OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
lol Wade was trash before Lebron came and saved his career. He was lazy there were rumors Pat Riley was about to trade him. Before Lebron the last time the Heat were relevant at all in the NBA was when Shaq carried Wade with Alonzo, Gary Payton, and Antoine Walker all on the most loaded roster in the NBA at the time. Soon as Shaq was done, Wade couldn’t even carry the Heat in the sorry East by himself...couldn’t even carry the Heat to be a playoff threat let along a conference finals threat.

You’re a crazy person.

Advertisement
I’m tired of your sh*t bruh real talk. You really trying to sh*t on the 3rd best shooting guard of all time? They carried wade huh?
View attachment 112238
View attachment 112236

lol y’all really be hyping that weak *** finals performance to death bc that’s the only time in his career where he left some sort of memorable mark. I remember the refs putting Wade on the free throw line the entire finals after the Mavs got the lead to help them win the series.

The team with Shaq being the anchor allowed Wade to be the one year wonder he was in a watered down season. Without Shaq, Wade don’t make it to the finals in 06 bc he couldn’t even make the playoffs without him.

Last edited:
lol at the idea that Wade was anywhere near Allen Iversons level... AI is a top 3 SG in history no debate. Wade not even top 10, nobody is taking him over Klay Thompson definitely not over James Harden.

Who cares?

They were both great players.

Marino is about as good as I've seen at the QB position.

Carved up the '85 Bears - with ease.

Very quick decision maker, very quick release and a very strong arm.

The Bears crushed everyone else and are still the best NFL defense that's ever been for my eyes.

Sup fellas. I love Dwyane Wade like you wouldn't believe and respect everything he's accomplished and done for Miami. With that said, who is the bigger Miami sports icon: Wade or Marino? Wade got them rings, but Marino was arguably the most talented passer of his era. I don't know why but Marino to me had this ethereal quality that Wade just doesn't have, kind of the same ethereal/superhuman quality that Sean Taylor had. To me, he is still the greatest professional athlete of all time to call the 3-0-5 his home. I'm curious as to what others think. Thanks for your time. ✌🏽

Advertisement
lol Wade was never that good. You’re not a superstar If ur team sucks in the East and can’t even make the playoffs without riding a real superstars coattail.

Seriously?

Wads was an excellent player. Even just last year he was very good. (Albeit not what he once was.)

Nobody argues Wade is Lebron caliber. But Lebron is the best NBA player since Mike Jordan.

it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.
This very well could be the absolute dumbest post in the history of CIS except for maybe the billboard idiots. DWADE had one of the greatest finals performances of any player in the history of the NBA!

Advertisement
This very well could be the absolute dumbest post in the history of CIS except for maybe the billboard idiots. DWADE had one of the greatest finals performances of any player in the history of the NBA!
His name is krazycane for a reason, we forget that far too often

How many people on this board were even old enough to remember when Marino played here?
Saw every home game he ever played. When he retired my heart sunk and I lost interest in the Dolphins even though I’m still a season ticket holder to this day. Stupid Dolphins could have had a shot at another great QB but decided winning a few meaningless games was more important. LOL

Very difficult to compare athletes across eras.

Remember, social media didn't exist during Marino's days with Dolphins.

If D Wade played in NBA back then, few would remember his name today.

Not a dig at Wade, just is.

Advertisement
no order but here is a list of SGs better than DWade.... MJ, Kobe, AI, TMac, Vince Carter, James Harden, Klay Thompson, Jason Richardson, Ray Allen, Jimmy Butler, Adam Lavine, Andre Iguodala, Clyde Drexler, Brandon Ingram, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Manu Ginobli, Reggie Miller, George Gervin I’m sure I could keep going but u get it.

Jaylen Brown?
Adam Levine?
Andre Iguodala?
Jason Richardson?

Come on man, you're forgetting Harold Miner.

Love Wade. But to me it would be Marino.
For those that weren’t around or don’t remember watching Marino play, it was magical growing up in Miami and seeing him on Sundays.

No other way to describe it. It was what everyone would talk about. “Hey, did you see that throw!!” Epic comebacks. Playoffs and winning every year.

Throws that he would make that would leave you amazed at the huge balls he had to even think about throwing the football.

Now I understand the old timers that used to call QAM in the 80’s going on and on about Babe Ruth. I totally get it now.

That is exactly what it feels like talking about Marino today.

Love wade but i have to say Dan Marino, Marino didnt have the teams wade did. the dolphins were good because of Marino, playoffs because of Marino. whens the last time the Phins were relevant? the last year Marino played. Marino was the Miami Dolphins

Advertisement
lol at the idea that Wade was anywhere near Allen Iversons level... AI is a top 3 SG in history no debate. Wade not even top 10, nobody is taking him over Klay Thompson definitely not over James Harden.

I'd take his brand new daughter of James Harden

Wade is probably the biggest Miami pro athlete ever. Was peak Wade a better basketball player than peak Marino was at football? Not sure about that. The fact is one has won three championships and the other has none. I’m well aware that it’s a team sport and it’s not Marino’s fault he never won one. But in an argument so close, you have to look at every determining factor. Maybe if the Dolphins had been a somewhat functional organization, Dan could be rocking some rings but his greatness masked a ton of coaching and organizational problems with that franchise.

Advertisement
Back