OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
8-10 in the playoffs, lost His last 2 playoff games by a whopping 100-10.

Marino was a great physical talent, but was dumb AF and a proverbial choke artist in the post season.

LOL, I remember Eric McMillan of the Jets used to pimp His dumb ***.

Advertisement
The disrespect for D Wade the player is unreal. He was literally the best player in the world in 2006, and from 2008-11. His 06 Finals and 11 Finals were rated by ESPN as two of the best in history.

As a man, the success got to his head when Lebitch came and he became a primma donna...it is what it is.

Dwayne Wade is an attention-***** and a weird diva, possibly a closeted homosexual, but he's responsible for bringing more titles and playoff wins to this town than any other player we've ever had.

Unfortunately Dan Marino’s legacy is that one guy doesn’t do it alone. I grew up watching Dan Marino pull out games for the Dolphins with no running game or a defense in an era where you needed both to win. Watching his highlights today I’m in awe. I couldn’t appreciate it as a kid. How he could throw a pass thirty yards down field on a rope and fit into such a right window. Wade gets his first ring because the Mavericks were so worried about Shaq that Wade was able to go off. Then he’s able to lure Lebron and Bosh down here, but that doesn’t happen without a great GM in Riley to make it happen and get the role players around them to be hoist two more trophies. Shula was a great coach, but not the greatest evaluator of talent. Shula had a GM drafting players on the 70’s. When it was on him, the Dolphins took a step back.

It was bound to happen. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all have the same agent, they planned to join in Miami instead of Toronto/Cleveland because the market in success is much larger here.

The Haterade on this site never fails to impress. I swear some of you just can't help but die
on the dumbest hills-- is it too much Lebatard?

There are two separate conversations, who has more success relative to others at their position and who was more relevant to Miami sports.

Both were iconic here in their times, but Wade won championships. That's the end of the Miami discussion. You guys go on and on that all that matters at UM is winning ' ships, but you give Marino a pass against a guy who has rings.

As for their respective positions, Marino is probably regarded as being a higher ranked all-time QB then Wade is at G, but again, Wade has more rings than a number of players, "ranked higher" overall. Marino has the opposite problem, everyone ranked around him got the ring.

Advertisement
Sup fellas. I love Dwyane Wade like you wouldn't believe and respect everything he's accomplished and done for Miami. With that said, who is the bigger Miami sports icon: Wade or Marino? Wade got them rings, but Marino was arguably the most talented passer of his era. I don't know why but Marino to me had this ethereal quality that Wade just doesn't have, kind of the same ethereal/superhuman quality that Sean Taylor had. To me, he is still the greatest professional athlete of all time to call the 3-0-5 his home. I'm curious as to what others think. Thanks for your time. ✌🏽
Wade and it’s not even close!

it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.
KrazyCane living up to his name

no order but here is a list of SGs better than DWade.... MJ, Kobe, AI, TMac, Vince Carter, James Harden, Klay Thompson, Jason Richardson, Ray Allen, Jimmy Butler, Adam Lavine, Andre Iguodala, Clyde Drexler, Brandon Ingram, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Manu Ginobli, Reggie Miller, George Gervin I’m sure I could keep going but u get it.
Mutha****a named the lead singer for Maroon 5. Argument Null and Void...

Advertisement
Agree with this, dude has gone Hollywood in a big way, also the BS with his son...really WTF?
How is he Hollywood? He has a bombshell of a wife who has her own bag in Gabrielle union and he’s a successful businessman and indulging in a number of ventures. Watch his life unexpected documentary that aired last night on espn, it was fantastic and well put together. Dwade been through ALOT growing up in Chicago and as an adult. Had a gun put to his head by police who told them to basically lead him to where his mom was at as a child....

im not going to judge wade about the son/daughter situation but at the end of the day love is supposed to be conditionally and unconditionally, if one of your family members happens to be ghey you are obligated to Love them the same regardless imo. Is what it is, I mean What people expect? For him to disown his son because of that? Nah man

Last edited:
Wade EXCEPT for any Hurricane from the glory years, and every Fin from the Perfect Season. But if you narrow it down to one person, Wade is newer and has those rings; Griese also has two rings and the finish of a one of a kind season -- but it was long long ago. And then there is Shula. I've never been into the Marino thing because of no rings --- it matters. DWade is cool, big and now but Don Shula is the man that broke open Miami and sports period.

