OT - Westbook traded to Houston

i just wnated the star power but knowing it would be a really tough or bad fit with butler considering the heat arent loaded up w shooters and wed have to move a shooting big just to bring him over.

I’ll just go around liking your posts rather than wasting my time agreeing with majority of your posts on nba.

That’ll make me efficient , something Westbrook has never been.

Advertisement
wade was an efficient player his entire career and a better shooter. he also showed an ability to adapt. accoridng to the lowe post, they tried to get russ to adapt and nothing has worked thus far.
Yea, my point was Wade started to decline athletically around 31-32 and (although efficient) was not the same player after that. Westbrook is gonna start to decline as well but since his game is pretty much all athleticism/hustle, his game is gonna fall off a cliff and you're still gonna owe him 40M/yr.
I didn't want that as a Heat fan.

OKC won't be able to buyout that much left on his contract. And who else is gonna trade for that terrible contract. Things just got really weird for CP3

Can he be amnestied or did they get rid of that?

They still ain’t learned about overpaying aging guards.

Advertisement
I wonder If Miami can pivot to demar derozan and Lonnie walker from the spurs? If Beal is a nogo, and we get draft compensation back.
LOL. Why exactly would the Spurs give away a player on a rookie deal who has shown promise in SL?

Advertisement
The only way I'd get behind a trade for Paul or Westbrook would be if it were the final piece for a championship team. No way I'm investing the time and money into a guy who will take the Heat from 6th to 4th in the East. People love big names but they have to be smart about how they build their roster. Especially in a league where 3 point shooting is quickly becoming the most important skill

As long as it sells tickets.... that's all that matters to the owners.... Rus sells tickets

This is the thing I always have to remember as to why teams reach for names.

It’s hard putting together an actual contender.

Getting fans in the seats and eyes on the ads is what the game is REALLY about.

I don't understand how players like cp3 can make it so public how much he dislikes someone that he WORKS with

like dude you gotta WORK with this guy every DAY

like does he feel nothing at all when he walks through those gym doors and makes eye contact with harden? no discomfort? maybe he's a psychopath..

Like, totally

Advertisement
No one is trading for Chris Paul and that contract. If he's going to play out the rest of his days on that contract, it'll be in anonymity with a rebuilding OKC team over the life of that contract.

At this point, OKC is going to try and have to sell Chris Paul's massive contract with picks they've acquired just to get rid of him. He's 34 years old and his numbers show he's just about toast.

This should be a complete disaster. I wonder if Hardin will be ok when Westbrook is 4 of 70 from the field, and keeps shooting.

Advertisement
lowry is an expiring no? thats moving way too much for a guy who is off the books (also heat dont have any seconds to move or even first round picks till 2028).

You're moving ~$12 million of 2020 salary in Olynyk and getting a major upgrade on a guy who was already in trade talks. Lowry is a pretty loyal guy and he likes Butler so resigning him would seem likely. A lottery protected first is nothing nowadays with picks getting thrown everywhere, especially when you're getting off future salary.

But I don't know the Heat's pick situation so I hope what you're saying isn't true. There are only a handful of Lowry destinations and the Heat make the most sense. I can't see the Raps trading Kyle to a place he doesn't wanna go to.

You're moving ~$12 million of 2020 salary in Olynyk and getting a major upgrade on a guy who was already in trade talks. Lowry is a pretty loyal guy and he likes Butler so resigning him would seem likely. A lottery protected first is nothing nowadays with picks getting thrown everywhere, especially when you're getting off future salary.

But I don't know the Heat's pick situation so I hope what you're saying isn't true. There are only a handful of Lowry destinations and the Heat make the most sense. I can't see the Raps trading Kyle to a place he doesn't wanna go to.

the heat dont have a single FRP to trade until 2028 due to the protections and stuff with the LAC trade. im not high on lowry tbh esp at his age and weight issues. id rather roll with justise at pG than lowry tbh.

the heat dont have a single FRP to trade until 2028 due to the protections and stuff with the LAC trade. im not high on lowry tbh esp at his age and weight issues. id rather roll with justise at pG than lowry tbh.

Yikes with the pick limitations. You're sleeping on Lowry. He's one of the most high energy dudes regardless of his weight and this is a contract year. Last time he had a contract year was the "skinny Lowry" year where he was basically preseason MVP. He makes all the winning plays like pushing tempo, hit ahead passes, setting guys up, pull up 3s in transition, taking charges, hustle plays for loose balls, etc. You really have to have him on your team to know how special he is. Justise would be a good fit WITH Lowry tbh. Lowry is great playing off the ball unlike CP3 and Westbrook.

Despite actually playing hard and aggressively, RW is one of my least favorite basketball players to watch. And, now he's paired with my absolutely least favorite basketball player to watch, Harden. Maybe my TV will spontaneously combust.

This! Lol. Exactly this!

Advertisement
Back