OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Advertisement
harden is inefficient ball dominant player who plays no D. Wade is way better imo.

last shot is different all together. Wade is historically better than Shuttleworth as all around player.

Wade was a liability on defense and offense when Lebron was carrying him. Harden and Ray Allen in his prime are miles better and would embarrass him1 on 1.

The NFL rates Marino as the 7th best QB of all time. Of the six better than Marino, three of them had careers in the generation after Marino. Wade is probably top 25 at his position and was never the best in the game during his career.

If you think Wade is "probably top 25 at his position" then you immediately should have your moderator privileges revoked. My god man, where is your objectivity?? It's posts like this that can turn you into one of the biggest laughing stocks on this forum. And No..Marino is not a top 7 QB of all time, I don't care what some random NFL survey says. I can name 10 right now off the top of my head that are better than him.

Last edited:
Football is America’s #1 sport.

Marino was the absolute best pure passer of all time.

Case Closed.
With Miami being a football town, I think it definitely hurts Wade that he played basketball and helps Marino that he played football. Both were amazing players. Marino just seemed more of the once-a-generation type player than Wade, more like LeBron even.

His lack of rings is forgiven because of his unquestionable loyalty to Miami (Wade couldve stayed!) and because he dominated the game of football BEFORE all the QB-friendly rule changes, and before even the spread took over the NFL. Imagine what Marino would do in the NFL today???

Football is also more of a team sport than basketball. In basketball, one player is automatically 20% of the team (1 out of 5 players on the court). In football one player makes up less than 5% of the team, and that's not even counting special teams. That means so much more has to go right in order to win a ship, and Marino just never had the luck to play on a complete team like Wade did. Despite that, Marino's statistical accolades outshine Wade's.

So yeah, case closed. Dan is still king of Miami until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
The NFL rates Marino as the 7th best QB of all time. Of the six better than Marino, three of them had careers in the generation after Marino. Wade is probably top 25 at his position and was never the best in the game during his career.

What type of dope are you smoking up there in GA?.....probably...probably???.... The ninja is top 3 at his position...planted right behind KOBE.

Easily dwade for me , 3 nba rings and a recruiting magnet for the franchise, still is. Played a hand in bringing the best player in the league at the time in his prime to Miami and we got to experience that. No Fan of another team can say their franchise got to experience prime leBron which was a sight to behold let’s be real. We can thank wade for that. Don’t disrespect the 3rd best shooting guard of all time like that...

LeBron was in his prime for 10 year and still may be in his prime.

The only reason Wade surpasses Marino is because Boomers are dying. Most of Miami sports fans don’t remember Marino.

I struggle with where Brees belongs and don't know how to evaluate Unitas and Graham. Outside of Brady, some of these other guys were lucky to have loaded teams help them earn rings.
The game and the rules have changed too much to compare any players now. Can you imagine Johnny U playing under these rules.?? Don't touch me, let me throw the ball away, on field 30 second clock, receivers that have sticky gloves and it goes on.

LeBron was in his prime for 10 year and still may be in his prime.

The only reason Wade surpasses Marino is because Boomers are dying. Most of Miami sports fans don’t remember Marino.
There isn't a current bb players that knows how to dribble a ball and not travel. Game is for showmanship now

Advertisement
no order but here is a list of SGs better than DWade.... MJ, Kobe, AI, TMac, Vince Carter, James Harden, Klay Thompson, Jason Richardson, Ray Allen, Jimmy Butler, Adam Lavine, Andre Iguodala, Clyde Drexler, Brandon Ingram, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Manu Ginobli, Reggie Miller, George Gervin I’m sure I could keep going but u get it.

AI? so a guy that shot like 42% for his career, while being a terrible defender and averaging pretty similar ppg while having much worse everything else and 5x worse defense gets the nod?

guy, idk what you're on but man...

it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.

You. Are. A. *******. Troll.

Better pay up our bet.

Advertisement
AI? so a guy that shot like 42% for his career, while being a terrible defender and averaging pretty similar ppg while having much worse everything else and 5x worse defense gets the nod?

guy, idk what you're on but man...

he’s trolling, his list is trash and he knows jack about basketball

he’s trolling, his list is trash and he knows jack about basketball
In most cases, if you find yourself aligned on the side of krazycane in an argument then you need to reevaluate your position on it immediately because at that point you are 99.99% wrong, those the rules

Last edited:
it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.
You're crazy. Before his microfracture surgery he was insane.

Advertisement
Sup fellas. I love Dwyane Wade like you wouldn't believe and respect everything he's accomplished and done for Miami. With that said, who is the bigger Miami sports icon: Wade or Marino? Wade got them rings, but Marino was arguably the most talented passer of his era. I don't know why but Marino to me had this ethereal quality that Wade just doesn't have, kind of the same ethereal/superhuman quality that Sean Taylor had. To me, he is still the greatest professional athlete of all time to call the 3-0-5 his home. I'm curious as to what others think. Thanks for your time. ✌🏽
Why does it have to be one over the other? They are both great in their own game. Best of the best in Miami and Miami is thankful to have two such iconic legends that will live forever. For those that want to debate it is just flat out stupid.

lol Wade was trash before Lebron came and saved his career. He was lazy there were rumors Pat Riley was about to trade him. Before Lebron the last time the Heat were relevant at all in the NBA was when Shaq carried Wade with Alonzo, Gary Payton, and Antoine Walker all on the most loaded roster in the NBA at the time. Soon as Shaq was done, Wade couldn’t even carry the Heat in the sorry East by himself...couldn’t even carry the Heat to be a playoff threat let along a conference finals threat.

Just a wild left field guess... But did D-Wade fvck your boyfriend? Asking for a friend.

You ain’t never disappointed. You’re like the Skip Bayless of this board. Except Skip gets paid for everyone to laugh at him.

Advertisement
Back