiring for good.
He should just stick on being the hc and that’s it and not fall victim to what richt and golden did. I would’ve liked strong as dc and he can hire whoever he wants

Not making excuses for Diaz but it was his first time he had to pass the defense off to someone else. Could be that first time head coach growing pains and learning to adjust how much influence he’ll have on the defense going forward.

Advertisement
Back