OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Wade won 3 titles while competing for 5 of them, Marino never won nothing.....

Dwade was the best in the game when he won the scoring championship in 08-09 and should have probably won the mvp. He’s one of the youngest stars to accomplish what he did almost going to the finals losing 3-4 in the eastern conference finals in 05 his second season and then leading his team and ultimately winning the finals in 06 his 3rd season with one of the greatest finals series performances ever . Wade is behind just Jordan and kobe.... do you know how great that is?

Obviously greatness of a player is an opinion supported by evidence. Wade was a great young player that played on some great teams. That being said, he only was 1st team All-NBA twice and that indicates that others believed other players were better. I compared him to John Smoltz who is 15 - 4 in the postseason and a 1st ballot HOFer. Smoltz also won a Cy Young.

Wade is not close to Jordan or Kobe. If you rack and stack all guards Wade is further down the list.

Advertisement
it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.

The 3rd greatest SG to ever play the game was not elite? GOH

The NFL rates Marino as the 7th best QB of all time. Of the six better than Marino, three of them had careers in the generation after Marino. Wade is probably top 25 at his position and was never the best in the game during his career.

Who are 6 ahead of Dan?

and no way you can classify wade as top 25 at his position...laughable to find 5 better.

Advertisement
Obviously greatness of a player is an opinion supported by evidence. Wade was a great young player that played on some great teams. That being said, he only was 1st team All-NBA twice and that indicates that others believed other players were better. I compared him to John Smoltz who is 15 - 4 in the postseason and a 1st ballot HOFer. Smoltz also won a Cy Young.

Wade is not close to Jordan or Kobe. If you rack and stack all guards Wade is further down the list.
Multiple people who have actually played the game at a high level have deemed wade as the 3rd best shooting guard behind Jordan and Kobe in the nba. Wade is not further down any list of shooting guard, the only person competing with him at that spot is Allen iverson but he was more of a combo pg/sg and even then iverson was one of the best scorers of all time but he wasn’t as accomplished as wade in terms of success and being a more complete player

Multiple people who have actually played the game at a high level have deemed wade as the 3rd best shooting guard behind Jordan and Kobe in the nba. Wade is not further down any list of shooting guard, the only person competing with him at that spot is Allen iverson but he was more of a combo pg/sg and even then iverson was one of the best scorers of all time but he wasn’t as accomplished as wade in terms of success and being a more complete player

while I can put him 3, he’s nowhere near Mike. And that’s not an insult. It’s homage to 23, not a dig at wade.

1) Brady
2) Montana
3) Manning
4) Unitas
5) Graham
6) Brees

When I look at Wade's position I look at both point and shooting. That is how the All-NBA votes.

1) Brady
2) Montana
3) Manning
4) Unitas
5) Graham
6) Brees

When I look at Wade's position I look at both point and shooting. That is how the All-NBA votes.

brady and Montana ok. Maybe even Elway. The rest either played with rules that allowed them to be better or in an era you that was all together different. Marino, while no rings, is better than 7 imo

Advertisement
I will take a prime Hardin over a prime Wade. Obviously Hardin needs to keep up his current pace for a few more years. I rather have Ray Allen take a game-winning shot compared to Wade.

brady and Montana ok. Maybe even Elway. The rest either played with rules that allowed them to be better or in an era you that was all together different. Marino, while no rings, is better than 7 imo

I struggle with where Brees belongs and don't know how to evaluate Unitas and Graham. Outside of Brady, some of these other guys were lucky to have loaded teams help them earn rings.

I will take a prime Hardin over a prime Wade. Obviously Hardin needs to keep up his current pace for a few more years. I rather have Ray Allen take a game-winning shot compared to Wade.

harden is inefficient ball dominant player who plays no D. Wade is way better imo.

last shot is different all together. Wade is historically better than Shuttleworth as all around player.

Just because someone is a better scorer or shooter doesn’t mean they are a better player, many players have shot better than lebron but are they better than him? That’s a resounding no.... wade is a much more complete player than harden because not only did wade give you scoring with an efficient shooting percentage but he was an elite defender and is a very accomplished player (winning 3 rings).. harden likely won’t ever win a ring, sounds like you might just like stat pilers man lol and don’t give players any credit for guiding their team to the pinnacle of the sport by playing for or winning it all

Last edited:
Advertisement
I struggle with where Brees belongs and don't know how to evaluate Unitas and Graham. Outside of Brady, some of these other guys were lucky to have loaded teams help them earn rings.

give montana and Rice today’s rules and their numbers are out of sight, not that they aren’t already. Brees is good but I can’t put him better than Dan.

The NFL rates Marino as the 7th best QB of all time. Of the six better than Marino, three of them had careers in the generation after Marino. Wade is probably top 25 at his position and was never the best in the game during his career.

Huh?

Advertisement
Just because someone is a better scorer or shooter doesn’t mean they are a better player, many players have shot better than lebron but are they better than him? That’s a resounding no.... wade is a much more complete player than harden because not only did wade give you scoring with an efficient shooting percentage but he was an elite defender and is a very accomplished player (winning 3 rings).. harden likely won’t ever win a ring, sounds like you might just like stat pilers and don’t give players any credit for guiding their team to the pinnacle of the sport by playing for or winning it all

What makes Lebron such a great player is his combination of size, speed, and talent. LeBron is a freak of nature that can ball.

Advertisement
Back