OT:World Cup

Murica!!! Not even close. Like I said, our best athletes ain’t playing soccer. Yet.
So we lead the world in Olympic medals with over 800 while our next closest competition has just 200.

I don’t know how you’d even argue with that, but I’m sure someone will try.

Advertisement
Soccer players are some of the most if not the most well conditioned group of athletes across all sports. Believe it or not, Tennis players are possibly a close second.
Boxers are the most conditioned of all.
Your only armor,, muscles..

I don’t think you understood my comment. We haven’t been good at soccer not because our players are not athletic - they’re plenty athletic. Theyre bad technically. Being a good athlete (running fast, jumping high, being strong) does not mean you will be good technically.

I agree that academies that attract kids early so that could learn the technical skills they need would result in having a better nations team. No question. But that has nothing to do with athleticism.

The US is the sleeping giant in soccer.

I believe Pulisic, Weah, Sargent and a few other youngsters will make us a threat in 2026.

That is true, but being coordinated is what makes you good technically. The most coordinated people in the world are in the NFL or NBA.

The top basketball players under 6’5” would be great soccer players.

I disagree on the athleticism. The top soccer players in the world are very athletic - jumping and running, specifically.

On speed, Bale and Messi probably run sub 4.30 40s, though pure speed is less essential in soccer because you never ever run in a straight line. Change of direction and agility combined with ball control are more important.

Take a look at Ronaldo and Bale’s bycicle kicks in the Champions League and tell me that’s not athleticism.

They do not run sub 4.3. You can look up the top speeds hit by the fastest soccer players and they aren't even faster then most of the top DBs, WRs, RBs, in full pads. I know they are athletic, but nothing compared to NFL/NBA players.

I played soccer for the first time in 10 years two weeks ago. I had pain in muscles I didn’t know existed.

A good profesional player will run 6 to 7 miles per game.

You’re right.

Have you ever played football or boxing? If you just decided to play either one of them after 10 years of no training you will be in a lot more pain.

Advertisement
Why do you feel the US has the best athletes in the world? Wheres the proof?
What sport is dominated by Americans? Best facilities? arguably but probably.
Hockey isnt dominated by Americans
Soccer isnt dominated by Americans
Baseball isnt even dominated by Americans
Ill give you basketball but thats a slim margin.
Its a BS myth that Americans have the best athletes. Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra, Alaba, Sergie can all go toe to toe with ANY American athlete with no problem.

First of all baseball is dominated by Americans. Basketball is 100% dominated by Americans. Look at the US team vs even the next best euro teams. We destroy them and most of there players practice together year round. Our guys get together and practice for a few weeks and mop the floor with them. We dominate in the Olympics and basically every other sport that we actually care about. UFC we dominate. Even in boxing we are arguably the most dominant currently and 100% the most dominant historically. Americans are BY FAR the most dominant. Messi, Ronoldoa, Ibra, etc. are great athletes for non-Americans, but they can't compare to the guys the US produces.

America does and they dont

No they don't. They don't care at all about a sport that doesn't have commercials. Do you live in America? Go to any high school and pick out the top athletes in the school. None of them play soccer. The soccer kids are the ones that are either to ***** to make it through football practice or their parents don't want their kids to play football(and if their parents are ***** chances are the kid is a ***** to due to genetics).

Outside of Basketball theres no sport dominated by Americans (and its really only a handful of Americans that dominate). So your theory is *****. American top athletes dont dominate their sport right now....not baseball, not hockey and again, basketball you take out 5-7 guys and its a level field.

Lets call Soccer and Football a push....the American top Athletes picking everything else dont dominate the other sports chosen by everyone else picking everything else.

PS: Dont be ***** and start naming female sports to back up your lame *** argument

LMAO you said don't be a ***** and then you name the most ***** sport of all time... soccer. First of all you could take the entire worlds basketball teams and play them against the USA and we still win. The greatest person at every position currently and of all time is Americans. Soccer and football is not a push. Football has faster, stronger, bigger, more coordinated players. They are more dominant in every aspect except distance running. If they wanted to they would easily pass them in that as well.

