OT: Tesla ?!?

No matter how safe they make these ships I still worry about them exploding at the smallest thing

Yup and with the way 2020 is going so far would (God forbid) a new version of an o ring issue really be that surprising?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just wanted to be different. Here's what i had obviously used 5 years later.
7c7e380d0bbbba2054fa9a12af001280.jpg
Brother, that's just a fox body Mustang with good PR and a slightly more restrictive intake. I have a 90 LX convertible right now. I can't wait to get rid of the 70 so I can put more into the 90.

Brother, that's just a fox body Mustang with good PR and a slightly more restrictive intake. I have a 90 LX convertible right now. I can't wait to get rid of the 70 so I can put more into the 90.
Looks like a wannabe Grand National to me.

Advertisement
Tesla and Supercharger Battery Fade:

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/fast-charging-stations-damage-tesla-car-batteries-after-just-25-cycles-new-study-shows

Why have a gt 305 like everyone else when you can have the thunderbird with the bigger back seat. ...

Looks like a wannabe Grand National to me.
Basically a Mustang GT with 5 less horsepower. The T-Bird had the same 5.0.

When I was a student commuting, I had an 89 5.0 LX. I used to take the turnpike down ($3.00 toll) and 85 back to save money and drive past the Metrorail all lit up. One day on the way to 95 down US1, a Grand Nat kept trying to get me to race him at the lights. I let him keep trying until the last 2 lights before the I95 entrance. On those two, knowing his engine was now nice and hot, I jumped on it and blew his doors off both times. I slowed to go on the on ramp and he stomped on it. He wasn't too happy.

Basically a Mustang GT with 5 less horsepower. The T-Bird had the same 5.0.

When I was a student commuting, I had an 89 5.0 LX. I used to take the turnpike down ($3.00 toll) and 85 back to save money and drive past the Metrorail all lit up. One day on the way to 95 down US1, a Grand Nat kept trying to get me to race him at the lights. I let him keep trying until the last 2 lights before the I95 entrance. On those two, knowing his engine was now nice and hot, I jumped on it and blew his doors off both times. I slowed to go on the on ramp and he stomped on it. He wasn't too happy.
Nice! Was your 302 stock? I always heard those 4banger Grand Nationals we quick light to light... maybe im thinking of Monte Carlo SS.

Advertisement
Nice! Was your 302 stock? I always heard those 4banger Grand Nationals we quick light to light... maybe im thinking of Monte Carlo SS.
Not exactly stock. Probably about 30-40 extra hp. The GN was a turbo 3.8V6. With today's technology they're stupid fast. Back then, once the engine was hot, they were beatable.

Not exactly stock. Probably about 30-40 extra hp. The GN was a turbo 3.8V6. With today's technology they're stupid fast. Back then, once the engine was hot, they were beatable.
I always like the fox mustangs, buddy had one in HS. I checked prices recently in my area on Craigslist and they're kinda retarded.

Advertisement
Definitely wider. Although I like the look. You can take one from 30 years ago and the look is pretty similar to the ones today. That’s what you call a timeless industrial design. I’ve been thinking about the 4s a little bit

Here’s what I mean about the look.

1968 911 (over 50 years ago)

View attachment 117778

2020 911

View attachment 117779

Not sure about the wheelbase, but it definitely has a wider stance nowadays.

Although it has changed, the basic design is pretty darn close. The lines are more rounded now and less stark. It’s still a great looking car, even at 50+ years old
1 year later...
Well??????
Did you pull the trigger?

1 year later...
Well??????
Did you pull the trigger?

No. Thanks for asking.

The pandemic made things a little more difficult in terms of purchasing. Also the time of the post, I didn’t realize how few there are on the lots nationwide. You basically have to take what they have if you want one in a decent amount of time.

So to actually get what I want, I’m going to have to special order and sadly, now I really want the Turbo S. When (if) I pull the trigger, it might take 4-6 months, not sure. I think I will eventually get it, the question is when.

It's still early to the game... Wait a few years... Everyone will have one eventually..

Advertisement
Back