OT: What is the best sport to watch in person?

College football for the entire “crowd” and venue experience. Of the pro sports it’s hockey hands down. Nonstop action and so much going on behind the puck. NFL is great but so many fans are @ssholes and ruin the experience and without great seats it’s hard to see everything.

Advertisement
Andrew Peters brawling in his Sabres days when buffalo wasn't complete *** were probably my favorite personal experiences to watch live

Havent been to enough college games but coley's huge jet sweep against pitt was fun as fuq to see live as well. Hoping cuse can maintain some momentum so I can watch some good football when miami comes up here
Robert Ray, the worste goon in Hockey! Guy was animal.

Advertisement
Since you said in person, as much as I love football I get tired of all the commercials (true in most pro sports). In person I'd say most high school sports, especially football.

Advertisement
Boxing, MMA, College football, NFL, then there is a huge drop off. College basketball, NBA. Then another huge drop off. baseball. I won't go to any other sporting events.

This is peak off-season time. Just curious what everybody thinks is the best sport to watch in person?

Personally, I think hockey is the best. If you ever have a chance to go to a playoff game in a city that cares about hockey, it's insane.

College football is also great in person, but I believe the tailgating is the best part... better than the in-game experience when you're in the stadium. If you don't have the best seats in the house, a lot of times you can't really tell what is happening.
Hockey and it is not close i have seen and been to all of them......Hockey is the Best......

No shuffleboard?

Gotta be more specific. One (along with Super Chexx Bubble Hockey) is my passion. The other I only use as a means to pick up "seasoned" ladies in Boca and on AARP cruises.

Screenshot_20190705-181231_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190705-181157_Chrome.jpg

When boxing is hitting on all cylinders it’s really exciting to be around a big fight. I say around it as I spent a good amount of my younger days around fight people. I may have even met @k9cane.

The boxing teams start showing up to the Vegas hotel on a Tuesday and then each day more and more fight people arrive. There’s a level of excitement in the air that builds that is indescribable. You have the press conference on Wednesday or Thursday (I can’t remember) and of course the weigh in, if I recall, on Friday. By the time the event starts on Saturday night, the atmosphere is just pumped up and powerful.

I can honestly say, as someone who has covered hundreds of boxing events, nights like when Pacquiao fought Marquez and Morales(I went to all of those fights) or GGG-Canelo I and II, or Morales-Barrera(went to all three of those wars), major bouts at Madison Square Garden etc, are really special, even to this day

As RVA stated, for the truly big fights -- or ones that turn out to be all-time classics like Ruslan Provodnikov-Tim Bradley -- you still have this incredible feeling that you are at something special. For the really big fights, the entrances themselves are memorable. There's really nothing like it.

For me, big Miami games (especially the ones at the Orange Bowl) and fights are my personal favorites. I like all sports basically, but these are the only two I'd really take time out of my schedule to go and attend. And one is my job(covering boxing), the other is my passion(Miami Hurricanes football)

I can honestly say that the two most memorable/favorite events Ive attended are Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo I(which is the greatest fight I've ever seen ringside, and nothing will probably ever top it) and Miami-UCLA (December 5th, 1998, a day that will live in Bruin infamy) which was my first OB experience. Unreal game, Edge doing what he did, rushing the field after(and I still have a piece of sod in my office as a keepsake from the field, lol, yeah, Im a nut)

Advertisement
A long time ago I saw the Blackburn Hawks (ice hockey) team play.

Couldn't even see the puck, I was so bored.

For me nothing beats a top level Rugby League game in person. Closely followed by 'soccer' and finally a day of drinking at the cricket.

American Football is absolutely made for TV, which is fortunate cos that's how I consume it!

Advertisement
Pro baseball
Or
College football
Gotta give a nfl and nba Game a shot maybe this year. Bucs and magic don’t fail me

All the hockey talk, I think you're missing something else on ice. Short track speed skating is exciting as ****. I love the Olympics, actually prefer Olymic hockey to NHL, but short track is nuts.

This is peak off-season time. Just curious what everybody thinks is the best sport to watch in person?

Personally, I think hockey is the best. If you ever have a chance to go to a playoff game in a city that cares about hockey, it's insane.

College football is also great in person, but I believe the tailgating is the best part... better than the in-game experience when you're in the stadium. If you don't have the best seats in the house, a lot of times you can't really tell what is happening.

Advertisement
Back