OT:World Cup

Advertisement
View attachment 60666
If they pull this off it would be a huge upset.
Emiliano_Zapata-Libreria_del_Congreso.jpg

Amazing how many dumb Americans would say this is Francisco "Pancho" Villa, who in reality looked more like an insurance salesman then a revolutionary!

Emiliano Zapata's image was Hollywood's casting's stereotypical template for decades.

Guy knew the power of image...

Looks like
View attachment 60671
Amazing how many dumb Americans would say this is Francisco "Pancho" Villa, who in reality looked more like an insurance salesman then a revolutionary!

Emiliano Zapata's image was Hollywood's casting's stereotypical template for decades.

Guy knew the power of image...
Looks like a "Dreamer" to me.
Reunite him with his parents..

Advertisement
Look I don't like to insult people here on CIS... but fact is this is an American football forum and I really don't give a shiit about soccer or what the world thinks about soccer.
Most of
The soccer enthusiasts heritage on this forum make them soccer “experts”. Unfortunately they know very little about American football. Check their old posts concerning American football.

Look I don't like to insult people here on CIS... but fact is this is an American football forum and I really don't give a shiit about soccer or what the world thinks about soccer.
Next time just troll the other numerous threads instead of one clearly titled “OT: World Cup” one to tell us how you feel.

Advertisement
Next time just troll the other numerous threads instead of one clearly titled “OT: World Cup” one to tell us how you feel.
So let me get this straight... I'm on the Eye in the Sky forum dedicated to football commentary not soccer, and you call me a troll.
I visit the Wizards Den now and then but I don't start a tennis thread there just because I like and play tennis.
Since there seems to be some soccer lovers amongst us maybe the administrators can open a soccer forum on CIS.
Oh and expressing how we feel... isn't that what people do here?

Advertisement
If you disagree you are an ignorant moron. We have the best athletes in the world. It just isn't cool to play soccer in America. The soccer players in US high schools get no ***** and no respect. Anyone with any level of athleticism plays football.
Yea... this afternoon my wife invites me to Berries in the Grove with my son. TV's plastered with Brazil/Swiss match. My son nudges me countless times on the arm every time a player is rolling on the ground from a seemingly severe injury... replay shows nothing happened to the guy other than being a total *****. Football or jockey boot-camp would help them grow some balls... and get some real *****.

Yea... this afternoon my wife invites me to Berries in the Grove with my son. TV's plastered with Brazil/Swiss match. My son nudges me countless times on the arm every time a player is rolling on the ground from a seemingly severe injury... replay shows nothing happened to the guy other than being a total *****. Football or jockey boot-camp would help them grow some balls... and get some real *****.

Agreed. I would be embarrassed to roll around on the ground like a ***** just because someone tapped me. You couldn't pay me enough to give up my dignity.

If you disagree you are an ignorant moron. We have the best athletes in the world. It just isn't cool to play soccer in America. The soccer players in US high schools get no ***** and no respect. Anyone with any level of athleticism plays football.

Just going to address the part of your calling someone an ignorant moron, while in fact showing your total ignorance and saying "If America cared about soccer we would be winning the soccer championship ever year". The World Cup is an every 4 year event. Just like the Olympics.

We get it. You don't care for the game, but calling someone else ignorant is funny. Carry on though.

Advertisement
Just going to address the part of your calling someone an ignorant moron, while in fact showing your total ignorance and saying "If America cared about soccer we would be winning the soccer championship ever year". The World Cup is an every 4 year event. Just like the Olympics.

We get it. You don't care for the game, but calling someone else ignorant is funny. Carry on though.

So because I don't know how often the event takes place makes me ignorant? No, what is ignorant is not acknowledging the fact that if the best athletes in the world played the sport they would win.

Aren’t we boycotting them? Wait, that was the summer Olympics the last time the Russians invaded a country. Just got to show you how little soccer maters. 1,2,3 all girls attack now.

I’m not the biggest soccer fan out there (really only watch the World Cup) but I do enjoy the fact the games actually start when they say they will and there’s not commercials every 5 minutes.

I just can’t see it ever being in the top tier in this county compared to football and basketball. Baseball has issues with it being too slow and boring, soccer has the same problem. 1-0 games or 1-1 draws don’t capture the “casual” sports fans here.

Would love to see soccer replace basketball in popularity here.

Advertisement
Back