OT: Tesla ?!?

I never understood why they didn't do hybrid pickup trucks, since an electric motor has a ton of torque at 0 rpm.
GM did, but it was just for fuel economy. Also the range on an electronic truck would not be pretty while towing

Advertisement
GM did, but it was just for fuel economy. Also the range on an electronic truck would not be pretty while towing
Did they do hybrids with smaller engines? If so they should have done it with the full size ones, you only need that torque to get the truck moving and then the engine takes over.

It’s amazing how much torque they have. I don’t know why I don’t associate electric vehicles with high torque, it seems like gasoline vehicles would would produce higher torque but it’s the opposite, but then again I’m not an electrical engineer so…
the engine doesn't have it's max torque until like 2K rpm, the electric motor fills the below 2K.

and hopefully we have an electrical engineer who can tells us why that is.

Bro that’s so dope man; I be watching The Motortrend channel all the time, looking at these designers, and custom fabrication guys and just be in awe, man. I wish my school offered automotive classes like they used to do back in the day. Legit, that would probably be my career b/c I’m such a car guy. As we speak, in the process of giving my G35 coupe a custom face lift since it has low miles.

Such a cool career, from the outside looking in, of course; as I’m sure it’s probably demanding, too.
In 1982 I splurged and bought me a 280ZX exactly like the one here with the same color combination. Before that I had a '74' 260Z in silver that I bought used. I was told at a German car repair shop that the inline 6 in these 280's was almost an exact replica of an older classic M. Benz 6, IDK. But what I do know was these engines were indestructible.
1o.jpg

In 1982 I splurged and bought me a 280ZX exactly like the one here with the same color combination. Before that I had a '74' 260Z in silver that I bought used. I was told at a German car repair shop that the inline 6 in these 280's was almost an exact replica of an older classic M. Benz 6, IDK. But what I do know was these engines were indestructible.
View attachment 117808

And you know the ZX is the inspiration for the Infiniti G35 Coupes. I always loved the Z's man. Especially w/ that T-top.

Advertisement
Bro that’s so dope man; I be watching The Motortrend channel all the time, looking at these designers, and custom fabrication guys and just be in awe, man. I wish my school offered automotive classes like they used to do back in the day. Legit, that would probably be my career b/c I’m such a car guy. As we speak, in the process of giving my G35 coupe a custom face lift since it has low miles.

Such a cool career, from the outside looking in, of course; as I’m sure it’s probably demanding, too.

Very difficult career. At the top of Formula 1 the team comes first. Health and family took a back seat for me the past 6 years... so did pay haha. Thats why ive put my notice in and decided to move back to the US. It has been a fun ride. Many championships won and lots of Champagne spilled in the process.

If you like nissans, you will love the car I am currently trying to stuff in a container and bring back to Miami.

Advertisement
GT Silver Metallic

If your thinking a little splash...
Lava Orange

Next question.

I like that green that was mentioned. If it’s the green I’m thinking of, which is kind of a forest, or British racing green, type green. Almost a Miami Hurricanes shade green. It’s just not something that they offer now.

I love cars.
Period.

The last one that drive me nuts was an original '66 AC (Shelby) Cobra that was signed by Carroll Shelby.
In the same garage was a Lambo Huracan and a 2014 Ford GT.

The guy who owned them sold dirt. Yes, dirt.

Last edited:
I like that green that was mentioned. If it’s the green I’m thinking of, which is kind of a forest, or British racing green, type green. Almost a Miami Hurricanes shade green. It’s just not something that they offer now.
Moss Green Metallic?

Attachments

• 1983-Porsche-911SC-Targa-1.jpg
    1983-Porsche-911SC-Targa-1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2
Advertisement
Very difficult career. At the top of Formula 1 the team comes first. Health and family took a back seat for me the past 6 years... so did pay haha. Thats why ive put my notice in and decided to move back to the US. It has been a fun ride. Many championships won and lots of Champagne spilled in the process.

If you like nissans, you will love the car I am currently trying to stuff in a container and bring back to Miami.

Good for you, bro. I'm glad you're putting yourself first.

When you get a chance, man, PM that pic of the car, bro. I'm intrigued!

Did you grow up here or in the UK? I believe you went to UM, pretty sure you did. But I was just curious

Advertisement
I really started liking him after watching his interview with Joe Rogan... besides, its not his fault he was sent back in time 100 years from some other galaxy
We don't actually know that. Maybe he broke some future law against time travel, came back and could not refuel so got stuck here. The whole space thing could be cover to find whatever type of fuel he needs. Hum, sounds like a good movie plot.

Advertisement
Back