OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
John Avery

Yeah, someone already mentioned him. He was a JJ pick, only played for the Dolphins for 1 year after being a FIRST ROUND draft choice. Horrendous. We ended up trading him to Denver for the guy who was drafted one spot behind Avery.

To JJ's credit, he did pick up Surtain and Mixon in the second round, but Avery was a disaster.

But then, to JJ's detriment, we originally had the 19th pick, which he traded to Green Bay for the picks that became John Avery and Charlie Batch. Green Bay took (eventual Dolphin) Vonnie Holliday at 19.

Randy Moss went 21st.

Advertisement
Lorenzo Hampton (Gaytor)
Troy Stradford
Marc Logan
Marc Higgs
Sammie Smith (SemenHole)
traded for
Bobby Humphrey
Irving Spikes
Aaron Craver
Jerris McPhail (literally, McPHAIL)
Cecil the Diesel Collins
Autry Denson
JJ Johnson

Not to mention a parade of fullbacks post-Csonka-Kiick who were not as good as Csonka or Kiick.
Pathetic and embarrassing.

Krazycane, you have said a lot of dumbsh*t but this takes the cake.... :monkey-serious: . No dwade slander is allowed. His performance in 06 his 3rd year in the league vs the mavs in the finals wasn’t a great moment? Tf are you smoking?...
This. Wade solidified himself as a star after that finals performance. buddy needs to re-watch that. He controlled the whole series. It was him, not Shaq, that won us that ring. Wade has been a polarizing figure. His work in the community is very respectable. I met Marino 2 times. He was an ******* both times. If Wade's knees don't crap out then he has an all-time type career. Marino was great, but he isn't the same as Wade.

Advertisement
How is he Hollywood? He has a bombshell of a wife who has her own bag in Gabrielle union and he’s a successful businessman and indulging in a number of ventures. Watch his life unexpected documentary that aired last night on espn, it was fantastic and well put together. Dwade been through ALOT growing up in Chicago and as an adult. Had a gun put to his head by police who told them to basically lead him to where his mom was at as a child....

im not going to judge wade about the son/daughter situation but at the end of the day love is supposed to be conditionally and unconditionally, if one of your family members happens to be ghey you are obligated to Love them the same regardless imo. Is what it is, I mean What people expect? For him to disown his son because of that? Nah man

Wade living vicariously through his son I always thought he was *** but this confirms it. He turned his son into a *** transexual talking about he knew his son was *** when he was 3 yrs old, that’s some pedophile ****. And Gabrielle Union is just the typical female Hollywood weirdo that has a fixation on turning black boys into girls like Charlize Theron.

Last edited:
Anybody that thinks Wade is a top 3 SG all time is on crack

Me:
source.gif

Advertisement
Bennett is one of the many FBs I mentioned. I tried to limit it to TBs who got the majority of the carries for the Dolphins.

I realize that not every QB has a perfect team with a ton of weapons. But it was just amazing how poorly the Dolphins did with trying to find a TB to complement Marino. How could you NOT gain rushing yardage behind Sims and Webb?

And don't even get me started on the moment that I lost faith in Don Shula, the year that Neon Deion was available, the Dolphins needed a defensive upgrade, and...instead we made Eric Green the highest paid tight end IN NFL HISTORY when we had a perfectly good K-Jack in the lineup.

Instead, Neon Deion went to the Cowboys and they won the Super Bowl.

And the next year, JJ cut Eric Green.
One thing I'll always hold against Marino is the lack of a push made by him to bring in a legit running game. He was never adamantly "banging on the table" for a very good RB let alone an elite one. I could be wrong but I always took that stance as a sign of his unwillingness to share in the glory. Danny wanted rings but not at the expense of himself being reason #1A or #2(see John Elway) why. While Marino is an All-time Great, his own pride & selfishness kept him from getting the ring(s) that would've undoubtedly made him the Greatest Ever...

For y'all who love to mention Shaq with the '06 title(even though he got castrated by "Ericka" Dampier in the Finals), y'all do realize Wade was the leading scorer for every year that Shaq wore a Heat uni? But he's always been a #2 guy? GATFWOH!!!!

One thing I'll always hold against Marino is the lack of a push made by him to bring in a legit running game. He was never adamantly "banging on the table" for a very good RB let alone an elite one. I could be wrong but I always took that stance as a sign of his unwillingness to share in the glory. Danny wanted rings but not at the expense of himself being reason #1A or #2(see John Elway) why. While Marino is an All-time Great, his own pride & selfishness kept him from getting the ring(s) that would've undoubtedly made him the Greatest Ever...
I could be wrong but I don't think players had that kind of bargaining power back then, like they do now, especially in the NFL. Also, whose table was he going to bang on? Don Shula's??? Shula was a God back then.

Advertisement
I could be wrong but I don't think players had that kind of bargaining power back then, like they do now, especially in the NFL. Also, whose table was he going to bang on? Don Shula's??? Shula was a God back then.
If Shula was a God then Marino was his Only Begotten Son. Players as a whole may not have had that kind of bargaining power back then but Marino and the Fins were definitely an exception to the rule...

imagine seriously believing that after Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan, Dwyane Wade is next.

:jordan:

Wade living vicariously through his son I always thought he was *** but this confirms it. He turned his son into a *** transexual talking about he knew his son was *** when he was 3 yrs old, that’s some pedophile ****. And Gabrielle Union is just the typical female Hollywood weirdo that has a fixation on turning black boys into girls like Charlize Theron.
This the exact same **** I be saying to my boys.

Advertisement
How is he Hollywood? He has a bombshell of a wife who has her own bag in Gabrielle union and he’s a successful businessman and indulging in a number of ventures. Watch his life unexpected documentary that aired last night on espn, it was fantastic and well put together. Dwade been through ALOT growing up in Chicago and as an adult. Had a gun put to his head by police who told them to basically lead him to where his mom was at as a child....

im not going to judge wade about the son/daughter situation but at the end of the day love is supposed to be conditionally and unconditionally, if one of your family members happens to be ghey you are obligated to Love them the same regardless imo. Is what it is, I mean What people expect? For him to disown his son because of that? Nah man

Hey, I love the guy. I just think he's gotten weird since he retired. As for his kid, my point is how it was handled not whether he loves him or not, the whole announcement thing etc. was a bit much IMO.

Hard to evaluate. Marino always came off as a "nice guy", not really making any frustrations public. Not sure if he pushed hard or not for getting a RB to help him, though one would imagine that he saw what happened with Elway when the Broncos got Terrell Davis.

In his playing days, the Dolphins used 3 first round draft choices on RB, a couple of seconds (though both were in 1999 with JJ Johnson and Rob Konrad), three thirds, and a couple of fourths.

Maybe someone can recall if the Dolphins sat out any major free agent signings of RBs from 1984-1999. I seem to recall a lot more guys being willing to leave their long-time first teams after Reggie White signed with GB in 1993.

Also not sure what could have popped up on trades. We all remember the Sammie Smith for Bobby Humphrey trade, which bombed for both the Dolphins and Broncos. The Marshall Faulk trade didn't happen until Marino's final year in the NFL. I guess the Dolphins could have made a play for Jerome Bettis.

Advertisement
Back