OT: Rock/Metal Fans

If you liked Boy Who Died Wolf you’ll love Mister Asylum. MCID definitely has the most skip tracks for me of the 3 albums, but even the songs I never listen to from it were still great live.

Sum41 Order in Decline was awesome. Used to listen to them back in the early 2000s, but didn’t know they had that one in them. My favorite newer band from Canada is easily Cleopatrick, cannot wait for their first LP. The other unknown bands they play with are also really good like Zig Mentality/Dube. And if you get down blues rock, the Blue Stones are phenomenal.

Yeah, I've heard most of Mister Asylum, just haven't gotten around to all of it. I have to open my spotify Canadian playlists soon though to find some newer stuff. I'm currently going through my friends debut album for his edm music

Advertisement
Com'on Bro, how you gonna get massive gains Bro, without a playlist Bro!! ;)

Slacked broooo, slacked harded than coach Richt hiring his son lmaooo. Side note being on a field with 3 teams for 10 months out of the year was my work outs for a few years haha

The late, great Hollywood Sportatorium:

View attachment 113486

View attachment 113484View attachment 113485

Bob Seger
U2
Billy Idol
The Cult

Great shows
Three Dog Night, Chicago, Led Zeppelin and so many others. I never actually smoke pot but I a sure the residual second hand smoke in that place would had made me test positive into my 30's. As a teen of the 60's, I thought Rock ended in before 1980 so don't know some of the groups you guys was are talking about. Nothing but miles and miles of home out there now. I remember flying down Hollywood Blvd out there at 100 plus without the 440 in my 69 Plymouth even warming up. As the old muscle cars and drug high hippie chicks - forget Fast and Furious, those day were all Fast and Easy. Then the Cane Glory days came along and life got really good.

After the rap/hip hop thread, I decided I couldn’t neglect y’all. Also I figured we could benefit from a topic that isn’t flooded by this coronavirus shîtshow that’s going on.

While my parents are children of Cuban immigrants, they grew up in the US (Miami) during the 80s so bands like The Police, GnR, Journey, Van Halen, etc. were a big part of their upbringing and they raised me on all that as a result. Also the phenomenon of Guitar Hero and how that was big during my childhood helped tremendously in terms of my knowledge/love of rock and metal.

Honestly, if I had to narrow it down, a few of my favorite bands of all time are Zep, Rush (RIP Neil), Pink Floyd, Queen, just to name a few. In terms of the harder stuff, Metallica is a must imo, Megadeth is insanely good, Black Sabbath was way ahead of their time and they still hold up (only like them from their debut up to that 1st album with Dio tho), Tool is the shît and I really love Fear Inoculum, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, the list goes on and on...

As you can tell, I have various tastes and I like to be open-minded when it comes to music, just my inquisitive nature I guess lol. Feel free to discuss all things rock and metal oriented here, all tastes are welcome!
My wife is from Cuban but hates Rock. She is all Country and pick up trucks. When we met I was all Rock and Corvette yet somehow she decided I must be a redneck and fell for me. Lied about being Cuban thinking I would be prejudice. Little did she know that I never even knew the color of her eyes for first 10 years. Silly women.

Guns N Roses concert might be the best show I've ever attended. Between that and the Kanye/Jay Z Watch the Throne tour. Seen em during the Buckethead era. One of the most memorable moments was when they were playing music pre-show on the PA in the arena and they dropped some Bon Jovi and everyone booed.
I totally lucked out back in 1987. Went to see Motley Crew in Lakeland and GnR opened for them. I had never heard of GnR before that night. Needless to say. I left the Civic Center that night a big fan of GnR. I thought GnR blew the Crew away that night and the Crew were awesome. Scraped up some change the next day and bought the Appetite cassette. Wore that thing out. Got to see them again 2 years ago in Orlando, floor seats. Was blown away at how good Slash was. Band was super tight. It was a full circle moment for this music lover. Patiently waiting for a new GnR album.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back