OT: What's Antonio Brown's Trade Value?

I dont value 3rd or later picks like the majority, so I am willing to throw a 3rd and a 5th for Brown, maybe ask for a 6th in return. One thing I would like to do is put a option after the first year of his contract so, if I declined his option he would count for the compensatory pick formula

Advertisement
If I were a GM, and I had cap space AND I had a good QB to throw it to him, I would give up a 2nd round pick and pay him.

If hes the missing puzzle piece to your offense, yeah, go get him.

I don't see the Raiders grabbing him. They've done a good job allocating high draft picks and freeing up cap space.

Gruden wants to do what Jimmy did with the cowboys in the early 90s. Rebuild, and make the team a lot younger.

I doubt he would grab AB. Draft young, play long and get a fresh start in Las Vegas.

AB is currently one of the top offensive players in the NFL. So was T.O. though, and making or breaking the locker room over one guy might not be the best idea.

He would be a good compliment to Tyreek Hill at the chiefs. Imagine a CB2 covering one of those guys. Mahomes has the strongest arm in the league too. They would forget the name Kareem Hunt by week 1.

Jerry Jones gave up a first round for Cooper. Someone will give a 2nd round for AB and that would be a steal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jerry Jones gave up a first round for Cooper. Someone I will give a 2nd round for AB and that would be a steal.
Yup
I actually don’t think the cap hit is that crazy
I think Julio gets north of 16
Dallas will have to give Cooper 12-15 a year to resign him imo
So if I were a GM on the cusp of winning it all I would easily give up a 2, prob a low 1 like Dallas

WR may be the most overvalued, over-hyped position in the NFL. Yes, AB and a handful of other guys have otherworldly talent and skills, but at the end of the day, I've become more of a believer in the idea that elite NFL WR's are made, not born.

Let me explain. By the time we get to the NFL level, there is an insane amount of talent available to NFL teams to fill a very small number of elite WR roles. Further, in order to be an elite receiver, you need to land on a team that allows for an elite receiver to develop and prosper. Put AB on the Ravens, for instance, and he's not catching 120 balls every single year. His numbers would be way down in that system compared to what he's done in Pittsburgh, no matter how great he is.

If I'm an NFL GM, I'm focusing my resources on QB, OL, DL and DB. Fast guys who can catch are simply not that hard to find at the NFL level.

Andre Johnson had an "OK" career for the Texans I guess.

Yup
I actually don’t think the cap hit is that crazy
I think Julio gets north of 16
Dallas will have to give Cooper 12-15 a year to resign him imo
So if I were a GM on the cusp of winning it all I would easily give up a 2, prob a low 1 like Dallas

Sammy Watkins is getting paid around that amount as Cooper. Maybe if even more. If I was the chiefs. I would offer Watkins and a 2, throw in a 2020 late round pick just to make it look nice.

amari cooper fetched a 1st rounder. He can back pedal routes and be better than amari cooper.

Advertisement
Andre Johnson had an "OK" career for the Texans I guess.

Exactly. He was one of the greatest WR’s of all time, and is largely forgotten about and was able to do little to drag his team from mediocrity because he was on a bad team with no QB. It’s a horrible shame what happened with his career, albeit a very nice one. We all know what he could have accomplished if he was paired with Brady, Brees, Peyton, heck, Watson, etc...

Sammy Watkins is getting paid around that amount as Cooper. Maybe if even more. If I was the chiefs. I would offer Watkins and a 2, throw in a 2020 late round pick just to make it look nice.

I think Watkins is in the $14-16M range. Way overpaid.

Advertisement
amari cooper fetched a 1st rounder. He can back pedal routes and be better than amari cooper.
No doubt Antonio Brown is better than Cooper, but he's 6 years older, he comes with a lot of baggage including a pending charge that could get him suspended, he bytches every time he doesn't get the ball, and his cap hit is >$8M more than Cooper's for 2019 alone.

Plus Dallas simply overpaid for Cooper. I just really would be shocked if Brown also nets a 1st rounder.

Exactly. He was one of the greatest WR’s of all time, and is largely forgotten about and was able to do little to drag his team from mediocrity because he was on a bad team with no QB. It’s a horrible shame what happened with his career, albeit a very nice one. We all know what he could have accomplished if he was paired with Brady, Brees, Peyton, heck, Watson, etc...

I wasn't agreeing with you lol. The point was that he WASN'T forgotten because elite WR's are elite no matter where they are. Mike Wallace was one of those "just a fast WR that can catch" and HE disappeared.

Advertisement
I think he goes for a 2nd rounder. He's the same age as Julio Jones and AJ Green. AB still has a couple of great years left in him.

Advertisement
Back