OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23667

Sup fellas. I love Dwyane Wade like you wouldn't believe and respect everything he's accomplished and done for Miami. With that said, who is the bigger Miami sports icon: Wade or Marino? Wade got them rings, but Marino was arguably the most talented passer of his era. I don't know why but Marino to me had this ethereal quality that Wade just doesn't have, kind of the same ethereal/superhuman quality that Sean Taylor had. To me, he is still the greatest professional athlete of all time to call the 3-0-5 his home. I'm curious as to what others think. Thanks for your time. ✌🏽

Advertisement
Easily dwade for me , 3 nba rings and a recruiting magnet for the franchise, still is. Played a hand in bringing the best player in the league at the time in his prime to Miami and we got to experience that. No Fan of another team can say their franchise got to experience prime leBron which was a sight to behold let’s be real. We can thank wade for that. Don’t disrespect the 3rd best shooting guard of all time like that...

Last edited:
Sup fellas. I love Dwyane Wade like you wouldn't believe and respect everything he's accomplished and done for Miami. With that said, who is the bigger Miami sports icon: Wade or Marino? Wade got them rings, but Marino was arguably the most talented passer of his era. I don't know why but Marino to me had this ethereal quality that Wade just doesn't have, kind of the same ethereal/superhuman quality that Sean Taylor had. To me, he is still the greatest professional athlete of all time to call the 3-0-5 his home. I'm curious as to what others think. Thanks for your time. ✌🏽

In Marino's favor, he never left Miami for another team, and he opened multiple restaurants. However, he never won the Super Bowl and he had the misfortune of playing when UM was winning multiple national championships.

Don Shula.

Advertisement
In Marino's favor, he never left Miami for another team, and he opened multiple restaurants. However, he never won the Super Bowl and he had the misfortune of playing when UM was winning multiple national championships.
Why is winning a SB such a qualifying factor? KC Jones, Cane center has a SB ring. On the Denver Broncos rooster when they won the SB. he never played a snap the whole year

D-Wade! Marino brought excitement and hope but he never won a championship. Wade brought us 3. He recruited Lebron and formed the Heatles. Miami has always rocked but not like it did during the Wade era. The city also rocked during the Canes heyday but the world turned in to see the Heatles!

Last edited:
it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.

Why is winning a SB such a qualifying factor? KC Jones, Cane center has a SB ring. On the Denver Broncos rooster when they won the SB. he never played a snap the whole year
The question was “who is a bigger sports icon”. It’s hard to be an ICON without a ring although I believe Marino accomplished that. It should be a qualifier when comparing two legends.

Advertisement

Football is the ultimate team sport. I think super Bowls are definitely overvalued when it comes to discussing the individual greats of the sport.

Advertisement
it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.
Krazycane, you have said a lot of dumbsh*t but this takes the cake.... :monkey-serious: . No dwade slander is allowed. His performance in 06 his 3rd year in the league vs the mavs in the finals wasn’t a great moment? Tf are you smoking?...

This was, is and always will be John Vanbiesbrouck's town.

Screenshot_20200221-142441_Gallery.jpg

Man, Dwade might be my all time favorite player in any sport, but I give the nod to Marino as the bigger Miami icon. Yes, Wade has the rings and the swag, but Wade was never really a Miami lifer. You always kinda had the sense in the back of his head that he was just passing through.

Advertisement

He asked who was the bigger icon, not "qualifying factor", and Wade brought 3 rings to Miami. I would simply say that with the Dolphins past Super Bowl history, Marino would be an even bigger icon if he brought the Lombardi Trophy back to Miami during his playing days.

Just my opinion.

Krazycane, you have said a lot of dumbsh*t but this takes the cake.... :monkey-serious: . No dwade slander is allowed. His performance in 06 his 3rd year in the league vs the mavs in the finals wasn’t a great moment? Tf are you smoking?...
D Wade is the 3rd greatest shooting guard of all time.

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Wade

I'm not sure how there's even any debate. He will be a first ballot, unanimous hall of famer.

Man, Dwade might be my all time favorite player in any sport, but I give the nod to Marino as the bigger Miami icon. Yes, Wade has the rings and the swag, but Wade was never really a Miami lifer. You always kinda had the sense in the back of his head that he was just passing through.
I never Got that sense man lol. Wade loves Miami, business just got in the way which is why he left for Chicago. The heat did him wrong but good thing they brought him back. Wade had more impact on his team and the city of Miami and he was the most successful player, dwade is the #3 shooting guard ever in the nba behind Jordan and Kobe

I never Got that sense man lol. Wade loves Miami, business just got in the way which is why he left for Chicago. The heat did him wrong but good thing they brought him back. Wade had more impact on his team and the city of Miami and he was the most successful player, dwade is the #3 shooting guard ever in the nba behind Jordan and Kobe
Wasn't even talking about him leaving to play for Chicago. That was the Heat's fault. I'm just talking in general. He spent a good chunk of his offseason in Chicago or LA, and he got up and moved to LA as soon as he retired. Not questioning his love for the city which is immense, just his desire to make it his home.

Advertisement
Back