OT:World Cup

No problem. I could 100% survive 1 half of a soccer game. I still run 4-5x a week before work. I would get dominated skill wise obviously, but I have the cardio/muscle endurance to survive a soccer match.
If you can, judos to you. They are top level plavers who can barely make it past one half....and in college you can sub back in in the second half

Advertisement
If you can, judos to you. They are top level plavers who can barely make it past one half....and in college you can sub back in in the second half

I mean I wouldn't be good, but I could make it. I would much rather play a half of world cup than a half in the NFL.

From the hits. I have a brain. I make my money from my brain. Why would I risk injuring my most valuable organ?

Congrats. Tons of people that make way more money then you also played football. Donald Trump played football all the way through high school. Most peoples brains are fine after years of football, but since you seem to be someone that doesn't have many brain cells to spare you should probably be thankful you didn't play.

Advertisement
You are right I couldn't last one half in a p5 D1 football game. I havent played football in about 10 years, but I could have played on an FCS team 9 years ago. That is not the point thought. The sprint point is inaccurate. The Jamaicans have only dominated the 100m the last 3 olympics and that is mainly because of Bolt. Before that American was the most dominant. We also win a ton of other sprint events. For basketball it is like I said all of those other teams practice together all year round with a a handful of NBA players that need to get worked in. The USA teams practice together for a few weeks. Also, we have been absolutely dominant this past decade. Ronaldo is not fast or strong enough for the NFL. He would be an absolute weakling in the NFL and would be one of the slower skill guys.

They’re all different sports. Most football players would suck at soccer. Most soccer players would suck at football.

Ultimately, what you play affects what you’re good at. In soccer, change of direction (all over, back and forth, not one or two cuts) is more valuable than straigh speed. Doing that with a ball on your feet and multiple defenders is what matters for the one on one match ups. In football, the long speed is more important, but one or two cuts is key.

Consequently, players in each sport train for different objectives.

Hard to compare.

In general, though, elite athletes can do well across sports.

Americans don’t have a superior athletic gene (in facts, most are fat). What we do have is a large population, great facilities, and outstanding training programs in many sports. So, we win a lot of medals in the Olympics and produce great athletes.

I mean I wouldn't be good, but I could make it. I would much rather play a half of world cup than a half in the NFL.

Make it as in survive? What does that even mean?

I am sure they could put you into the NFL at WR and never throw you the ball and you’d make it.

I always find it so interesting how internet tough guys always claim they are so elite athletically.

Like, this redneck literally just claimed he could play in the World Cup Final alongside Messi and perhaps against Ronaldo and “make it”.

Seriously.

Congrats. Tons of people that make way more money then you also played football. Donald Trump played football all the way through high school. Most peoples brains are fine after years of football, but since you seem to be someone that doesn't have many brain cells to spare you should probably be thankful you didn't play.

Okay. They play as adults? I am saying now, dumbass.

Also, using Drumpf as an example isn’t helpful. Dude isn’t exactly smart.

Okay. They play as adults? I am saying now, dumbass.

Also, using Drumpf as an example isn’t helpful. Dude isn’t exactly smart.

I will respond to all three posts in one post. Yes, players gravitate towards sports they excel in, but they are not going to go pick a sport that no one in their country plays and they would need to fly to a different continent in order to get an actual income. America most certainly does have the best genes. Just look at our top athletes. No other country produces anything like that. Europe has never produced a Ray Lewis, Sean Taylor, or Lebron James type of person. Even as a WR that never gets thrown to you are still going to have to block. And yes I could run around for 60 minutes or how ever long a half in soccer is. It doesn't matter if Messi or Lebron is in front of me. They can't hit me and all I need to do is run around for 60 minutes. I admitted I would get obliterated skill wise, but I can make it based off endurance. That is more than I can say about making it through an NFL game. Me a redneck?? I was born, raised, and live in Manhattan. You can't get any less redneck than that. Finally, Trump is richer and smarter then you will ever be. How can you call someone who is a billionaire and the president of the US dumb. You may not agree with his politics, but he is obviously extremely smart. You don't just become a billionaire by accident.

Advertisement
I don’t know who will win, but i’ll be watching. I do know that the Spaniards are batshyt crazy. Who the **** fires their manager who blew through qualifying without a loss, on the eve of the World Cup? What a circus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will respond to all three posts in one post. Yes, players gravitate towards sports they excel in, but they are not going to go pick a sport that no one in their country plays and they would need to fly to a different continent in order to get an actual income. America most certainly does have the best genes. Just look at our top athletes. No other country produces anything like that. Europe has never produced a Ray Lewis, Sean Taylor, or Lebron James type of person. Even as a WR that never gets thrown to you are still going to have to block. And yes I could run around for 60 minutes or how ever long a half in soccer is. It doesn't matter if Messi or Lebron is in front of me. They can't hit me and all I need to do is run around for 60 minutes. I admitted I would get obliterated skill wise, but I can make it based off endurance. That is more than I can say about making it through an NFL game. Me a redneck?? I was born, raised, and live in Manhattan. You can't get any less redneck than that. Finally, Trump is richer and smarter then you will ever be. How can you call someone who is a billionaire and the president of the US dumb. You may not agree with his politics, but he is obviously extremely smart. You don't just become a billionaire by accident.

You know nothing about me, so I would refrain from making any comparisons.

Also, being rich doesn’t make you smart and being smart doesn’t make you rich.

Einstein was not a billionaire. Does that mean all these billionaires are smarter than Einstein was?

Ok, some middle ground we can both agree on. I cant imagine a bigger moment than wearing my country's Jersey with my name on the back in front of thousand of my brethens. Has to be the greatest feeling

Boxers are the most conditioned of all.
Your only armor,, muscles..
Are we talking about only the "major" sports when talking about the most conditioned athletes? Because if you include all sports boxing does not have the most conditioned athletes as a group. Anyone who thinks boxers are better conditioned than elite long distance runners, elite cross country skiers, or elite cyclists is ******* clueless.

Advertisement
Back