OT: Rock/Metal Fans

@OBLIVION, thanks so much but try drowned policemens ball 1979 pete TOWNSHEND. He's wearing black t-shirt on the acoustic guitar. It's unreal how he plays that guitar. One more favor please.

Advertisement
All 3 from 1977 (HS Jr yr)...Skynyrd's 2nd to last show (before crash)...The Pink Floyd concert was top 3 I've ever seen...
View attachment 113482
Lucky ***, Skynyrd is and will always be my favorite band. If I had a time machine, first thing I’d do is go back and see a show on that street survivors tour

Hollywood Sportatorium:
Iron Maiden with Twisted Sister opening
Deep Purple with a last minute replacement band opening that nobody watched.

Saw Kiss and Krokus in the Sunrise Musical Theater.

Does anyone remember the Journey concert of 1985 (I think?) WSHE bought out the entire Orange Bowl concert and gave away tickets.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Zep -6.7.'77 at MSG.
I was in heaven for 2 12 hours.
That show is the most likely the reason why I have tinnitus in my right ear.
Was thT part was of The Song Remains The Same?
I was a little to young to see zeppelin, but I did drive to Philadelphia for Live Aid just see them. They sucked really badly. Pretty sure Jimmy was banged out on heroine. Great day though but not because of zeppelin.

CaneinOrlando was an Executive Sous Chef at the Famous Don Cesar on St Pete Beach in the Mid 80s and got to meet both Warren DiMartini (Lead Guitarist for RATT) and Danny Joe Brown, lead singer for Molly Hatchett...both were Super cool dudes....
Did you really just third person us?

Last edited:
Advertisement
CaneinOrlando was an Executive Sous Chef at the Famous Don Cesar on St Pete Beach in the Mid 80s and got to meet both Warren DiMartini (Lead Guitarist for RATT) and Danny Joe Brown, lead singer for Molly Hatchett...both were Super cool dudes....
My cousin played in a band in the early 80's that covered a lot of southern rock including a few from Molly Hatchet. Danny Joe stopped in to a small club in Hollywood, FL one night just to see his band do their songs. He said the same thing that he was a great guy.

I was hanging out at the Hilton, at least I think it was the Hilton, in Pensacola before the Yes show in 94. One by one the band members came in. I got to talk to Alan White quite a bit. A few minutes later he stops by and invites us back after the show. That was quite the experience.

I'm friends with the drummer from The Tea Party and have gotten to hang out with them after some shows in Winnipeg. They are a good show, and cool dudes to hang out with. Last time the opening act comes into the green room to meet the band after the show and were all star struck. It was pretty funny seeing these young dudes almost shaking with nervous excitement. Jeff Martin comes across as pretty imposing, but is a cool dude.

Advertisement
Don’t know if anyone’s mentioned yet, but RHCP is the shît as well, love Primus too they’re very creative and Les Claypool is a legend and an innovator on bass.

Also wtf y’all know about Steven Wilson and Porcupine tree????

Have you checked out Lennon Claypool Delirium?

In the late 60s, early 70s student at the U had, arguably, one of the best concert series of any college in the USA. I can't remember them all, but there was a fine mixture of folk and rock. Artists like Richie Havens, Jefferson Airplane, It's a Beautiful Day and others played on campus. AND...concerts were FREE for the students. All you had to do was show your student ID.

Advertisement
As much as I love female punk rock like Bratmobile and Bikini Kill- G&R Live at the Ritz 88 performing "Rocket Queen" is on YouTube

The Whitesnake Slide it in album (US version) was a killer with John Sykes on guitar (from thin Lizzy), Cozy Powell (sabbath) on drums and the late John Lord (deep purple) on keys. Coverdales vocals were awesome on there too.

Advertisement
Back