OT: What is the best sport to watch in person?

Advertisement
I’m a basketball guy then football. If you ever go to a postseason/important game it makes anything better.

College football. Golf & baseball is like watching paint dry Tennis is ok. Don't like hockey or soccer.

The pro games I went to really opened my eyes to baseball.

It was way more exciting live than on tv.

My only problem with tv baseball is the lag between pitches.

I know purist don’t like it, but I think a piitch clock would do for mlb what the shot clock did for the nba.

I know I would watch more games if it was implemented. Haven’t watched a game all year. They could have already done it. I know they were testing it in the minors.

Advertisement
Playoff hockey or NCAA basketball tournament anything from the sweet 16 to the championship game. Been to multiple NCAA tournament games and it is always an electric atmosphere for the entire basketball game. Even if you don’t have a team playing (Miami) it’s still very entertaining. Saw UnC vs Kentucky in the elite 8 in Memphis a few years ago and it was great!

Advertisement
This is peak off-season time. Just curious what everybody thinks is the best sport to watch in person?

Personally, I think hockey is the best. If you ever have a chance to go to a playoff game in a city that cares about hockey, it's insane.

College football is also great in person, but I believe the tailgating is the best part... better than the in-game experience when you're in the stadium. If you don't have the best seats in the house, a lot of times you can't really tell what is happening.

Hockey sucks on tv but is good in person so I agree with you.

Depends on the importance and closeness of the game and your seats. I’ve been lucky a few times to have great seats or been at a great game. I watched the Panthers hockey from the glass next to the net. The action of players skating full speed and then slamming into the glass inches from me was incredible. Had court side seats for the Heat vs Larry Bird and enjoyed it. Watched ST26 in 2003 from a skybox in Tally with friends from FSU and I was probably obnoxious in celebrating the game. When the Canes or other Miami teams aren’t playing well, there is no sport I enjoy live or on TV.

Advertisement
This is peak off-season time. Just curious what everybody thinks is the best sport to watch in person?

Personally, I think hockey is the best. If you ever have a chance to go to a playoff game in a city that cares about hockey, it's insane.

College football is also great in person, but I believe the tailgating is the best part... better than the in-game experience when you're in the stadium. If you don't have the best seats in the house, a lot of times you can't really tell what is happening.
I took a few girls to an NBA game, sat close to floor level and besides them getting excited about some of the players they viewed good looking, most sat motionless during the game. We go to a boring soccer match and they can’t sit down most of the time!

So I say that to say this! It all depends on what sport a person like! I would never attend a hockey game! Never go back to a soccer match! Never set foot in another baseball stadium until the Marlins matter!

I would love to tailgate and pay good money for a nice 50 yard line seat at a UM game any day! And you can throw the Dolphin tickets in the trash until they are relevant.

My llove is with the Canes win lose or draw!

Last edited:
Hockey definitely has the biggest gap between live and televised. I'm not even a hockey fan but it's a million times better live than on TV. Not sure you can say that for any other sport these days.

College football atmosphere for a big game is second to none. Growing up, I always went to UM games but never went to a Dolphins game until I was probably 19 or 20. I couldn't believe how lame the crowd was. Everyone just sits there quietly. At UM games, you never sit unless it was some blowout game against Temple or Rutgers.

I would kill to see Formula 1 live. I love racing (not nascar) and seeing and hearing the cars up close is mesmerizing. I had some pit passes for an American LeMans series race in downtown Miami years ago and it was awesome. The only negative is you can't see the whole track so you spend a lot of time watching it on the monitors. Kind of like what I do at UM home games now.

All the hockey talk, I think you're missing something else on ice. Short track speed skating is exciting as ****. I love the Olympics, actually prefer Olymic hockey to NHL, but short track is nuts.

Olympic hockey sucked this past Olympics without the NHL players, it just wasn't the same

Advertisement
The pro games I went to really opened my eyes to baseball.

It was way more exciting live than on tv.

My only problem with tv baseball is the lag between pitches.

I know purist don’t like it, but I think a piitch clock would do for mlb what the shot clock did for the nba.

I know I would watch more games if it was implemented. Haven’t watched a game all year. They could have already done it. I know they were testing it in the minors.
Yep, going to a pro baseball game is fun and exciting af. Now watching it on tv 😴😴😴😴

Love some football live, hockey is not bad either (fast paced). But a live Top Fuel drag race or NASCAR at a high speed track like Talladega or Daytona are what gets my blood goin. Love the speed and the smell of the gas and tires. And the crashes of course.

Yup, sat in the second row for two of Haglers fights in Boston garden next to his wife. We were friends with his family and my girlfriend babysat for them. To this day I have never heard a crowd like that in my entire life, it was ear piecing. Brockton MA represented that day. Celtics in the old Boston Garden. Hard to beat a big Canes football game too.

Advertisement
Back