OT: Restaurant and Food Thread

Advertisement
the best steak is Northwestern steakhouse, Mason City, Iowa (even better than Bern's)
best strawberry shortcake in the world........Parksdale farm, Plant City
best breakfast....... abuela's house: arina con huevo frito with ketschup (personal preference)

really enjoying everyone's suggestions

Advertisement
What wineries are you guys a fan of?

I enjoyed Joseph Phelps immensely. It's perched atop a hill and they do tastings outside. The wine will never taste better than it does at that moment.

We also enjoy visiting Williams Selyem. Did a lunch/wine tasting at Paul Hobbs that was a blast. Copain was also gorgeous. Had a little picnic at Mauritson (IIRC) that was really nice. I've visited a bunch in Napa/Sonoma (V. Sattui, Mondavi, Silver Oak, Cakebread, Nickel & Nickel, Chateau Montelena, Beckmen, Opus One, Cardinale, Merry Edwards, to name a few) but those seem to be the most memorable.
Wine in general, not specific to the tours or places...
-Matthiasson
-dirty & rowdy
-Division
-Martha Stoumen
-Tom Eddy
-Idlewild
-Gonc (Slovenian)
-broc
-Iruai
-Cruse

A lot of these are kind of out there, natural wines, which is where I have gravitated to lately. Some are off the beaten track grapes for the region they are located.

One other place I liked downtown Napa was the Vintners Collective. It is a shared tasting room of 10 or so super boutique wineries. Actually drinking a rose made from Cabernet from one of them with dinner tomorrow night from a new spot in Atlanta called Little Bear:

Last edited:
Two pork butts ready for a smoke tomorrow. Both about nine pounds. Local made rub.

Will be smoking at 225 over applewood. Probably about 11 hours.

33CB09B2-67A1-473B-A14A-D35A04C2B6BC.jpeg

3A5C3F1A-B91D-4E9A-A55F-A30D929C85E9.jpeg

Advertisement
looking good! What kind of smoker you working with? Where’s the meat from?
I have a camp chef pellet smoker

The pork butts are from a local butcher shop. They get their meat local and never frozen.

Gonna be a good few weeks. Should be getting half a cow from my in law’s neighbors. My in laws own the pasture they graze in so I know exactly where they’re coming from and what they eat. Super pumped for some brisket.

What's good to eat in Louisville? Moving there for work with my fiance by the end of August.
Had tons of good food when I lived in San Diego(stationed) and when I was on deployment to Australia, Thailand, and Singapore.

Advertisement
the best steak is Northwestern steakhouse, Mason City, Iowa (even better than Bern's)
best strawberry shortcake in the world........Parksdale farm, Plant City
best breakfast....... abuela's house: arina con huevo frito with ketschup (personal preference)

really enjoying everyone's suggestions
Parksdale has some of the best strawberry shortcake and milkshakes from February to March.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back