OT: Rock/Metal Fans

2:40 on is stupid.

Power cleans! Solo at 230 is nuts.

******* UNEARTH.

Lastly Lacuna coil. Because I still love her.

Advertisement
Just too add a little something more to this thread. If you don't know who Cliff Burton is. You're truly missing out on one of the greatest musicians of all time. Cliff was the life force behind Metallica and to me Metallica died on September 27th 1986. Although i do love And Justice for All. IMO the band just never got over the loss and it showed the further they got away from Burton's daily influence.

To think at one point Metallica had James (Yeah..Yeah) Hetfield, Lars, Cliff Burton and the man Dave Mustaine.

Cliff Burton was amazing and an inspiration to many including myself. I picked up a bass because i wanted to learn how to play (Anesthesia)—Pulling Teeth. He didn't lose his life because of drugs or alcohol. He lost his life due to winning a bet vs Kirk for who had 1st choice for a bunk. The bunk Cliff picked ended up with him losing the bet. The driver feel asleep and Burton was tossed from the bus.

I still remember the day in high school a friend came up and handed me a newspaper clipping as she asked "is this the band you like?" It was the article on the bus crash in Sweden.

I listen to almost all genres of music (except country), but grew up mostly on Rock and Roll Dad had a big influence and introduced me to Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Skynard, ZZ Top, CCR, etc.
Teenage years I loved Nirvana, Metallica, Soundgarden, Linkin Park, RATM, White Zombie, Tool, etc.
I had the opportunity to attend a couple concerts this year after winning tickets on the radio. First was 5 Finger Death Punch, Bad Wolves, and Fire from the Gods. Second was Skillet.
I’m looking forward to going down to Daytona for Rockfest/Rockville in May. Metallica is headlining Friday and Sunday and Disturbed is the headline on Saturday.

Advertisement
Can someone help me to post, PETE TOWNSHEND 1979 drowned song. I have not the knowledge. Thanks

I'm old enough to have gotten tear gassed at the Rush show in 1981 at the old Sportatorium. Saw Van Halen twice in 1982 and once in 1984 there also. Another great show was the 1983 Def Leppard show right after Pyromania hit. Had front row for that and only two people had to be carried out on stretchers right next to me, oh the days of Quaaludes.
That's back when you had to be a tough son of a ***** to get to the front row. Staying there was a whole different story. I've seen people get pinned on the rail and security had to pull them over the rails to literally save their lives. Only the strong survived the front row during the metal years.

Go Canes!!!!!

Last edited:
That's back when you had to be a tough son of a ***** to get to the front row. Staying there was a whole different story. I've seen people get pinned on the rail and security had to pull them over the rails to literally save their lives. Only the strong survived the front town during the metal years.

Go Canes!!!!!

Plus all the M-80's being thrown down from the upper areas, man what a time to be a rock fan, excitement and terror at the same time.

Advertisement
Big Black from Chicago will always be the GOAT show for me. Saw them when I was really young and they blew my mind. Steve Abini was the ringleader of the band. He went on to record many of the great albums of the 90s grunge scene. Seen his new band, Shellac many times - also a great show.

I saw shellac as well: he’s produced waaaaaaaay more than just nirvana or pixies.

Pj Harvey, slint, will oldham, new year, nina nastasia, jason Molina (rip. Saw him 3 times). Hundreds of others.

In terms of all the post 90s groups on this thread when I look at the groups he sound engineered the quality of work of his groups blows the others away.

Advertisement
CaneinOrlando was an Executive Sous Chef at the Famous Don Cesar on St Pete Beach in the Mid 80s and got to meet both Warren DiMartini (Lead Guitarist for RATT) and Danny Joe Brown, lead singer for Molly Hatchett...both were Super cool dudes....

STP my favorite band of all time ( Scott Weiland). I like all the Seattle grunge with Mother Love Bone too. I love Hair Metal. Second fav band is Incubus followed by Chevelle. If you ever want to hear a unbelievable show that sounds like you just turned on the radio go see Incubus. Great live.

Advertisement
STP my favorite band of all time ( Scott Weiland). I like all the Seattle grunge with Mother Love Bone too. I love Hair Metal. Second fav band is Incubus followed by Chevelle. If you ever want to hear a unbelievable show that sounds like you just turned on the radio go see Incubus. Great live.
Saw Incubus...Loved STP...

Advertisement
Back