OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
the difference is Kobe was an alpha that carried his own weight and Wade just took credit off the backs of real superstar talent that carried him While he was too busy painting his nails aand modeling with female clothes on instead of working on that brick he had for a jump shot
lol Wade lead the league in scoring for a season w/o Shaq or Bron. He averaged 30 ppg in the playoffs after Shaq left.

Those aint bum numbers.

Advertisement
Wade for me. As we’ve hit the 20s, his game is remembered more considering Marino retired in the 90s. Being a football town that Miami is, I think is remarkable that Wade made basketball the main sports attraction when he suited up.

Anyone who thinks Wade isn't a top 3 SG of all time is seriously smokin some good Crack. The differences between him, MJ & Kobe is actually a lot less than what separates him and the 4th & 5th SGs of all time, and that's a fact.

Though Football is the ultimate team game, the QB position is also one of the most important in sports, and that is why Super Bowls matter when judging a QBs legacy. The fact that Marino never won one is absolutely a knock against him anyway you slice it.

Last edited:
the difference is Kobe was an alpha that carried his own weight and Wade just took credit off the backs of real superstar talent that carried him While he was too busy painting his nails aand modeling with female clothes on instead of working on that brick he had for a jump shot

Kobe was a 1st team All-NBA 15 times. Wade was 1st All-NBA 2 times.

Look I didn't say the guy sucked. I compared him to John Smoltz who is an HOF pitcher. Smoltz won one Cy Young and had a playoff record of 15-4.

Look I didn't say the guy sucked. I compared him to John Smoltz who is an HOF pitcher. Smoltz won one Cy Young and had a playoff record of 15-4.

That's because him & Kobe were battling for position on those All-Nba teams. For a decade plus they were 1 & 2 at their position in the entire league. When you judge an all-time great's legacy you have to closely examine the era in which they play in, and their primary competition during that time. That's how you place this discussion into proper context, and interject nuance.

Also, you say that Wade would've never won rings without Lebron or Shaq. But last time I checked who was the Finals MVP when he played with Shaq? Who was the closer on those Heat teams when he played with Lebron? So if anything you have it backwards. The bottom line is those players would've never won Rings without D-Wade, who when it's all said and done will go down as one of the most underrated players in NBA history.

Last edited:
Advertisement
no order but here is a list of SGs better than DWade.... MJ, Kobe, AI, TMac, Vince Carter, James Harden, Klay Thompson, Jason Richardson, Ray Allen, Jimmy Butler, Adam Lavine, Andre Iguodala, Clyde Drexler, Brandon Ingram, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Manu Ginobli, Reggie Miller, George Gervin I’m sure I could keep going but u get it.

Terrible troll attempt

That's because him & Kobe were battling for position on those All-Nba teams. For a decade plus they were 1 & 2 at their position in the entire league. When you judge an all-time great's legacy you have to closely examine the era in which they play in, and their primary competition during that time. That's how you place this discussion into proper context, and interject nuance.

Also, you say that Wade would've never rings without Lebron or Shaq. But last time I checked who was the Finals MVP when he played with Shaq? Who was the closer on those Heat teams when he played with Lebron? So I think you have it backwards. The bottom line is those players would've never won Rings without D-Wade, one of the most underrated players in NBA history.

Both years that Wade was 1st All-NBA so was Kobe.

Both years that Wade was 1st All-NBA so was Kobe.

The NBA during the course of Wade's career also transitioned into a PG driven league. As a result a lot of those All-NBA team selections had more PGs than SGs. Kobe's selection often times eliminated Wade

The NBA during the course of Wade's career also transitioned into a PG driven league. As a result a lot of those All-NBA team selections had more PGs than SGs. Kobe's selection often times eliminated Wade

All-NBA teams select 2 guards, regardless of shooting or point. Wade was 2nd team All-team 3 times, with 2 of those times Kobe being 1st team. At most Kobe cost Wade two 1st team All-NBA, and that assumes that Wade was the best guard on the 2nd team.

Advertisement

Kobe was first team only 11 times and his record wo Shaq or Gasol is pretty moribund. No one is arguing Wade was better, but alot of these knocks against Wade could be applied to kobe as well.

Kobe was first team only 11 times and his record wo Shaq or Gasol is pretty moribund. No one is arguing Wade was better, but alot of these knocks against Wade could be applied to kobe as well.

My bad, I misread Kobe's total. Kobe was 1st team 11 times as you pointed out.

Advertisement
The NFL rates Marino as the 7th best QB of all time. Of the six better than Marino, three of them had careers in the generation after Marino. Wade is probably top 25 at his position and was never the best in the game during his career.

The Shula/Griese/Csonka/Marino/Marks brothers legacy is by far bigger. Wade is a Miami legend, but the Heat never meant as much to Miami as the Dolphins did until they got rid of Shula.

Advertisement
Frank Gore tops them both. He is the greatest football player of all time.

The NFL rates Marino as the 7th best QB of all time. Of the six better than Marino, three of them had careers in the generation after Marino. Wade is probably top 25 at his position and was never the best in the game during his career.
Wade won 3 titles while competing for 5 of them, Marino never won nothing.....

Dwade was the best in the game when he won the scoring championship in 08-09 and should have probably won the mvp. He’s one of the youngest stars to accomplish what he did almost going to the finals losing 3-4 in the eastern conference finals in 05 his second season and then leading his team and ultimately winning the finals in 06 his 3rd season with one of the greatest finals series performances ever . Wade is behind just Jordan and kobe at his position.... do you know how great that is?

saying he was “never the best in the game in his career”, is such a frivolous statement when wade was competing against arguably the #2 and #3 players ALL TIME IN THE NBA in Kobe Bryant and lebron James whichever ranking you have them.... wade is “probably” top 25 at his position? How about top 3 behind Jordan and Kobe... you sounding like krazycane man smh

Last edited:
Wade is one of the greatest of all time, but Marino is the bigger legend here. The Dolphins are far more important than the Heat and Marino was a better football player than Wade was a basketball player. Some people just don't get how good Marino actually was.

Advertisement
Back