OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Advertisement
Yes he was.

I realize this was pre-interwebz but...there were rumors...even then...

No He wasn't, most draft experts had Him going to the Dolphins, and that's exactly where He went.

And IIRC, He had a pretty good debut.

And the guy we traded Him for (Bobby Humphrey) wasn't a bad trade at the time.

Doesn't matter, Marino had talent around Him, and He CHOKED in the biggest moments.

Marino's teams were pretty meh after his third season. (Actually his second full season) Granted everybody seems to forget that.

For y'all who love to mention Shaq with the '06 title(even though he got castrated by "Ericka" Dampier in the Finals), y'all do realize Wade was the leading scorer for every year that Shaq wore a Heat uni? But he's always been a #2 guy? GATFWOH!!!!

LOL, I remember Charles Claxton from Carol City used to get with Shaq at UGA.

Wade living vicariously through his son I always thought he was *** but this confirms it. He turned his son into a *** transexual so talking about he knew his son was *** when he was 3 yrs old, that’s some pedophile ****. And Gabrielle Union is just the typical female Hollywood weirdo that has a fixation on turning black boys into girls like Charlize Theron.
Hold up. I thought you were joking around, but Dwyane Wade has a trans
Hard to evaluate. Marino always came off as a "nice guy", not really making any frustrations public. Not sure if he pushed hard or not for getting a RB to help him, though one would imagine that he saw what happened with Elway when the Broncos got Terrell Davis.

In his playing days, the Dolphins used 3 first round draft choices on RB, a couple of seconds (though both were in 1999 with JJ Johnson and Rob Konrad), three thirds, and a couple of fourths.

Maybe someone can recall if the Dolphins sat out any major free agent signings of RBs from 1984-1999. I seem to recall a lot more guys being willing to leave their long-time first teams after Reggie White signed with GB in 1993.

Also not sure what could have popped up on trades. We all remember the Sammie Smith for Bobby Humphrey trade, which bombed for both the Dolphins and Broncos. The Marshall Faulk trade didn't happen until Marino's final year in the NFL. I guess the Dolphins could have made a play for Jerome Bettis.
The Dolphins nearly traded for Barry Sanders in the late 90’s, but Detroit shot it down.

Fvck Detroit, they better not ***** us over in the Draft.

Advertisement
No He wasn't, most draft experts had Him going to the Dolphins, and that's exactly where He went.

And IIRC, He had a pretty good debut.

And the guy we traded Him for (Bobby Humphrey) wasn't a bad trade at the time.

Doesn't matter, Marino had talent around Him, and He CHOKED in the biggest moments.

Clearly, you are missing the point. Both players had drug problems and were traded "to get a fresh start".

Both players were traded because they were disasters off the field. Within a year of the trade, both were out of football.

There were plenty of red flags around Sammie Smith when the Dolphins drafted him, including a history of injuries. The Dolphins were going to draft Oliver at #9, but managed to get Oliver later in the first round after he slid.

Although this is total heresy, I think that Marino was probably as much of a curse to the Dolphins as a blessing. The whole team had to be centered around him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Imagine believing that’s he’s not at the shooting guard position...

Lol y’all seriously underrate the SG talent that has played in the NBA or maybe ur just delusional af. Ray Allen was miles better than D.Wade and Ray Allen might not even be a top 10 SG.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He seems to be suspicious of any new user with an a name.

Whatever. This often happens to new users. Just going to have to prove I'm not a troll.

Every one of your new names is created within a day of your last name being banned.

Every one of your new names is created within a day of your last name being banned.

Afan hasn't posted in over 2 weeks. Aaardvark hasn't posted in 5 days. Presumably, they were banned almost immediately after their last post.

I'm not either one of those guys, but it's pretty easy to look at their history and see when they last posted.

Afan hasn't posted in over 2 weeks. Aaardvark hasn't posted in 5 days. Presumably, they were banned almost immediately after their last post.

I'm not either one of those guys, but it's pretty easy to look at their history and see when they last posted.
I don’t think you’re afan. Anyhow, hopefully all goes well here and you can post in peace.

Advertisement
Back