OT: Restaurant and Food Thread

Advertisement
Dinner- Le Bernardin N.Y
Lunch/Sandwich- John's Famous Deli..Staten Island N.Y
Brunch- The Court of Two Sisters...New Orleans (Closed)
Yo big dog give me some O-town info. A few of us had some places we liked wondering if you got any hidden gems.

I heard Tin and Taco is amazing but I just hate down town so yet to check it out. My boy Eddie owns Take Cheena and I love there tacos. I tired to get him to take on a huge investor but he wouldn't do it. Literally and figuratively. Shaqs cousin derrick is my good friend and we had Shaqs ear but my boy wont budge on expanding to fast. Do you know anything about Pizza Bruno.

SANDWICH: Toss up between roasted lamb sandwich from Balthazar NYC, Ding’s crispy chicken sandwich from Houston’s and the lampredetto sandwich from Da Narbone in Florence
STEAK: Asador Etxebarri in Spain, The Grill NYC
PASTA: Lilia in Brooklyn
SEAFOOD: depending on what you like any restaurant in San Sebastián; shrimp at Bar Goiz Argi is a good one
BBQ: Rodney Scott’s
SOUL: Bertha’s Kitchen in Charleston
CAJUN: Liuzza's by the Track in NO
INDIAN: Memories of India in Lake Mary, FL(lamb chops)
MICHELIN: The French Laundry in CA lives up to the hype

Last edited:
Yo big dog give me some O-town info. A few of us had some places we liked wondering if you got any hidden gems.

I heard Tin and Taco is amazing but I just hate down town so yet to check it out. My boy Eddie owns Take Cheena and I love there tacos. I tired to get him to take on a huge investor but he wouldn't do it. Literally and figuratively. Shaqs cousin derrick is my good friend and we had Shaqs ear but my boy wont budge on expanding to fast. Do you know anything about Pizza Bruno.

Kabooki on Colonial (sushi)
Domu on Corrine (Ramen but their wings are the best; order them at the bar while you wait for your table)
King Cajun (just down the street from Tako Cheena)

Advertisement
Kabooki on Colonial (sushi)
Domu on Corrine (Ramen but their wings are the best; order them at the bar while you wait for your table)
King Cajun (just down the street from Tako Cheena)
I dont like Kabooki. Had it once and got super sick. I even know Henry but still not going back. I go to Sushi Lolas, Aaron is my boy. Ive never had bad food there not once.
1D142A18-9589-465E-8F5A-285DD5CDBE0C.jpeg

Not the best meal, but the joint I miss most in Miami is Keg South on s dixie hwy. Hope it’s still the same, I haven’t been in 7-8 years(live in tn now).

Advertisement
SANDWICH: Toss up between roasted lamb sandwich from Balthazar NYC, Ding’s crispy chicken sandwich from Houston’s and the lampredetto sandwich from Da Narbone in Florence
STEAK: Asador Etxebarri in Spain, The Grill NYC
PASTA: Lilia in Brooklyn
SEAFOOD: depending on what you like any restaurant in San Sebastián; shrimp at Bar Goiz Argi is a good one
BBQ: Rodney Scott’s
SOUL: Bertha’s Kitchen in Charleston
CAJUN: Liuzza's by the Track in NO
INDIAN: Memories of India in Lake Mary, FL(lamb chops)
MICHELIN: The French Laundry in CA lives up to the hype
Eye knead two try Rodney Scott's. I always go two the Swig & Swine in Charleston butt will go to Rodney's soon as eye git the chance.

Eye knead two try Rodney Scott's. I always go two the Swig & Swine in Charleston butt will go to Rodney's soon as eye git the chance.
He has a few locations now... I believe Birmingham has one and Atlanta is getting one soon. Atlanta quietly has become a solid bbq town. His place, Bryan Furman opened B’s Cracklin, Woods Chapel is our cheffy location, and my personal favorite is Heirloom Market. Husband from Texas, wife from Korea, and they do a hybrid of style in flavors with classic bbq technique. So you will see gochujang, miso, and kimchee in their rubs. Umami to the Nth degree.

Bruno is ridiculously good....Ravishing Pig has been my go to for 10+ yrs...

Advertisement

There is a Tin & Taco AND a Gringos down on Michigan, a few blocks east of Orange. Plenty of free parking, no downtown nonsense. The T&T on Michigan recently doubled their space.

Also, try MX Taco, especially on Saturdays, when they have the Al Pastor.

Pizza Bruno is amazing, he is also doing bagels (Montreal style) now, and a bunch of the Foxtail Coffee locations have the Bagels Bruno.

There is a Tin & Taco AND a Gringos down on Michigan, a few blocks east of Orange. Plenty of free parking, no downtown nonsense. The T&T on Michigan recently doubled their space.

Also, try MX Taco, especially on Saturdays, when they have the Al Pastor.

Pizza Bruno is amazing, he is also doing bagels (Montreal style) now, and a bunch of the Foxtail Coffee locations have the Bagels Bruno.
The Foxtail Downtown is terrible...

Advertisement
Ive gotten sick after Kabooki but it was because of the booze. Henry is good peoples. He just won a James Beard award. They still give chocolate cookies after the meal at Sushi Lola? Tori Tori has good yakitori. Lots of great places around there.
lol . Yes at his moms dam cookies. The jazzy tuna, Jazzy salmon rolls were my creation. Ben the old sushi chef let me create a roll when he owned his Sushi place Down Town, When he started at Lolas I had them make it for Aaron and every one loved it so it made the menu.

Henry is awesome people. Didn't know about the nomination. What do you get when you go there. Ill go back and try it and see how it is.

I will try out bruno and get back too you guys omg that. Have you tried MAMAK yet. I got a gift card for it so I need to use that. if so what should I try off the menu.
I'm not a big Orlando Food guy....only a few garners my interest...Anything I-Drive is tourist-y...and waayyy overpriced...there are some Great places...but simply not enough...I realize I'm a Nit Picky MFer when I go out to eat...but I've earned that right after a 38yr career in the Culinary Profession...

Advertisement
Back