OT:World Cup

Advertisement
You know nothing about me, so I would refrain from making any comparisons.

Also, being rich doesn’t make you smart and being smart doesn’t make you rich.

Einstein was not a billionaire. Does that mean all these billionaires are smarter than Einstein was?
He was a great soccer player though..

Are we talking about only the "major" sports when talking about the most conditioned athletes? Because if you include all sports boxing does not have the most conditioned athletes as a group. Anyone who thinks boxers are better conditioned than elite long distance runners, elite cross country skiers, or elite cyclists is ******* clueless.
Bring your skiers & cyclists into a ring.
In one round, they will be clueless..

Mens college soccer,, 11.4 injuries per 10,000 practices or games.
Lady soccer,, 9.7/10,000.
Mens Football, 9.5/10,000.

Soccer concussions more severe.
Twice as likely than in football to require 22 or more days of recovery.
Mamas,, don't let your babies grow up to be soccer players..

Mens college soccer,, 11.4 injuries per 10,000 practices or games.
Lady soccer,, 9.7/10,000.
Mens Football, 9.5/10,000.

Soccer concussions more severe.
Twice as likely than in football to require 22 or more days of recovery.
Mamas,, don't let your babies grow up to be soccer players..
Do these stats include the fake injuries to draw a penalty kick?

Advertisement
Larry Bird playing soccer is the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone post
So you don't think a person who is known as one of the greatest athletes of all time could have excelled in soccer had he chosen to play that instead of basketball from childhood?

I'm not implying that you take Larry the basketball player and toss him out on the pitch and see what happens. I'm talking about taking young Larry, the child prodigy, and have him grow up in a culture that idolizes soccer instead of basketball.

The US doesn't dominate soccer the way we do every other sport simply because our kids don't grow up with posters of Pele. They have Bo Jackson, or Michael Jordan on their walls.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know nothing about me, so I would refrain from making any comparisons.

Also, being rich doesn’t make you smart and being smart doesn’t make you rich.

Einstein was not a billionaire. Does that mean all these billionaires are smarter than Einstein was?

Not all smart people are billionaires, but all billionaires are smart(unless they inherited it or something along those lines). You assumed I was a redneck because I didn't like soccer. I will assume you are a broke ***** because you like soccer.

Are we talking about only the "major" sports when talking about the most conditioned athletes? Because if you include all sports boxing does not have the most conditioned athletes as a group. Anyone who thinks boxers are better conditioned than elite long distance runners, elite cross country skiers, or elite cyclists is ******* clueless.

They may be better conditioning aerobically, but not anaerobically. In order to be considered the most conditioned you need to be elite in both. The guys you mentioned would only be slighly more aerobically conditioned then an elite boxer, but WAY worse conditioned anaerobically.

Advertisement
Isco showing his worth... looking like Los Blancos will be looking a lot different next year

I actually think the dumber thing said was that Mickey Mantle somehow would be a good soccer player.
What makes you certain that had Mantle focused on soccer rather than baseball that he would not have excelled?

I’m all ears. Tell us all which physical requirements of soccer would have prevented Mickey Mantle from being just as exceptional in that sport as he was in baseball?

If you can’t answer you can phone a friend. @Notsince1985 is holding for you on line one.

Not all smart people are billionaires, but all billionaires are smart(unless they inherited it or something along those lines). You assumed I was a redneck because I didn't like soccer. I will assume you are a broke ***** because you like soccer.

No, I assumed you were a redneck based on your general comments on this site. You can assume whatever you want. I couldn't care less.

Advertisement
Back