OT:World Cup

Advertisement
I’m not the biggest soccer fan out there (really only watch the World Cup) but I do enjoy the fact the games actually start when they say they will and there’s not commercials every 5 minutes.

I just can’t see it ever being in the top tier in this county compared to football and basketball. Baseball has issues with it being too slow and boring, soccer has the same problem. 1-0 games or 1-1 draws don’t capture the “casual” sports fans here.

I love my Canes football, but soccer(football) is a close second to me. There doesn't need to be a ton of goals in the game for the game to be enjoyable. The amazing skill of the players in the top leagues in Europe is a beautiful thing to behold and if you can't see that, you're blind.

Hey sport, you are hilarious... You say "don't read and don't post"... then you say "free country", you are definitely confused. Sonny... all I said is this is an American football forum... do you disagree??

Listen Sport, you have the same rights as everyone else! There are people posting here about anything and everything and even if I don’t agree with it, it is their right to do so. If I don’t like or care about the subject, I don’t read it and I don’t post in it! Show where they break a forum rule, then it’s different! No harm, no Foul!

Listen Sport, you have the same rights as everyone else! There are people posting here about anything and everything and even if I don’t agree with it, it is their right to do so. If I don’t like or care about the subject, I don’t read it and I don’t post in it! Show where they break a forum rule, then it’s different! No harm, no Foul!
So... then we both agree about the liberty to post at will with only some limitations as stated in the CIS rules and regulations which is monitored by the staff, thus they have the power to act upon content and members they see problematic.
So then what did you mean by "don't read and don't post"? You are right, there is no harm and no foul when I post that this is a football forum not a soccer forum. With that said I don't believe the moderators are going to shut this thread down... and us who are strictly American football enthusiasts aren't going anywhere either, and we may voice our dislike for soccer as well.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight... I'm on the Eye in the Sky forum dedicated to football commentary not soccer, and you call me a troll.
I visit the Wizards Den now and then but I don't start a tennis thread there just because I like and play tennis.
Since there seems to be some soccer lovers amongst us maybe the administrators can open a soccer forum on CIS.
Oh and expressing how we feel... isn't that what people do here?
Posting in a specific titled off-topic thread about soccer that you apparently have no interest in doesn’t make much sense to me. Who was the HS soccer player that stole your gf?

Posting in a specific titled off-topic thread about soccer that you apparently have no interest in doesn’t make much sense to me. Who was the HS soccer player that stole your gf?
Of course it makes sense... all threads are open to anybody's opinion, There isn't an invisible impenetrable wall to keep me or anybody else from commenting. Look my policy is to be respectful, and all I've don't is respond when it is appropriate. Some people insult the crap out of others here... I don't.
I grew up on football, basketball and baseball and I got on this forum for football reasons. I don't watch sports like golf, rugby, hunting, auto racing, soccer...etc. So I believe I'm on the correct forum for my football interests... period... why belabor it.

So... then we both agree about the liberty to post at will with only some limitations as stated in the CIS rules and regulations which is monitored by the staff, thus they have the power to act upon content and members they see problematic.
So then what did you mean by "don't read and don't post"? You are right, there is no harm and no foul when I post that this is a football forum not a soccer forum. With that said I don't believe the moderators are going to shut this thread down... and us who are strictly American football enthusiasts aren't going anywhere either, and we may voice our dislike for soccer as well.

You don’t give a **** about Soccer or what the world thinks about it but it bothered u enough to come to this thread and tell us how it bothered u and how this should be an American football site only, that’s your opinion! No site rules being broken so if you don’t give a ****, why come to the thread and prove you do give a ****!
There are OT threads on here about bachelor parties, naming pets, etc! Not related to American Football but on here, are you going to those threads to say they shouldn’t be here?

Advertisement
You don’t give a **** about Soccer or what the world thinks about it but it bothered u enough to come to this thread and tell us how it bothered u and how this should be an American football site only, that’s your opinion! No site rules being broken so if you don’t give a ****, why come to the thread and prove you do give a ****!
There are OT threads on here about bachelor parties, naming pets, etc! Not related to American Football but on here, are you going to those threads to say they shouldn’t be here?
Cono… why belabor this???
The pet naming thread didn't have anything to do with sports, but some the posts linked pet names to football and Canes players. Bachelor parties are not sports so who cares. Soccer is a sport and this is not a soccer forum... that is unless you enthusiasts have your way and take over. So lets make this a bullfighting forum or a rugby forum too. Not that you can't get away with it but for Gods sake be ready to get opinions/comments pro and con about it... that's what we do here... on this American football thread. I don't understand why the controversy... Adios!

Cono… why belabor this???
The pet naming thread didn't have anything to do with sports, but some the posts linked pet names to football and Canes players. Bachelor parties are not sports so who cares. Soccer is a sport and this is not a soccer forum... that is unless you enthusiasts have your way and take over. So lets make this a bullfighting forum or a rugby forum too. Not that you can't get away with it but for Gods sake be ready to get opinions/comments pro and con about it... that's what we do here... on this American football thread. I don't understand why the controversy... Adios!

So you do give a ****!! Got it! Chao

I love my Canes football, but soccer(football) is a close second to me. There doesn't need to be a ton of goals in the game for the game to be enjoyable. The amazing skill of the players in the top leagues in Europe is a beautiful thing to behold and if you can't see that, you're blind.
I agree with the captain i usually watch the world cup and these guys have skill to do what they do. The game is to slow for me...i love the passion i hate the acting i really hate the acting theygrown men out there acting and thatshyt made it to the nba. They should give out oscars or embarrassing trophies to the actors made of copper or animal meat or aome ****.

I agree with the captain i usually watch the world cup and these guys have skill to do what they do. The game is to slow for me...i love the passion i hate the acting i really hate the acting theygrown men out there acting and thatshyt made it to the nba. They should give out oscars or embarrassing trophies to the actors made of copper or animal meat or aome ****.

Hard to disagree with you, and I love soccer!! The acting takes away from the game. Same thing in the NBA. I get that it is to gain an advantage, but when it is blatan like this it just makes it less fun to watch!

Advertisement
Hard to disagree with you, and I love soccer!! The acting takes away from the game. Same thing in the NBA. I get that it is to gain an advantage, but when it is blatan like this it just makes it less fun to watch!
They should change the hard wood floor to concrete. No one ever called fouks in the hood on the courts and anyone barely even fell after layups ever. No one called fould because ifthey did an argument ensued then it was scrap time.

**** fellas, there have been some monumental upsets already in the world cup. Germany losing to Mexico and Germany not even scoring a goal in the process was crazy. Colombia losing was unexpected as well. It is truly anyones tournament at this point. I actually don't feel too bad about Spain breaking even with Portugal in their first match...both of those squads look like contenders. Cheers boys! enjoy the tourney

p.s. nothing like cracking beer open at 5am here in San Diego to catch world cup matches ;)

Advertisement
**** fellas, there have been some monumental upsets already in the world cup. Germany losing to Mexico and Germany not even scoring a goal in the process was crazy. Colombia losing was unexpected as well. It is truly anyones tournament at this point. I actually don't feel too bad about Spain breaking even with Portugal in their first match...both of those squads look like contenders. Cheers boys! enjoy the tourney

p.s. nothing like cracking beer open at 5am here in San Diego to catch world cup matches ;)
cheers matey

Advertisement
Back