OT - Westbook traded to Houston

I don't understand how players like cp3 can make it so public how much he dislikes someone that he WORKS with

like dude you gotta WORK with this guy every DAY

like does he feel nothing at all when he walks through those gym doors and makes eye contact with harden? no discomfort? maybe he's a psychopath..

Advertisement
Oh someone def will trade for that. If someone traded for Westbrook’s, they will trade for his
Maybe. I just don't see who else has the space or another bad contract to make that trade. John Wall trade probably, maybe Minnesota put a package together that includes Wiggins. But it's more likely that he at least plays one season in OKC than get traded.

Maybe. I just don't see who else has the space or another bad contract to make that trade. John Wall trade probably, maybe Minnesota put a package together that includes Wiggins. But it's more likely that he at least plays one season in OKC than get traded.

paul and picks to miami for a bunch of waste and paul picks assets goes to wash for beal wall

If I'm Miami my next move is to trade Dragic, Olynyk and a protected first (+ 2nds maybe) for Kyle Lowry. Lowry and Butler are good friends and unlike Westbrook/CP3 Lowry was actually good last year, stays on the court, defends, etc. Why would you trade for broken down CP3's awful contract when Lowry is better and expiring?

Advertisement
I wonder If Miami can pivot to demar derozan and Lonnie walker from the spurs? If Beal is a nogo, and we get draft compensation back.

I wonder If Miami can pivot to demar derozan and Lonnie walker from the spurs?

why would the spurs attach lonnie just to move demar who is a UFA in 2021. theyre better off riding out his deal and keeping their young guys

why would the spurs attach lonnie just to move demar who is a UFA in 2021. theyre better off riding out his deal and keeping their young guys
Miami would obviously have to offer a lot to get him but I’d take that chance imo. He has next level super star ability

Advertisement
If I'm Miami my next move is to trade Dragic, Olynyk and a protected first (+ 2nds maybe) for Kyle Lowry. Lowry and Butler are good friends and unlike Westbrook/CP3 Lowry was actually good last year, stays on the court, defends, etc. Why would you trade for broken down CP3's awful contract when Lowry is better and expiring?

lowry is an expiring no? thats moving way too much for a guy who is off the books (also heat dont have any seconds to move or even first round picks till 2028).

Miami would obviously have to offer a lot to get him but I’d take that chance imo. He has next level super star ability

thats my point tho. if you think hes got that ability and the spurs who work with everyday and drafted him in the first think so, as well, why would they move him just to get rid of a soon to be expiring. we also dont have anything close to valuable (that doesnt include bam, winslow) that would be of value to SAS for the future.

43% as a volume shooter while averaging a triple double 3 years in row? CP3 isn't in the same gym as him.

Not mention westbrook is as a fierce of a competitor as they come.

hes was near dead last in true shooting WITH PG playing at an MVP level last year. i wanted russ on the heat just due to star power, but hes never been a good or even efficient shooter. CP3 shot 43% on catch and shoot 3s last year while Russ shot 31 or 32 percent.

i recommend the lowe post from a few days ago for some pretty good westbrook info and yes he knows more about basketball than any of us on here.

Advertisement
hes was near dead last in true shooting WITH PG playing at an MVP level last year. i wanted russ on the heat just due to star power, but hes never been a good or even efficient shooter. CP3 shot 43% on catch and shoot 3s last year while Russ shot 31 or 32 percent.

He's a scorer not a shooter I get that. Regardless he's a far better player at this point than cp3 contracts aside.

Could happen. I guess the question is how much "waste" is OKC willing to take in return. I don't think CP3 is worth depleting your depth over.

while true, i dont think keeping CP3 on that deal is either. if they can move him for sooner expirings on cheaper deals (not to mention, i highly doubt theyll keep paul there just out of respect for the player) then it works for OKC.

He's a scorer not a shooter I get that. Regardless he's a far better player at this point than cp3 contracts aside.

theyre both awful contracts, but hes just younger and in an NBA (and offense) that relies on shooting, its a bad fit for houston. either way, lets see if he makes any sort of improvement on his shot as its been getting worse and worse yearly. once his athleticism goes, woof. hes going to be 31 and **** have to become a shooter to continue his production esp once his athleticism starts to go. i think CP3 is a better fit in HOU but no one likes to play in that offense and CP3 would cause a headache to your team so its a win there. at least westbrook and harden like each other. i can see it working for HOU IF harden decides to become the off ball guard with Russ controlling the point.

Advertisement
theyre both awful contracts, but hes just younger and in an NBA (and offense) that relies on shooting, its a bad fit for houston. either way, lets see if he makes any sort of improvement on his shot as its been getting worse and worse yearly. once his athleticism goes, woof. hes going to be 31 and **** have to become a shooter to continue his production esp once his athleticism starts to go. i think CP3 is a better fit in HOU but no one likes to play in that offense and CP3 would cause a headache to your team so its a win there. at least westbrook and harden like each other. i can see it working for HOU IF harden decides to become the off ball guard with Russ controlling the point.
Yeah there’s no method to the madness in Houston’s offense especially with James harden doing the same sh*t every drive. Chris Paul would most likely be a better fit in Miami playing in a real system compared to houston. Plus if you look at shooting stats Paul was a far better shooter than Westbrook although I did want Westbrook a lot

Yeah there’s no method to the madness in Houston’s offense especially with James harden doing the same sh*t every drive. Chris Paul would most likely be a better fit in Miami playing in a real system compared to houston. Plus if you look at shooting stats Paul was a far better shooter than Westbrook although I did want Westbrook a lot

i just wnated the star power but knowing it would be a really tough or bad fit with butler considering the heat arent loaded up w shooters and wed have to move a shooting big just to bring him over.

Westbrook is gonna be 31 this year after having played 11 NBA seasons. He's coming off his worst shooting and least efficient season since his 2nd year in the league. Ya'll don't think this is the beginning of the decline for Westbrook? I mean Wade started to decline around 31-32, Iverson around 33. Explosive guards like that don't age very well unless they can shoot.

I don't get why people wanted him on the Heat when he's got 4 yrs 170M left on his deal. His best years are behind him. Chasing star power will have you looking like the Nets when they brought in KG, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson.

Westbrook is gonna be 31 this year after having played 11 NBA seasons. He's coming off his worst shooting and least efficient season since his 2nd year in the league. Ya'll don't think this is the beginning of the decline for Westbrook? I mean Wade started to decline around 31-32, Iverson around 33. Explosive guards like that don't age very well unless they can shoot.

I don't get why people wanted him on the Heat when he's got 4 yrs 170M left on his deal. His best years are behind him. Chasing star power will have you looking like the Nets when they brought in KG, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson.

wade was an efficient player his entire career and a better shooter. he also showed an ability to adapt. accoridng to the lowe post, they tried to get russ to adapt and nothing has worked thus far.

Advertisement
Back