OT: Rock/Metal Fans

Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Ozzy with Randy Rhodes, Slayer, Holocust, Misfits, Shamain, Danzig, Motorhead, Nuclear Assault, Black Label Society, RATM, Tool, Testament, Pantera, Down, Metallica up to And Justice for All.

Megadeth Rust In Peace GOAT

Holy wars...the punishment due might be one of the most amazing songs I’ve ever heard in my entire life regardless of genre, my respect for Dave Mustaine and that entire band knows no bounds lol

Advertisement
Favorite is classic-era Guns n Roses.

Also liked Metallica (particularly And Justice For All and The Black Album) and more recently System of a Down.

SOAD is great, one of the more iconic metal bands of this century no doubt. Serj’s vocals are a thing of beauty and the lyricism is awesome as well.
I know this might sound silly, but I think for a metal band this century that Fozzy is pretty good as well. Jericho's "Judas in My Mind" is a great song, and it's hilarious that not only is he using it as his AEW entrance theme, but most of the fans in the arena sing along with it.

Love Motörhead for the fact that they make u wanna ram someone’s head into a brick wall and then get into a high speed chase with the cops lol. That being said I do find them a bit repetitive but they’re still legends. Those albums by Metallica are some of my favs, don’t understand why some think And Justice for All is underwhelming or avg.

Pantera is another one of those bands whose music you can commit felonies to, Walk, Cowboys from ****, I’m broken, 5 min alone, all deadly af lol. Dimebag (RIP) is another one that forever changed the game for guitarists, his brother is a helluva drummer too
Gym playlist. Blackened / And Justice For All gotta be the best two openers of any metal album, just my .02. Cowboys From **** makes me want to kick a puppy. Well, maybe not a puppy but definitely an ******* cat. I'll also throw in some Death Magnetic and Hardwired here and there, I'm not anti-90's+ Metallica, I just really like that sound they had in the mid/late 80's.

Screenshot_20200314-141459_Apple Music.jpg

Advertisement
I'm old enough to have gotten tear gassed at the Rush show in 1981 at the old Sportatorium. Saw Van Halen twice in 1982 and once in 1984 there also. Another great show was the 1983 Def Leppard show right after Pyromania hit. Had front row for that and only two people had to be carried out on stretchers right next to me, oh the days of Quaaludes.

Gym playlist. Blackened / And Justice For All gotta be the best two openers of any metal album, just my .02. Cowboys From **** makes me want to kick a puppy. Well, maybe not a puppy but definitely an ******* cat. I'll also throw in some Death Magnetic and Hardwired here and there, I'm not anti-90's+ Metallica, I just really like that sound they had in the mid/late 80's.

View attachment 113487
Gym playlist for sure! Yeah Blackened is a headbanger’s wet dream and I agree, those albums from Kill em all up to the black album are perfect imo. Like I’d be perfectly content with only listening to that era of Metallica when it comes to their discography.

Holy wars...the punishment due might be one of the most amazing songs I’ve ever heard in my entire life regardless of genre, my respect for Dave Mustaine and that entire band knows no bounds lol
I listen to all types of music. From Jazz to Thrash and it is a song that stands the test time. It's message is just as strong today as it was 30 years ago. Dave through all his struggles was great about writing music that is a reflection of the world we live in.

Advertisement
Stevie is one of the best guitarists to ever do it, made that thing come alive and had such a soulful sound, you can really hear it on Life by the Drop (might be my fav song from him). Love Texas flood, Pride and joy is a classic, his cover of little wing is masterful, etc.
Saw stevie Ray Vaughn at the Olympic stadium in 1982 which he one of the bands that opened up for the POLICE tour of synchronicity. He'll of guitarist. That was in MONTREAL.

I'm old enough to have gotten tear gassed at the Rush show in 1981 at the old Sportatorium. Saw Van Halen twice in 1982 and once in 1984 there also. Another great show was the 1983 Def Leppard show right after Pyromania hit. Had front row for that and only two people had to be carried out on stretchers right next to me, oh the days of Quaaludes.
Was that during the Moving Pictures tour? If so then that explains everything lmao one of the best rock albums of all time imo. Also Van Halen during that David Lee Roth era was so amazing, brought so much energy with their music.

Also can we take a moment to appreciate how amazing this song is?

Last edited:

Yussef Dayes on the drums, Alfa Mist on the keys, Mansur Brown on the guitar & Rocco Palladino on bass, they're not really strictly rock/metal, more so Jazz funk fusion but Mansur is one of the best guitarists on the scene right now.

Also a big fan of Tosin Abasi & Animals as Leaders, probably some of the best technical guitarist in the progressive genre. Tosin is an innovator of the 8-string guitar & actually created his own brand of 8-string guitars, he's a mastermind.

Felix Martin & Plini are two of my favorites as well.

As far as bands I always liked fusion bands that can blend multiple styles & genres, my favorite music was always reggae & hip-hop but once I started to play instruments myself it expanded my musical pallet & I started listening to more different sounds.

I grew up right when Nu Metal was blowing up, so I liked Korn, POD & Deftones. But I also like some progressive bands like Tool & Mastodon.m

But my favorite Bass player is still Aston Barrett.

Advertisement
Used to listen to a lot of Obituary, Exhorder, Death, Malevolent Creation and even over to hardcore like Madball, and Terror recently. I've got physical scars from a couple of those concerts. Even if you fight skinheads and win they can still tear you up with spiked rings.
Loved AiC but think Soundgarden was the best of the grunge era with Nirvana being totally over rated. My groups that I listened to the most of back in the day were Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Rush, Metallica (Justice for all back), Soundgarden, and Tool.

Edit: forgot to add Slayer in there. Listened to a lot of them up to Seasons.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Listened to a lot of different music through the years but classic rock is where I'm usually at. Led Zeppelin is one of my all time favorites. Be hard pressed to find a better trio of musicians. Early Chicago - seem them about 10 times. Went to see Rush mainly to see Neil Peart (RIP) but Geddy and Alex are pretty **** good as well. Yes is another favorite. Journey with Steve Perry. If I could sing like someone it would be Michael McDonald.

Advertisement
Back