OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Advertisement
Maybe a good question is NBA vs NFL vs MLB? Who is a greater legend in the Boston area, Larry Bird or Tom Brady? Chicago, Jordan vs Payton?

Likely an individual choice based on favorite sport, age, and currency bias.

Lol. Only this forum could list Harden as a better player than Wade. The same Harden that was non-existent in the NBA Finals with the same number of years in the league as Wade when he carried his team on his back for a trophy.

Harden is miles better than Wade ever was at any point in his career and he never carried anybody. When the Heat had to rely on him they ended up drafting Michael Beasley with the 2nd overall pick.

Did I really just read that ‘06 Heat team was stacked? Lol it was a hastily thrown together group of washed up guys, old timers, or selfish players that outgrew their welcome where they were before.

fat old Shaq that was on the bench in foul trouble 90% of the time, kidney disease Zo,oldass Gary Payton, tippytoe 3 selfishass Antoine walker airballing from 30 feet, jayson Williams who the kings chose Bibby over. It’s a testament to wade that team won a ring.

I also read Wade wouldn’t have made the finals that year without Shaq.Duh wtf kind of argument is that.Kobe wouldn’t have had a 3peat without him so? Fact is they won the finals that year and wade wasfinals mvp 34ppg enough said

what a laughable list of “better SG’s”clearly the work of a troll who’s not from Miami dislikes Wade and the Heat because he wishes he was from the 305

consensus 3rd best SG all time

Advertisement
I will take a prime Hardin over a prime Wade. Obviously Hardin needs to keep up his current pace for a few more years. I rather have Ray Allen take a game-winning shot compared to Wade.
Boy stahp 🤣

Another thing were discounting with Wade is his defense. Very rarely saw him get in shootouts w an opposing SG, and he actually has more shot blocks than any other guard in NBA history.

I cant remember the last time 50 shots a game Harden ever played defense. Harden ain't even the best Shooting Guard RIGHT NOW. He certainly wasnt playing defense when he was guarding Wade in the NBA Finals.

Boy stahp 🤣

Another thing were discounting with Wade is his defense. Very rarely saw him get in shootouts w an opposing SG, and he actually has more shot blocks than any other guard in NBA history.

I cant remember the last time 50 shots a game Harden ever played defense. Harden ain't even the best Shooting Guard RIGHT NOW. He certainly wasnt playing defense when he was guarding Wade in the NBA Finals.
Krazycane said wade never had great moments lol

DWade shot 97 free throws in the 2006 finals 🤦‍♂️
96A0346F-9811-460C-90AC-D5837A9D47A5.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.

WTF? GTFO! Top 3-5 all time SG

Sup fellas. I love Dwyane Wade like you wouldn't believe and respect everything he's accomplished and done for Miami. With that said, who is the bigger Miami sports icon: Wade or Marino? Wade got them rings, but Marino was arguably the most talented passer of his era. I don't know why but Marino to me had this ethereal quality that Wade just doesn't have, kind of the same ethereal/superhuman quality that Sean Taylor had. To me, he is still the greatest professional athlete of all time to call the 3-0-5 his home. I'm curious as to what others think. Thanks for your time. ✌🏽
Marino by a long shot. Duane Union is a talented punk.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Harden is miles better than Wade ever was at any point in his career and he never carried anybody. When the Heat had to rely on him they ended up drafting Michael Beasley with the 2nd overall pick.
Starting 42 out of 82 games that season might have had something to do with it, I'd bet...

But then next season he lead the NBA in scoring, 3rd in VoRP, 3rd in offensive +/-, 14th in defensive win shares, 3rd in overall +/-, 4th in WS/48, and 2nd in PER (higher than Harden this season btw).

Probably because of the all-time great enabler, Michael Beasley, though.

Let me know when Harden raises his 41.9% lifetime playoff shooting percentage though and maybe I wouldn't laugh at this whole conversation if it happens again in the future.

He definitely laid the pipe to one of your family members because no one can be this delusional otherwise. Harden literally had one of the worst playoffs for a superstar in the history of the game a few yrs back against SA, and routinely disappears in crucial moments. Also what about Defense-does that not matter?? Your bum Harden is a liability on that side of the ball

Advertisement
Unfortunately Dan Marino’s legacy is that one guy doesn’t do it alone. I grew up watching Dan Marino pull out games for the Dolphins with no running game or a defense in an era where you needed both to win. Watching his highlights today I’m in awe. I couldn’t appreciate it as a kid. How he could throw a pass thirty yards down field on a rope and fit into such a right window. Wade gets his first ring because the Mavericks were so worried about Shaq that Wade was able to go off. Then he’s able to lure Lebron and Bosh down here, but that doesn’t happen without a great GM in Riley to make it happen and get the role players around them to be hoist two more trophies. Shula was a great coach, but not the greatest evaluator of talent. Shula had a GM drafting players on the 70’s. When it was on him, the Dolphins took a step back.

Advertisement
Back