Advertisement
LMAO you said don't be a ***** and then you name the most ***** sport of all time... soccer. First of all you could take the entire worlds basketball teams and play them against the USA and we still win. The greatest person at every position currently and of all time is Americans. Soccer and football is not a push. Football has faster, stronger, bigger, more coordinated players. They are more dominant in every aspect except distance running. If they wanted to they would easily pass them in that as well.
I would bet everything you couldnt last one half of collegiate football.
US won 2 of the last 5 fiba championship and thats the only back to back (dating back to 1982). I wouldnt call that dominating.
Sprints are dominated by the Carribeans (especially Jamiaca)
Football isnt any faster, stronger and bigger are a necessity but more coordination is on par. Go watch clips of Fat Ronaldo and come back and back and honestly say hes not fast enough or coordinated enough for the nfl.

Advertisement
Look, the idea that guys like Mickey Mantle, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, or Ken Griffey Jr. wouldn’t have been equally as dominant in soccer is just absurd.

****, give me Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater and I dare someone to try to cross midfield.

Have you ever played football or boxing? If you just decided to play either one of them after 10 years of no training you will be in a lot more pain.
I played football and soccer, baby bro played football and was an all American. I went through it in soccer and he went through the football mill and i saw both first hand, and im swearing to you dude, at the top level there is no difference in the level of athletes. when i was 15 I shared a practice session with beloved smiley faced world record holder michael johnson and he was an absolute mutherfu***r. The top athletes at every sport are interchangeable regardless of country. If soccer players grew up here they would dominated football. messi would be Barry Sanders 2.0 and Ronaldo would be Rice or Champ Bailey.

Advertisement
I would bet everything you couldnt last one half of collegiate football.
US won 2 of the last 5 fiba championship and thats the only back to back (dating back to 1982). I wouldnt call that dominating.
Sprints are dominated by the Carribeans (especially Jamiaca)
Football isnt any faster, stronger and bigger are a necessity but more coordination is on par. Go watch clips of Fat Ronaldo and come back and back and honestly say hes not fast enough or coordinated enough for the nfl.

You are right I couldn't last one half in a p5 D1 football game. I havent played football in about 10 years, but I could have played on an FCS team 9 years ago. That is not the point thought. The sprint point is inaccurate. The Jamaicans have only dominated the 100m the last 3 olympics and that is mainly because of Bolt. Before that American was the most dominant. We also win a ton of other sprint events. For basketball it is like I said all of those other teams practice together all year round with a a handful of NBA players that need to get worked in. The USA teams practice together for a few weeks. Also, we have been absolutely dominant this past decade. Ronaldo is not fast or strong enough for the NFL. He would be an absolute weakling in the NFL and would be one of the slower skill guys.

You are right I couldn't last one half in a p5 D1 football game. I havent played football in about 10 years, but I could have played on an FCS team 9 years ago. That is not the point thought. The sprint point is inaccurate. The Jamaicans have only dominated the 100m the last 3 olympics and that is mainly because of Bolt. Before that American was the most dominant. We also win a ton of other sprint events. For basketball it is like I said all of those other teams practice together all year round with a a handful of NBA players that need to get worked in. The USA teams practice together for a few weeks. Also, we have been absolutely dominant this past decade. Ronaldo is not fast or strong enough for the NFL. He would be an absolute weakling in the NFL and would be one of the slower skill guys.
Sorry i meant one half one football aka futbol aka soccer....im drunk

I played football and soccer, baby bro played football and was an all American. I went through it in soccer and he went through the football mill and i saw both first hand, and im swearing to you dude, at the top level there is no difference in the level of athletes. when i was 15 I shared a practice session with beloved smiley faced world record holder michael johnson and he was an absolute mutherfu***r. The top athletes at every sport are interchangeable regardless of country. If soccer players grew up here they would dominated football. messi would be Barry Sanders 2.0 and Ronaldo would be Rice or Champ Bailey.

That is 100% not true. Maybe if you grew up in a state like Connecticut with a terrible football team I could understand, but in real football states like Florida or Georgia you can't even make the comparison. I know guys that played in NJ which isn't on Floridas level, but they produce a lot of talent and they are far better athletes than any soccer guys in the USA. Messi and Ronaldo would either get injured in high school since they are such pussies, or they would end up not even making the NFL if they tried to be running backs.

Sorry i meant one half one football aka futbol aka soccer....im drunk

No problem. I could 100% survive 1 half of a soccer game. I still run 4-5x a week before work. I would get dominated skill wise obviously, but I have the cardio/muscle endurance to survive a soccer match.

Advertisement
Back