OT: What is the best sport to watch in person?

CFB in person, NFL at home. NHL ONLY if youre close. NBA in the lower bowl. EPL soccer bc man those crowds LOOK fun

Advertisement
I’m in Minnesota and grew up playing and then coaching hockey so gotta go with OP. But that being said Im still a bigger CFB fan and would watch the Canes over everything.

1. Hockey
2. College Football
3. College Basketball
4. NBA

Would love to watch:

1. EPL soccer match
2. UFC fight
3. Rugby 7's tournament

Advertisement
This is peak off-season time. Just curious what everybody thinks is the best sport to watch in person?

Personally, I think hockey is the best. If you ever have a chance to go to a playoff game in a city that cares about hockey, it's insane.

College football is also great in person, but I believe the tailgating is the best part... better than the in-game experience when you're in the stadium. If you don't have the best seats in the house, a lot of times you can't really tell what is happening.

Ice Hockey

1st row in the corner at an NHL game was the most entertaining sporting event. You can't replicate 2 guys in pads and skates going full force into the boards 2 feet away from you.

Advertisement
This is peak off-season time. Just curious what everybody thinks is the best sport to watch in person?

Personally, I think hockey is the best. If you ever have a chance to go to a playoff game in a city that cares about hockey, it's insane.

College football is also great in person, but I believe the tailgating is the best part... better than the in-game experience when you're in the stadium. If you don't have the best seats in the house, a lot of times you can't really tell what is happening.
Agree when to a Panthers game and the first one I ever went to we lost to the Flyers like 2-1 and I still thought is was the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event other than being at game 7 NLCS Marlins vs Cubs in 03. Hockey is totally different live than on TV.

BEST (in order): college football, lacrosse, (Tie): hockey, tennis

WORST (in order): golf, NBA, soccer, NBA
Tennis is another one that definitely is better live, used to be a ballperson at the Miami Open and would get free tickets was always good even if it wasn't the big names playing.

Advertisement
It all depends. Watching baseball in stadium is always better. My first regular season game ever was the most boring shutout of the Braves by a guy named Hershiser in 88 that turned out to be part of a record breaking performance. I also saw what I consider to be the greatest hitter ever in Bonds gi yard off Smoltz in the 2000s but it was not exciting but still enjoyable up until that point.

Watching football on tv is almost lways better but college football tailgating is elite and if you happen to attend a classic like WIDE RIGHT II OR III OR WIDE LEFT I like I have it trumps all. Washington at home in 2001 is right up there with FSU 94 but unless its classic tv wins football.

I've sat directly behind the laker bench, so close I could chat it up with an injured Pau and the equipment manager to catch a sweat soaked towel from Kobe and that was pretty good but other NBA games not so much.

I've done Daytona, Bristol, and Atlanta (BUT NOT YET TALLEDEGA) and infield at Atlanta for the weekend was amazing but other than that racing is for tv.( lived in St. Pete and when they ran the GRAND PRIX it was impressive watching em come down fourth street but nothing to write home about.)

But nothing beats Stanley Cup playoffs. Nothing. I was in Raleigh to see Ovi knock lil dude the **** out and while he was already public enemy number one IT WENT UP A LEVEL AFTER HIS MANSLAUGHTER CHARGE. But in 2003 or 04 whatever year the Lightening won it I was living in St Pete and when they were late in the game my buddy and I coming across the Howard Franklin decided to head to the Ice palace for the party and some *****. We walked up and having to **** I asked a dude where to go. He said go round the corner and through double doors. Ok. We did. Swear to god dont know if we turned the wrong way but we walked right in to Game 7 of Tampa closing it out. No guards, no nothing. Still dont believe it. Watched Hulk Hogan walk around with the cup. Lol Hockey in person trumps all. It's the best

Advertisement
Muay Thai/ Kickboxing
BJJ
MMA
College Football
X Games
Women's Volleyball (Beach/Indoor)

Advertisement
Back