Shula was huge before he got here. It cost part ownership to get him out of Baltimore - 15% if I recall. All he did was go to 5 Super Bowls with Fins, winning two and the one of a kind Perfect Season. His offense from that team is basically all in the NFL HOF and the No Name defense held the points against record in the NFL until Pray Lewis's Raven-- one **** of a long time. He stayed and made a home here. Oh, one more thing, it is because of him that a certain buy by the name of Howard was here to be taken starting a college run that is historic. That seals it for me. Heat and Marlins have done good but both are follow ups to Shula. And he serves a **** fine steak.

How is he Hollywood? He has a bombshell of a wife who has her own bag in Gabrielle union and he’s a successful businessman and indulging in a number of ventures. Watch his life unexpected documentary that aired last night on espn, it was fantastic and well put together. Dwade been through ALOT growing up in Chicago and as an adult. Had a gun put to his head by police who told them to basically lead him to where his mom was at as a child....

im not going to judge wade about the son/daughter situation but at the end of the day love is supposed to be conditionally and unconditionally, if one of your family members happens to be ghey you are obligated to Love them the same regardless imo. Is what it is, I mean What people expect? For him to disown his son because of that? Nah man
My $.02 is that the situation with the son is more fueled by the wife than Wade himself. Other than that, I make no commentary.

Advertisement
Marino wins this and it's not close. Every year Marino was QB there was legitimate hope for the Super Bowl. It's just that back then he played with some of the worst RBs and worst defenses of any player in any era. That is not hyperbole. Marino played with **** RBs like Karim Abdul-Jabbar, Bernie Parmalee, and Terry Kirby. Those are the RBs I can actually remember. Come to think about it, he played with some scrub named John Avery, too.

Marino's defenses consisted of trash like JB Brown, Jeff Cross, and Louis Oliver....as mainstays of the defense! It was an embarrassment that the team never surrounded him with an adequate RB or defense. And to be honest, once Duper and Clayton retired, it was very spotty at WR in the mid/late 90's. He played with an old Irving Fryar, a slow Oronde Gadsden, and a hodgepodge of other subpar WRs. If the Miami defense of the early 2000s (Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Brock Marion, Daryl Gardener, Tim Bowens, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, etc) had played with Marino in his prime, Marino would have had a title. Facts.

Lorenzo Hampton (Gaytor)
Troy Stradford
Marc Logan
Marc Higgs
Sammie Smith (SemenHole)
traded for
Bobby Humphrey
Irving Spikes
Aaron Craver
Jerris McPhail (literally, McPHAIL)
Cecil the Diesel Collins
Autry Denson
JJ Johnson

Not to mention a parade of fullbacks post-Csonka-Kiick who were not as good as Csonka or Kiick.

Lorenzo Hampton (Gaytor)
Troy Stradford
Marc Logan
Marc Higgs
Sammie Smith (SemenHole)
traded for
Bobby Humphrey
Irving Spikes
Aaron Craver
Cecil the Diesel Collins
Autry Denson
JJ Johnson

Not to mention a parade of fullbacks post-Csonka-Kiick who were not as good as Csonka or Kiick.
**** my cousin is the first name on that sad *** list...

A lot of ave players in all sports have rings because the overall team was very good. Rings are won by teams not individuals. A lot of great players never won a ring because the team was not good enough.

Advertisement
Lorenzo Hampton (Gaytor)
Troy Stradford
Marc Logan
Marc Higgs
Sammie Smith (SemenHole)
traded for
Bobby Humphrey
Irving Spikes
Aaron Craver
Cecil the Diesel Collins
Autry Denson
JJ Johnson

Woody Bennett

Lorenzo Hampton (Gaytor)
Troy Stradford
Marc Logan
Marc Higgs
Sammie Smith (SemenHole)
traded for
Bobby Humphrey
Irving Spikes
Aaron Craver
Cecil the Diesel Collins
Autry Denson
JJ Johnson

John Avery

Woody Bennett

Bennett is one of the many FBs I mentioned. I tried to limit it to TBs who got the majority of the carries for the Dolphins.

I realize that not every QB has a perfect team with a ton of weapons. But it was just amazing how poorly the Dolphins did with trying to find a TB to complement Marino. How could you NOT gain rushing yardage behind Sims and Webb?

And don't even get me started on the moment that I lost faith in Don Shula, the year that Neon Deion was available, the Dolphins needed a defensive upgrade, and...instead we made Eric Green the highest paid tight end IN NFL HISTORY when we had a perfectly good K-Jack in the lineup.

Instead, Neon Deion went to the Cowboys and they won the Super Bowl.

And the next year, JJ cut Eric Green.

Advertisement
Back