OT: Restaurant and Food Thread

Snapper is more "Fishy" than others....and less versatile than Grouper...Mahi Mahi etc....Less is best with Snapper...
I know but just give me the best suited sauce the use... I have way too much fish and I need to make a change too my present cooking methods so my wife can stay happy... you know WIM.

Advertisement
I know but just give me the best suited sauce the use... I have way too much fish and I need to make a change too my present cooking methods so my wife can stay happy... you know WIM.
Saute some Garlic (chopped) and Shallots in Olive Oil for a minute....add some Dry White Wine and deglaze till alcohol burns out (1 minute)...add spoon of Capers, let saute on med for another minute....2 mins before spooning on Snapper, throw a couple patties of Butter in pan, and swish around till emulisified (30 secs)....Spoon over Broiled Snapper (Very Piccata-ish)

Snapper is more "Fishy" than others....and less versatile than Grouper...Mahi Mahi etc....Less is best with Snapper...
I've been making the mango fillets with a crumb-coated recipe I invented using gluten free bread crumbs that my wife loves. I found that gluten free flower and bread crumbs fry and bake crispier than regular wheat based flour due to the rice flour... so by adding butter and some dry spices and mixing, it makes a great coating without frying. But I've done that five times in the last 3 months.

I've been making the mango fillets with a crumb-coated recipe I invented using gluten free bread crumbs that my wife loves. I found that gluten free flower and bread crumbs fry and bake crispier than regular wheat based flour due to the rice flour... so by adding butter and some dry spices and mixing, it makes a great coating without frying. But I've done that five times in the last 3 months.
Another go to for me is a Fresh Mango sauce/Salsa that you can make in a Food processor in mins....you can add alittle Jalapeno to the Mango while its processing....

Saute some Garlic (chopped) and Shallots in Olive Oil for a minute....add some Dry White Wine and deglaze till alcohol burns out (1 minute)...add spoon of Capers, let saute on med for another minute....2 mins before spooning on Snapper, throw a couple patties of Butter in pan, and swish around till emulisified (30 secs)....Spoon over Broiled Snapper (Very Piccata-ish)
Sounds good. I've made a dill based cream sauce over salmon that was pretty good but I don't think it will work on any other fish.

Advertisement
Sounds good. I've made a dill based cream sauce over salmon that was pretty good but I don't think it will work on any other fish.
With Salmon....Dill is good...I used to make a Poached Salmon Dish (8oz Salmon Fillet)...and set Salmon on a Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, at several restaurants...Good Stuff....

i do something very similar -- just swap out the capers for a little diced jalapeno and garnish with some cilantro (if you don't find the taste too soapy)

and a nice squeeze of fresh lime!

Last edited:
Another go to for me is a Fresh Mango sauce/Salsa that you can make in a Food processor in mins....you can add alittle Jalapeno to the Mango while its processing....
Yes I've had the mango based salsa sauce at restaurants but thee wife isn't much of a fan. I've noticed she likes the lemon, garlic, butter sauces... and so do I... hence chicken Francaise is one our absolute favorite dishes... light and tasty.

i do something very similar -- just swap out the capers for a little diced jalapeno and garnish with some cilantro (if you don't find the taste too soapy)
My GF is a Chicken Piccata Fanatic....I make it for her atleast 2 times a month...So Capers are always handy...And Shallots and Garlic are a staple at my home....

Advertisement
I'm gorging myself on huli huli chicken tonight. This is easily my favorite chicken dish. I could eat it every other day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For lunch today, leftover gnocchi with fresh buffalo mozzarella,

Attachments

• 20200914_130635.jpg
    20200914_130635.jpg
    696.8 KB · Views: 3
Advertisement
Back